Saturday, January 29, 2011

Star- Spangled Blunder.


Folks are still taking to the streets in Egypt, and if Mubarak doesn't go peacefully this might not end well.

Meanwhile, here in A-merry-ca, Rush is making fun of the Chinese, Joan Rivers is making fun of the First Lady, and Tracy Morgan is having older white lady fantasies. What a country! But you have got to love the land of the [only some are] free.

Which leads me to what I want to talk about tonight: My favorite rendition of the National Anthem was when fellow PK, Marvin Gaye, serenaded us with his version at the 1983 NBA all star game. Whitney wasn't bad, but Marvin's version was transcending.

So here comes poor Shai Warfield-Cross trying to put her own unique stamp on our national song, only to be told that her version wasn't quite "traditional" enough.

"BLOOMINGTON, Ind. – An Indiana school district that told a black teenager to perform "The Star-Spangled Banner" in a "traditional way" after receiving complaints about her performance is drawing questions now about whether the complaints and directive were racially motivated.

Shai Warfield-Cross, 16, has performed the national anthem at sports events at Bloomington High School North over the last year without incident. But school officials said they received complaints about her performance during a game in Martinsville.

Principal Jeff Henderson told The Herald-Times in a statement that people had complained that while the words to the anthem were the same, the tune was unrecognizable. He declined to comment to The Associated Press.

Some who complained after the game in Martinsville — a predominantly white community about 30 miles southwest of Indianapolis — also said they felt the rendition was disrespectful to current and former members of the military, Henderson said.

Warfield-Cross' family says athletics director Jen Hollars told the teen last Friday that she would not be allowed to sing the anthem unless she modified her version and sang in a more traditional way. Hollars declined to comment and referred questions to Henderson, who said school officials told Warfield-Cross the performances should be more "traditional" to ensure the song's tune is recognizable. " [Story]

Yes, we have to be able to recognize our anthem. Besides, if you Negroes want to change the anthem why don't you just sing your own? Here in A-merry-ca the national anthem is sacred, we won't allow you Negroes to distort and make a mockery of it. That's for little white children to do. ... Let me stop. Hey, have a good night y'all, and God Bless A-merry-ca!



122 comments:

Anonymous said...

Field, "Here in A-merry-ca the national anthem is sacred, we won't allow you Negroes to distort and make a mockery of it."

Field, I agree 100% with you. That song IS sacred and nobody should basterdize it with their own racial rendition. It should be traditional which dignifies our flag and respects the people who wrote the song.

It is time some of our Negroes get on board with the rest of America and stop the don't give a damn bs.

Thanks again, Field for standing up and letting a lot of Blacks know what's proper and moral.

Our race needs more bm like you!

Rev. Right said...

Wow, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel looking for the racial insult of the day, Field.

I thought her rendition was fine, and respectful. It's a hard song to sing, and maybe she just changed it a little to fit her voice. The people in crowd seemed to enjoy it.

BTW, thanks for enlightening me, I never knew there was a Black National Anthem. After listening to it though, I can see why it never caught on. They should have gone with Atomic Dog.

Ernesto said...

WTF? I was expecting something like the Roseanne Barr rendition. That sounded perfectly fine to me. Yes, more proof that we have serious diversity issues in A-merry-ca, Field.

Another WTF moment up there...that was one sick attmept at humor. Most people think of Sarah Palin when they are trying NOT to orgasm. Old hormone-drying-up heffa.

Ernesto said...

And to the wingnut fool that actually posted a link defending Elvis Presley in the last thread. That was a JOKE, ya dumb ass. Y'all are taking things way too seriously. It might be time to take your angry white man rants back to the Hannity message boards where that crapppp belongs. Thank you.

Comrade PhysioProf said...

That young girl sang the fucken song absolutely beautifully, and anyone who had a problem with it is a stupid dumfucke ignorant racist piece of shitte.

Lola Gets said...

I gotta be honest though, I cant stand the way she was singing that song. In fact, I dont like it when other ridiculously untrained singers try to "warble" or whatever the proper name for that vocal technique is called. Most cant do it well, but they do it anyways, because apparently thats whats "in" now.

Dammit, just sing the damned songs, shit! With just one, maybe two notes per word! Youre not Rachelle Farrell, youre not Beyonce, and you know youre not getting any vocal training, lets just quit pretending, ok?

Sheesh.

L

Larry Dick said...

@Ernesto: Please take your confused sexuality, pseudo intellectual little man posts back to the Hannah Montana message board where they belong.

Michael Hawkins said...

Thanks for the link-back.

Clearly whoever whined about this version of the song is an idjit. But I couldn't find any good evidence that the person was anything more than that. I tried finding the Herald-Times article, but it appears to require a subscription. So how do we know he or she was racist? I would like if the whiner actually came forward and made some statements, but that hasn't happened. There just isn't any way to know if the motivation was racist. If anything, I would guess the person was a crotchety old military man who believes the right way to do something is just the way he happened to first experience it. That does increase the odds of racism being at play, and if that's the case, double-fuck the guy, but let's not play into what is seems to mostly be media hype.

Daktari said...

Well what the hell was wrong with that rendition? She's a pretty talented little girl if you ask me.

Ernesto said...

Hah hah, Larry Little that was a good 'un. Thanks for playing, next.

Jon said...

A little background. Shai Wakefield-Cross sang her version of the anthem at a game between Bloomington High School North and their traditional rivals. Martinsville. Bloomington is a university town with a well deserved reputation for liberal politics and as much racial diversity as can be found in Southern Indiana. Martinsville is locally well known as the home of an active Ku Klux Klan group. Martinsville is well known as the most racist and reactionary town in a generally racist and reactionary part of the country. Southern Indiana has been a Klan stronghold since the '20's. The objections to Ms. Warfield-Cross' performance came from Martinsville and were locally understood to be racially based.
That, anyhow, is the story I got from friends and family in Bloomington. There are counter claims that the complaints came from Bloomington. In any event, the principal of BHSN has apologized to Ms. Warfield-Cross and her family for any criticisms she may have received from anyone at her school.
There are so many reasons why I left Indiana.

Michael Hawkins said...

@Jon

Thanks for the additional info. It's this sort of knowledge that makes it necessary to even rationally speculate there was a racial motive.

Anonymous said...

Ernesto said...
WTF? I was expecting something like the Roseanne Barr rendition. That sounded perfectly fine to me. Yes, more proof that we have serious diversity issues in A-merry-ca, Field.

Another WTF moment up there...that was one sick attmept at humor. Most people think of Sarah Palin when they are trying NOT to orgasm. Old hormone-drying-up heffa.



Your a demented little man. You would come in your pants if a woman like Sarah Palin even looked down at you, but we know that women see the top of your head and dismiss you as the midget balding heespanic that you are.

Why do you bring up Sarah Palin at every chance no matter how crazy and stretched your reference is? Do you whack off to her pictures because your wife had to many ninos and has a mustache as thick as yours? Or did you go back to taking it up the ass as you used to? Must be hard for a little guy like you to get it in the ass good,you know with the kiddie length legs and all, do you have to kneel on the bed while paco stands?

Ernesto's Mom said...

"Your a demented little man. You would come in your pants if a woman like Sarah Palin even looked down at you, but we know that women see the top of your head and dismiss you as the midget balding heespanic that you are."


Actually, little Ernesto is as black as AB's ass. The rest of your description is pretty accurate, sad to say. I just wish he could get hisself some pussy and get out my house.

Ernesto said...

Hey I only mentioned that man-faced mouth breather with the rapidly diminishing estrogen levels because someone said she was jerk off material. That was beyond incorrect, her voice is like fingernails on a blackboard and the bloom is waaaay off the rose as they say. In fact, she is really starting to look like one of the contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race.

In addition to being even more functionally illiterate than the gaggle of wingnuts infesting these comments. Not a good look!

SickupandFed said...

Well she's in good company. Anybody remember this? Field this is a much better example of doing it so good, white folk are still pissed off almost three years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSOtKyCJMvY&feature=related

I purposely linked to that one so some of our anonymous asschunks might see how stupid they sound. Some of the comments are pretty vile. Still living with the myth of white supremacy.

Phil4Real said...

Well when you live in a country full of low life hill billies, I'm sure they only expect the same old original rendition. I'd like to see her sing it and change it so it sounds like a country tune and see if they complain. Otherwise this is just another krakkker siting.

no_slappz said...

field, this just in from Obama at the Whimp House:

Obama Presses for Change but Not a New Face at the Top

By DAVID E. SANGER and HELENE COOPER

Officials said concern about a potential power vacuum drove President Obama's decision not to call for Mr. Mubarak's resignation.


In other words, the public position of the US allows Mubuarak to machine-gun the protestors and keep the internet turned off until the uprising runs its course.

Behind the scenes, things might be a little different, but not enough to matter.

The headline, which is from today's NY Times, makes a mockery of Hillary's threat to cut off US aid to Egypt.

no_slappz said...

field,

My fly-on-the-wall of the Oval Office at the Whimp House post was not intended to be funny. It was not comedy. It was pure tragedy.

As we shall see, Obama will act tragically many more times in the final two years of his administration.

no_slappz said...

pilotX,

The Providence St Mel link said absolutely nothing of consequence. Everything was old hat.

Why is that tiny tiny school "successful"?

Because it accepts kids with a parent or parents who will oversee homework and ensure that the kid has a quiet place at home to complete homework and study.

Moreover, the kids wear uniforms.

For some people a quasi-military environment works best. Wearing uniforms and drilling till everyone gets it right is an approach with a long history of success.

It works for a lot of people when the object is to master the basics. It's good to see military-style learning and confidence-building succeeding at Providence St Mel.

But video included a lot of shots of drug-dealing violent black thugs hanging around. There were far more of them than St Mel students, so we know the philosophy of the street is far more appealing than the promise of a regimented life at the school.

As long as the black community accepts people who say "Stop Snitchin" and as long as the black community tolerates outrageous levels of criminality -- particularly drug dealing -- urban black neighborhoods will remain as they are.

no_slappz said...

Singing the National Anthem?

Heres' the deal. When someone is hired for a job, the boss gets to call the shots.

You may not like it, but that's real life.

Meanwhile, a performer who is invited to sing at a major event is getting a level of free publicity that's hard to duplicate at any price. Her performance will become part of her artistic resume, and it will undoubtedly open some doors.

She's not a star who can over-rule her employer. But, on her own, she is certainly free to record ths anthem in her preferred style. Nothing is stopping her from creating a YouTube music video of her doing the song "her way."

Now that her name has become known in the media, Youtube music videos of her singing will be downloaded.

Anonymous said...

SickupandFed said...
Well she's in good company. Anybody remember this? Field this is a much better example of doing it so good, white folk are still pissed off almost three years later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSOtKyCJMvY&feature=related

I purposely linked to that one so some of our anonymous asschunks might see how stupid they sound. Some of the comments are pretty vile. Still living with the myth of white supremacy.


So whats your point? Never trust a Black to do what they were hired to do? OK we got ya, no surprise there.

As for the myth of white supremacy, I could not agree with your more. It is a myth, please make sure you spread this to everyone you know. Now that we know its a myth, please also share this with Obama so he can get the fuck off our tits and stop trying to get more entitlements for the equal Black race. Cut all those programs that aren't necessary and just part of supporting the lying myth, like affirmative action etc.

no_slappz said...

In today's NY times. Straight from the boys at the Whimp House:

American officials fear that a new government — particularly one dominated by the Muslim Brotherhood or other Islamist groups — may not honor the treaty signed in 1979 by Mr. Mubarak’s predecessor, Anwar el-Sadat.

Mr. Sadat was assassinated two years later, paving the way for Mr. Mubarak. “Clearly Mubarak’s time has run out,” said one of Mr. Obama’s advisers. “But whether that means he allows a real political process to develop, with many voices, or whether he steps out of the way — that’s something the Egyptians need to decide. We don’t get a vote.”


Let's see. Sadat signs a treaty with Israel and shortly after Sadat is assassinated by the Muslim Brotherhood. Sadat is replaced by Mubarak.

In other words, Mubarak got his job as a result of the efforts of the Muslim Brotherhood. He's their guy.

Because Mubarak is their guy, it's a sure bet the Muslim Brotherhood has a lot of allies in the Mubarak regime -- even if Mubarak himself now fears the Muslim Brotherhood.

Moreover, because muslims willingly embrace thugs -- Hamas, in Gaza, for example -- there's no reason to think the Egyptian military and the bulk of the Egyptian population are opposed to the Muslim Brotherhood and its line of baloney.

If Obama were not the Whimp-in-Chief, the Muslim Brotherhood would cause less worry. But, America is stuck with Obama for at least another two years and in that period the Muslim Brotherhood will have more than enough time to make a mess of Egypt and neighboring states. Having a nuclear bomb is part of the problem.

Mack Lyons said...

As I said over at RiPPa's blog, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the way she sung the National Anthem. These sick, color-aroused bigots who have the nerve to call themselves human beings should be ashamed at the way they're behaving over this child's performance.

Thanks to Jon for giving us a bit of insight on what went down.

Mack Lyons said...

"Let's see. Sadat signs a treaty with Israel and shortly after Sadat is assassinated by the Muslim Brotherhood. Sadat is replaced by Mubarak.

In other words, Mubarak got his job as a result of the efforts of the Muslim Brotherhood. He's their guy."


So why do we give this guy $1.5 billion in aid to keep him happy and calm? If he wasn't our guy, we wouldn't be giving two fucks about him a la Tunisia.

Anonymous said...

Sarey as Drag Queen...now I understand why so many wingnuts have lust in their hearts for 'her'.
Wasn't Indiana the growth medium for J Danforth Qualyle? Isn't he one of those noted for their extreme comfort with racism? Wasn't he one of the least competent people ever to hold Federal Office? He was totally studly and heroic and brave when being snotty to a elementary student. A conservative...as being Liberal and Progressive takes effort and intelligence. And neocon Libertard..because all his money are belong to inheritance.

I do love how heroically brave studly man-filled racists are when faced with the terrible, terrible threat to our Families(tm) and Way Of Life(tm) posed by a single AfAm teenager who sings better than Pwincess Snowfwake. How horrifying to know, for absolute certain, that Pwincess Snowfwake sounds like Sarey.

Mold

no_slappz said...

SickupandFed:

When a person is interviewed by a prospective employer, the boss says "Here's what I want you to do. Do this one thing exactly as I'm instructing you to do it. Can you do it the way I want it done?"

Yes? Or No? Simple.

The singer has every right to decline the offer. She can claim the conditions violate her sense of artistry. That's fine. No problem. But the employee does not dictate the terms of the job. That's real life.

Moreover, it is irrelevant that other singers who were hired by different bosses at different venues were given more freedom to perform "their way."

If her star rises high enough, she may get the same offers.

Anonymous said...

Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood.
If you say it enough, the slowtards mght even beleeve you done has a clew about Egypt....jus' lahk FoxNooz!
Then again, it only fools teh stoopid.

It isn't always about the US and how much we am exceptional...the actor with Downs was 'exceptional'. Egypt isn't the US...Duh.

If one wishes to repeat talking points from KenNBarbie from Fox, one might wish to at least Google "Hamas" before making statements that prove ignorance. Just because it fools the people at church (who know even less) because you can use the word "Hamas" in a sentence does not mean you have any concept of its meaning.

Egypt is a major player in the area. We like to keep it at least neutral. And, as is well-known to the 'Arab Street', we support most of the dictators because they keep labour cheap.

Mold

no_slappz said...

mack lyons asks the dumb question of the day:

So why do we give this guy $1.5 billion in aid to keep him happy and calm?

The money, some of which undoubtedly goes into Mubarak's pants pocket, is the proverbial payoff. The US pays protection money to Mubarak so Mubarak keeps the Muslim Brotherhood from acting out in Egypt.

The Muslim Brotherhood was, for a long time, a legitimate political party in Egypt. However, Mubarak eventually "outlawed" the party. As if that is anything but a public-realtions gesture for the benefit of the US and a couple of other interest parties.

However, as even you can see, the Obama administration says if Mubarak is kicked out of Egypt it fears the rise of this outlawed party.

You wrote:

If he wasn't our guy, we wouldn't be giving two fucks about him a la Tunisia.

You can't buy a country with a $220 billion GDP for $1.5 billion. The money is enough to peddle some influence, and the influence has benefited more than it has harmed.

We also give Egypt loan guarantees which enable this nation of muslim idiots to buy the food their hapless incompetent farmers cannot produce.

If Egypt had to supply all its own food, the country would face mass starvation.

no_slappz said...

mold, you wrote:

we support most of the dictators because they keep labour cheap.

Statements like the preceding prove your utter ignorance about economics and money.

Exactly what labor? And why does cheap labor in Egypt benefit anyone anywhere?

What do we import from Egypt? The answer: Not much.

Egypt has been know for producing some excellent cotton. The good stuff is exported and is used by our better shirt-makers.

But even a nitwit like you can conclude that exporting a little cotton does not support a nation of 80 million muslim idiots.

no_slappz said...

mold,

Here's some numbers for you.

The value of Egypt's exports to the US is about $2 billion.

The value of Egypt's imports from the US is about $5 billion.

If Egypt were a more prosperous nation, the value of its exports and impports would rise.

IN fact, Egypt's total exports to the world are only $25 billion. Amazingly, the country has oil and gas reserves, but is so incmpetent at running its energy business that it has no oil to export.

no_slappz said...

Latest headlines from Egypt:

Police disappear from streets...

Gangs with machetes, knives run wild...

UPDATE: 100+ dead; 2,000 injured...

Police station attacks; 17 dead...

Troops let protests roll...

ElBaradei: New VP, PM not enough...

Will Suleiman succeed Mubarak?

Mubarak's sons flee to London...

Is Mubarak in Sharm el-Sheikh?

Looters storm Egyptian Museum...

REPORT: Some looters are gov't agents...

Flights halted, tourists trapped...

19 private jets get out...

Egypt shuts down Al Jazeera bureau...

no_slappz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
no_slappz said...

A change is a-comin'

Ain't revolution fun?

Anonymous said...

Keep repeating those FoxNooz talking points and you may fool yourself into beleeving you know something.
After all, how many of your peers at church have even heard of the Muslim Brotherhood? And you can console yourself with the fantasy that not one Liberal/Progressive has ever even heard of the Muslim Brotherhood.
Except...
Only FoxNooz just learned of the Muslim Brotherhood. For those who, like, read about the issues in the Middle East, the Muslim Brotherhood is not new. From other posters, I can inform you they know more than a tad about the Muslim Brotherhood.
What you are doing is a 'Tom Clancy', a usage of a term without any concept of meaning or understanding. He would write about the st reagan 42cm Massive Penetration Device with the bush Strap-On Compensatorator...and so would you. But those who had to deal with the mil-tech could tell you had the st reagan was actually a .42 mm paper-mache piece of crap. The bush Strap-On was -ahem- 'fabulous'...and if you don't get that reference...it had to do with the odd habit of the man for going into the locker room far more frequently than was proper or decorous.
Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Muslim Brotherhood.

Why do I get the impression that I am part of a Jon Stewart 'The Daily Show' skit?

Mold

no_slappz said...

mold,

Regarding the Muslim Brotherhood:

Yeah. Okay. And Hamas, Hezbollah, al Qaeda, the Taliban, the KKK, the Bader Meinhoff gang, the Red Brigade, Nazis, Kamikazis, the Tonton Macoute, the Mau Maus, the bloods, the Crips, the Mafia --

All figments of someone's imagination.

Sarge said...

Ah! The good ol' national anthem...

Something that was meant to be brayed by drunks pounding tables, initially (as "Anacreon in Heaven")has achieved almost holy status.

Something to be "defended" from impious hands, kept "pure".

Our civil war band played a version that was written in 1853 and we also recieved complaints: if we were going to play it we must play the REAL one, not that silly, demeaning crap, we were told by red-faced angry people.

I don't like Roseanne much, and her singing leaves me even colder, but as she pointed out and demonstrated when she was taken to task for Profaning this Sacred Paean, she knew every word of every verse, and had a good idea what it was all about...better than the rather vague, emotive crapola about a civic idol that her accusers had rattling around their largely empty skulls.

So, the principles and ideals that they shucked us from the '50s made us seperate and "special" have been pretty much dumped as "quaint", and no longer relevent, civil liberty, law and even citizenship are now notional, and recognised at the convenience and pleasure of the state, most of the populace has been robbed and made to hold still for it by manipulators who should have been jailed, we have no infrastructure, nor should we expect one, and we now have a "permawar" situation that is undeclared, mandated by money, and the populace at large is slipping more and more into peonage...if they're lucky. And people grumble and then shrug.

But, damn! A girl sang the Nation Anthem in a way we don't like! The Homeland is insulted! The damage is irremedial!

maria said...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2011-01-27/muslim-brotherhood-could-win-in-egypt-protests-and-why-obama-shouldnt-worry/

field negro said...

Damn slap-stick, you seem a little too obsessed with the O man's WH and how they are handling this crisis. I smell a republican plant.

Jon, thanks for the background on this story.

Lola, you and some folks don't like this version of the song for different reasons.

Rev. Right, I am not surprised that you have never heard of the BNA. That would require reading from time to time. You won't learn those types of things by watching FOX.

Anonymous said...

Gosharooties, FoxMan! Bill Ayers was radical in the 1960s!!!! And now...OMG!!!...he is a professor! And middle-aged!!!
Colour me curious, but why are all the boogedy-men of Fox from 40+ years ago?

Mold

no_slappz said...

More breaking news from Egypt:


Fighter jets swoop over Cairo in show of force...

Mubarak meets with military commanders...

Generals tell him to quit...

Troops move into Tahrir square as curfew passes...

ElBaradei joins protesters in square...

Says US 'losing credibility by the day'...

Clinton calls for 'orderly transition'...

'We're not advocating any specific outcome'...

Convicts pour out of prisons...

alicia banks said...

amen fn:

martin did it best...4 ever!!!

i adore marvin...

and i liked this girl's version too...
she really changed it only at the ending...like an extended live/concert version...

happy sunday!

no_slappz said...

field, you wrote:

Damn slap-stick, you seem a little too obsessed with the O man's WH and how they are handling this crisis. I smell a republican plant.

Ah, another example of field-logic.

Because Obama is too cowardly to side with the Egyptians demanding freedom and democracy, I am a "Republican plant."

You are truly the king of non-sequiturs. Your logic follows the same dislocated path of the OJ jury members.

They claimed: Because Mark Fuhrmann once said the magic n-word, OJ did not murder his ex-wife and Ron Goldman.

It's bad enough that anyone reaches absurd conclusions about actual events, but when someone who claims to work in our legal system suffers the same impairment, the stakes get serious.

By the way, are you a member of the Pennsylvania Bar?

Sheri Maple said...

I listened to the teen's version of the SSB, and the melody and notes were still in tact. I have nary a clue to what those white folks who complained are talking about. She was also nervous when she first started out singing, but other than there was nothing wrong with the version. The average American cannot even sing the damn song, and all of the sudden, they are musical experts. Carrie Underwood sings the anthem differently that of Denyse Graves would sing the song. One is a country singer and the other is an opera, therefore you are going to hear different versions because they will have different ranges in pitches and octaves, a middle C or a high C. There complaints should be dismissed give them all of the attention they deserve which is not very much.

I am listening to a live streaming of Al Jazeera English http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/.

Anonymous said...

MOld, ya make absolutely nahh sense. What in da hell goes on in dat head o' yours. You need ta tell yo' mudda ta change yo' underoos dey iz like ya holding uh full load ya gots ta be da stupidest nig I gots ever read or iz ya really uh kid brace yourself foo'!

Sheri Maple (hennasplace) said...

Obama has to walk a fine line when broaching the topic of the protest in Egypt. There is no question that the US as an interest. No matter what happens the politics in Egypt will forever change, and you have wait and see how this will play out. The Obama cannot burn bridges on either side.

no_slappz said...

maria,

Your ignorance of Islam and the terroristic, global caliphate ambitions many of its followers embrace is no longer surprising.

However, inasmuch as you thought the article by Bruce Riedel was on the mark, it's beginning to look like you also want to boil the problem down to the old anti-Semitic standard line of: Blame the Jews.

Says Riedel:
The most problematic issue between the Ikhwan and America will be Israel. The Brotherhood raised an army to fight Israel in its war of independence in 1948. Its Palestinian branch was the nucleus for Hamas, and the Brotherhood retains links to the rulers of Gaza. The Ikhwan’s leaders understand the peace treaty with Israel is the cornerstone of modern Egyptian foreign policy and underwrites America’s $2 billion annual aid as well as the lucrative tourist trade, but they are very critical of Israel, its leader, and policies. Their base is fundamentally opposed to any Egyptian cooperation with Israel.

Because Obama has shown his anti-Semitic colors, it's no surprise that he chose Riedel to chair a committee reviewing US policy in Pakistan and Afghanistan

Riedel says:
The Israelis find themselves in the very unpleasant position of having a huge stake in the outcome of what happens in Egypt and absolutely no ability to influence the course of events, except to do harm by foolish statements or actions.

Foolish statements or actions? Wow.

Like Israel would fear a new Egypt with a legitimate democratic government. As if a democratic Egypt would concern itself with Israel when the muslims in the streets today say they want jobs and a better life.

Two symbols have not appeared in this revolt -- no burning of the American flag or burning Obama in effigy. And no burning the Israeli flag or any of Israel's leaders.

Riedel:
No wonder a former Israeli ambassador to Cairo said this week that “I am very much afraid that [the opposition] wouldn’t be as committed to peace with Israel and would be bad for Israel.

Oh? So Riedel choses to quote someone who says the obvious.

Is it not true that the Muslim Brotherhood hates Israel and hates Jews and should it gain control of Egypt it would most likely attack?

It wouldn't be the first time. Of course, the last time the Egyptians attacked, they failed rather miserably.

LACoincidental said...

Anonymous said...

Gosharooties, FoxMan! Bill Ayers was radical in the 1960s!!!! And now...OMG!!!...he is a professor! And middle-aged!!!
Colour me curious, but why are all the boogedy-men of Fox from 40+ years ago?

Mold

And don't forget Dr. Frances Fox Piven - the Beck-Bots have been harassing that old woman for weeks.

Mold, its simple -- the only 'liberal boogie men' that are worth worrying about are mostly old people now. MSM exists primarily to distract us from reality -- and its even worse over at Fox News, where people literally believe things that are the exact opposite of reality. (A mandate for private health insurance is socialism? GMFB)

The Right has all but lost the culture wars, and they're going to lose the wars of political-economy too. Folks like No_Slappz will realize that their interests aren't with authoritarians or the plutocratic puppets of both parties, but with those 'dirty hippies' and brown people.

Better to scare the crap out of Middle America who somehow think that environmentalists and ACORN, not the CEO of GE and Microsoft, sent their job to Mexico and China. It serves Fox interests to create liberal monsters for their ignorant audience. Even if your big scary monsters are a bunch of old college professors who were political bomb throwers back in the heyday of 'Superfly' and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

no_slappz said...

sheri maple, you wrote:

No matter what happens the politics in Egypt will forever change,

Utter nonsense. Egypt is an Islamic nation, which means its future will be defined by Islam no matter what form the government takes. Islam is a religion/political doctrine/military, which means it covers all the bases, leaving little room for change.

The history of the Islamic world makes this view an obvious fact.

If Egypt becomes a democracy, it will become its own form of an Islamic democracy, which probably means very little freedom of speech -- can't call Muhammad a child-molesting pedophile and psychotic mass murderer, in other words.

On the other hand, another strong-man might rise to the top. That's what usually happens in Islamic nations.

YOu wrote:
...and you have wait and see how this will play out.

In other words, if a new dictator emerges, well, that's okay too. Even if he (he, because the next leader will be a man, not a woman) threatens the region, and by extension, the world with threats to detonate Egypt's atomic bomb over Israel.

The Obama cannot burn bridges on either side.

You can be sure the Muslim Brotherhood is banking on exactly the weakness in Obama's leadership. As an ex-muslim, we and they can count on Obama to take the wimpy way out.

Obama would NEVER take a stand for freedom from tyranny and despotism unless the Islamic despot had already been tossed out or killed, leaving Obama to perform the janitorial services at the tail end of a conflict.

Rev. Right said...

Field said: "Rev. Right, I am not surprised that you have never heard of the BNA. That would require reading from time to time. You won't learn those types of things by watching FOX."

That's why I come here, among other places.

You ought to try broadening your sources.

I've learned that there are some bright, well-educated black folks who are passionaltely committed to leftist politics and who don't really understand the American ideal. The are also some nut cases and hateful bigots, but that is the case everywhere.

The one thing that binds them all together is rigid adherance to to the "us vs. them" narrative that keeps people on the liberal plantation. Being a leftist necessitates being ever vigilant against letting inconvenient facts cast any doubt on one's cherished beliefs. It' also necessitates a good deal of hate directed at those who dissent from those orthodoxies.

My motivation to posting is that it is sad to see well-meaning, capable people tilting at windmills when a better life is just sitting there, waiting to be seized.

no_slappz said...

la coincidental,

Yesterday I left a question for you, but you may not have seen it.

RE: the For-Profit school sued by your girlfriedn's law firm.

Ask her about the legal issues behind the lawsuit. Ask her if, given the utter failure of many individual public schools, if parents (customers) might have a basis for a lawsuit naming the local Dept of Ed as defendant for the same reasons?

I've love to hear from someone who has sued a private for-profit school for its defficiencies on the topic of bad individual public schools.

no_slappz said...

la coincidental, you wrote:

Folks like No_Slappz will realize that their interests aren't with authoritarians or the plutocratic puppets of both parties, but with those 'dirty hippies' and brown people.

My interests are expressed in terms of democracy, freedom and capitalism. Once those three principles are guiding a nation, everything else works out well enough.

It's the White House Whimp Obama who doubts the transformative power of democracy, freedom and capitalism.

LACoincidental said...

She sued for breach of contract - you can't guarantee people lifelong free job placement assistance then charge alumni. I can ask her more details, but since its you, No_Slappz, I doubt the details would suffice.

no_slappz said...

la coincidental,

Inasmuch as there is an implicit contract between parents/children and the public school the kids attend and the parents support through taxes, there's no doubt that failure of a publc school falls along the same lines as failure of a private school.

no_slappz said...

la coincidental,

Here in NY City, the city is obligated to provide an "adequate and sufficient" education to all public school students.

Interestingly, when it comes to the "speical ed" segment of the student body, parents have successfully sued the Dept of Ed and forced the Dept to pay the tuition for special ed kids to attend private schools.

Moreover, the private schools have proven they do a far far far better job and they do it for less than the Dept of Ed budgets -- per-special-ed child.

The success of the private special-ed schools, which receive some of their revenue as a result of successful lawsuits against the Dept of Ed, proves an important point:

Vouchers work. Many kids who enroll in these schools come from families who could not otherwise afford the tuition. But due to the payments made by the Dept of Ed, kids with learning problems are put in settings that work -- as the results demonstrate year after year.

Of course the Teachers' Union opposes the practice.

maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
maria said...

be it resolve, racist islama-phobic n-s knows everything there is to know about everything and is never wrong about anything, and anyone who challenges him is an ignorant stoonad.

all in favor say AYE. all against?

the motion passes unanimously!

go fuck yourself. we're done listening to your crap.

Sheri Maple (hennasplace) said...

No_slappz:

You have no idea what will happen, but it is evident by looking at the events that are unfolding now. The people are who protesting the government is under the 30. 65% of the population in the country are under the 30 and they see things differently those of the previous generation. I just that there will be change, I didn't say what kind of change because I don't have an answer to that question and neither do you. We are talking about people have been under the current regime for more than 30 years. The country has been under a state of emergency since Mubarak became President, so technically there has been no government only a dictatorship. People will eventually revolt, and you have no idea what will happen because it's difficult to predict. In addition, if they are successful with removing Mubarak, there is a country in turmoil because they will still be no government in place. So No_Slappz you have nary a clue as to what you are talking about because there is no definitive answer.

field negro said...

"Utter nonsense. Egypt is an Islamic nation, which means its future will be defined by Islam no matter what form the government takes. Islam is a religion/political doctrine/military, which means it covers all the bases, leaving little room for change."

Slap-stick,you are an idiot and you have zero knowledge of internal Egyptian politics.

Do you think the Egyptian military is powerful? (Here is a hint for you: The newly appointed VP, Sulieman, came from the military) And do you believe that the "Muslim Brotherhood" is as powerful and as organized as you have been led to believe?

See what hennasplace said. Unless you have a crystal ball under that hood of yours, you have no idea who will ultimately lead Egypt or what type of government they will put in place.

BTW,since you are such a big defender of law and order and right wing governments in the Middle East, you should be cursing your boy W and the neo cons for kicking out Saddam.

Anonymous said...

maria said...
be it resolve, racist islama-phobic n-s knows everything there is to know about everything and is never wrong about anything, and anyone who challenges him is an ignorant stoonad.

all in favor say AYE. all against?

the motion passes unanimously!

go fuck yourself. we're done listening to your crap.



Maria, what the hell kind of Italian are you? It is Stunad, not Stoonad, or are you speaking Italian Ebonics now?

I look forward to the day when a woman like you gets to live in the Arab world or under Islam. I wish I could be there on the day that you UNDERSTAND without the wonderful protection the US offers what ISLAM will mean to you as a woman.

Are you going to march in support of Islam for those two family members who committed honor killings and murdered their daughters and sisters for being non islamic?

What is your definition of Stunad? A woman who would be blind not to see what Islam means in terms of oppression to women and then decided to fight her countrymen to ensure this doctrine is allowed, when in the end it would totally impact her life to comparative slavery. That is a Stunad.

no_slappz said...

field,

Are you a member of the Pennsylvania Bar?

You wrote:

BTW,since you are such a big defender of law and order and right wing governments in the Middle East, you should be cursing your boy W and the neo cons for kicking out Saddam.

Again, an example of the non-sequitur field-logic.

If demciracy arrives in Egypt, Bush will get a lot of credit. Why? Because the example of Iraq adjusting to this western concept did what it was intended to do: Get other muslims to start thinking they could do the same.

But they also know it helps when the US Marine Corps, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force are forcing the change..

I have no doubt the anti-Mubarak forces would cheer if a US military transport carried Mubarak and his chief henchmen out of the country and then Obama declared the arrival of a free and democratic Egypt.

But, Obama, our White House Whimp, won't go that far.

In fact, assuming Mubarak gets the boot, I'll bet Obama lets Egypt follow whatever course the internal power struggle leads to.

BlameDaBush said...

field negro said...
"Utter nonsense. Egypt is an Islamic nation, which means its future will be defined by Islam no matter what form the government takes. Islam is a religion/political doctrine/military, which means it covers all the bases, leaving little room for change."

Slap-stick,you are an idiot and you have zero knowledge of internal Egyptian politics.

Do you think the Egyptian military is powerful? (Here is a hint for you: The newly appointed VP, Sulieman, came from the military) And do you believe that the "Muslim Brotherhood" is as powerful and as organized as you have been led to believe?

See what hennasplace said. Unless you have a crystal ball under that hood of yours, you have no idea who will ultimately lead Egypt or what type of government they will put in place.

BTW,since you are such a big defender of law and order and right wing governments in the Middle East, you should be cursing your boy W and the neo cons for kicking out Saddam.


I used to be non political but now I swear I am convinced Leftards are seriously deranged and I do now concur that liberalism is a mental disorder. You defy all logic and twist every scenario no matter how implausible just to point some imagined finger at some political party.

Laughing once again at your total inability to discuss or say anything intellectual other then negative false comparisons and the everpresent...It's all Bush's fault. My god, do you actually make it in the world with this intellect?

no_slappz said...

field, you wrote:

Slap-stick,you are an idiot and you have zero knowledge of internal Egyptian politics.

An intimate knowledge of the internal dynamics of an Islamic nation is unnecessary when it comes to predicting the future of an Islamic nation.

For Islamic nations, Past is Prologue -- every time, with the possible exception of Iraq.

These clowns have carried on in characteristic form for 1,400 years.

They saddle themselves with dictators almost every time. Then they embrace the misery until some catalyst comes into play.

Over the last 60 years, Islamic nations have become more Islamic rather than less, with the exception of Iraq.

So, Egypt will hopefully become the next Islamic democracy. But if not that, then it will become a hostage of another tyrannical regime.

Either way, it will remain devoutly Islamic, which covers about 99% of living for those idiots.

field negro said...

"Again, an example of the non-sequitur field-logic."

Folks, give slap- stick a cookie. He actually learned a latin word.
See how you increase your knowledge by coming to black blogs? Or did you know that word before?

Slap- stick, would you ask one of your klan brothers that question?(if he or she is barred in a state that they practice law? Just curious.

maria said...

i never defended islam and i spelled stoonad correctly.
the usual deflect and project technique. brilliant. (not)

no_slappz said...

field, you wrote:

Do you think the Egyptian military is powerful?

Depends on what you mean by "powerful". If you are asking if the Egyptian troops could go head-to-head with the US Army and Marine Corps, then NO, they are wimps.

The Egyptian troops would scatter like the sand in the desert wind if they were on the receiving end of a US assault.

HOwever, if you are suggesting something about nutty Egyptians pushing the button to detonate a nuclear weapon, then, yes, there is that to worry about. Fortunately, it is an Islamic nuclear weapon, which most likely means some clown will push the button and the bomb will fizzle.

(Here is a hint for you: The newly appointed VP, Sulieman, came from the military)

So what? He's an old man who is possibly more hated than Mubarak. His role will be short-lived if he has any real role.

And do you believe that the "Muslim Brotherhood" is as powerful and as organized as you have been led to believe?

AS always, everything done by muslims is half-baked. But yes, the Muslim Brotherhood has guns and allies, and it is more organized than the other idiots running around the country.

Everything is relative.

no_slappz said...

field, you wrote:

Slap- stick, would you ask one of your klan brothers that question?(if he or she is barred in a state that they practice law? Just curious.

It's just that Martindale Hubbell has no record of you.

field negro said...

Well Slap-stick, I better pack up and head out, I think the the man is on to me.

field negro said...

"I used to be non political but now I swear I am convinced Leftards are seriously deranged and I do now concur that liberalism is a mental disorder.."

That is a lie! You were never "non political". Face it, you were born a wingnut.

"Laughing once again at your total inability to discuss or say anything intellectual other then negative false comparisons and the everpresent...It's all Bush's fault"

Yes, kind of like it's all Obama's fault from your side of the "loony" farm.

"My god, do you actually make it in the world with this intellect?"

I am meeting my accountant next week to do my "taxes"; I will tell you then.

Anonymous said...

The word is stunad. maria is awful as speller as she is a mother. her own kids hate her and rather get sick and die a painful death than to be around her.

Anonymous said...

maria said...
i never defended islam and i spelled stoonad correctly.
the usual deflect and project technique. brilliant. (not)



You didn't Oh ok, My mistake. Good for you. Must have been another Maria on this blog who used the word Islamophobia when facts are raised.

As far as Stoonad vs Stunad, Your spelling is the Urban Dictionary version. This IS ebonics. In Italian it is spelled Stunad.

Just so you know, Leroys Chicken and Rib Shack is not a nice Italian Restaurant no matter what they tell you. I'm just sayin...You see what I'm sayin.

Anonymous said...

field negro said...
"I used to be non political but now I swear I am convinced Leftards are seriously deranged and I do now concur that liberalism is a mental disorder.."

That is a lie! You were never "non political". Face it, you were born a wingnut.

"Laughing once again at your total inability to discuss or say anything intellectual other then negative false comparisons and the everpresent...It's all Bush's fault"

Yes, kind of like it's all Obama's fault from your side of the "loony" farm.

"My god, do you actually make it in the world with this intellect?"

I am meeting my accountant next week to do my "taxes"; I will tell you then.


Ahh, so you again want to change reality to fit your rhetoric. Liberal to the core.

WHo ever said it was all Obamas fault? Not I. I laugh at Maroons who do nothing but point fingers and cant discuss facts as adults.

That was exactly the point of my previous post to you and you answer with, I know you are but what am I, you...you....you... Obama hater, yeah thats it, your an obamahater, so it is all Bush's fault.

Enough said.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...only one sect of Islam wishes to re-establish the Caliphate. Kind of like saying all christians want polygamy with underage girls.
Muslim Brotherhood.
bush was such a pleasure. No other pResident, not even the fetishized st reagan, had so many 'furriners' dismayed at the gross incompetence, the swaggering douchebaggery, or the complete idiocy. Though, to be fair, he did provide wingnut welfare beyond even the dreams of st reagan. Chertoff, VanSpassovsky, Gonzales, Bybee, Yoo, Townsend, Bolton, SCOTUS, Goodling...if you were a wingnut who could not ever find a position...bush hired you. And then placed you in Federal Civil Service...so you would not have to -ick- go into the workforce based on your non-existent qualifications.
Muslim Brotherhod.
When the Dixie Chicks were fatwa-ed by wingnuts...where was heroically brave democracy and freedom capitalist-Boy? Odd how the definitions used by d and fc-Boy are the exact ones used by Beck and Fox.
Muslim Brotherhood.
Field, I must dispute the bush vs Obama debate. We think bush was a putz...because he always was and continues to be one. They think Obama isn't qualified because of the amount of melanin contained within his skin.
Muslim Brotherhood.
Only in the cranial spaces of FoxNooz and neocons did the murder of millions of Iraqi citizens by the bushWar of choice somehow manage to be placed into the same context as Democracy. After years of bushWar murders, the Iraqis have made it clear that they prefer the reign of Saddam Hussein....less corrupt, fewer murders, less rapes, and more social services. On the neocon plus side...fewer government services, cheaper labour rates, no eveel government regulators, and women know their place.
Muslim Brotherhood.
Slappy, when you use memes from the 60s and 40s and pretend they apply now...it shows your abject ignorance. Even a quick Wikipedia review has more relevant data.
Muslim Brotherhood.


Mold

Anonymous said...

bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
Claiming to be objective about race while wearing Klan robes shows the weakness of your intellect...and honesty. I have more respect for US skinheads who are open about their feeling and beliefs.

Mold

mellaneous said...

The following is probably one of the most misleading and totally incorrect statements put out there by the interloper.

"My interests are expressed in terms of democracy, freedom and capitalism. Once those three principles are guiding a nation, everything else works out well enough."

Capitalism and democracy are not necessarily compatible. Capitalism doesn't really care about democracy.

As we are witnessing in Egypt dictatorships fit free market societies just fine. In fact they are even better because they limit the freedoms and rights of workers to get more of their fair share of what they actually produce. The bosses only boss,they don't produce anything.

Monarchy even works for them, check out Saudi Arabia. And they really don't have a problem with a government run by Islamic fundamentalist as long as they cooperate with the free market.

And the less freedom workers have to defend themselves against capitalist excesses the better.

That guy is an ideologue and I still think he is being paid to spread outright lies and capitalist propaganda about terrorism, immigration and race.

Ideas do count which is why that guy is not going away. Our enemies have figured out that folks were getting educated by blogs and other extra media sources, so they have taken to invading all of the black,liberal and progressive blogs. I have seen this all over the internet.

That guy has different names on other blogs, but this constant barrage of absolute lies is no coincidence.

Notice how they are personalizing their attacks, posting Steves work address and chasing Fields credentials.

Field disagrees, but these people are serious, which is why I continue to try to tackle their misinformation.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
Claiming to be objective about race while wearing Klan robes shows the weakness of your intellect...and honesty. I have more respect for US skinheads who are open about their feeling and beliefs.

Mold



Dude, you need some serious help quick. I know your only 11 years old. But you are seriously disturbed. Ask mommy to call those nice young men in their clean white coats to bring you to that happy place where they wash your superman underoos every time you befoul them and give you some of the nice white happy pills. Or you can ride your wittle wed tricycle with the nice white handgrips that granma gave you for Ka Wan Zaa and bring yourself over and save mommy some more heartache so mommy doesnt have to take any of those nice white pills.

Good luck, your gonna need it and I hope the white noise you hear in your head goes down in volume so you wont be so crazy.

mellaneous said...

Rev. Right do you realize how patronizing you sound and just how naive that you are.
He said:
"I've learned that there are some bright, well-educated black folks who are passionaltely committed to leftist politics and who don't really understand the American ideal. The are also some nut cases and hateful bigots, but that is the case everywhere.
The one thing that binds them all together is rigid adherance to to the "us vs. them" narrative that keeps people on the liberal plantation. Being a leftist necessitates being ever vigilant against letting inconvenient facts cast any doubt on one's cherished beliefs. It' also necessitates a good deal of hate directed at those who dissent from those orthodoxies.

My motivation to posting is that it is sad to see well-meaning, capable people tilting at windmills when a better life is just sitting there, waiting to be seized."

This is classic making the victimizer the victim talk. It is the backwards folks who run over facts and ignore them while making up their own.

In fact it is they who prevent good discussion on this blog, by introducing ideas that are pure propaganda and when they are exposed they still hold onto them ferverently. Which tells me that it is that are either not open-minded, bigoted,easily swayed by bourgeosie foolishness, dumb, or paid stooges.

We used to have pretty good discussions among even folks who disagreed who could even admit to their opponent that something they said, was indeed true.

But these new interlopers especially the one guided by bigotry never ever admit when they are wrong even when links are provided and real life definitions are introduced into the discussion and not made up ones.

And to suggest that black folks don't know what the American ideal is,is to suggest that either we are stupid or that maybe you are right it was about second-class citizenship for blacks, women and workers, because it was they who were given short shrift by the constitution.

If anyone is on a plantation it is you who doesn't have sense enough to know his enemies from his allies.

And in case you didn't know good Rev all working people are your allies even the black ones!

Anonymous said...

Capitalism and democracy are not necessarily compatible. Capitalism doesn't really care about democracy.

As we are witnessing in Egypt dictatorships fit free market societies just fine. In fact they are even better because they limit the freedoms and rights of workers to get more of their fair share of what they actually produce. The bosses only boss,they don't produce anything.


Mell, Sorry but you arent that bright are you?

You just described socialist/marxist economies and tried to say they are capitalist. Where the political bosses decide who gets what and how much. This is the utopia you are working towards.

Capitalism on the otherhand rewards you for what you create, develop, work, earn......So if you open a company, yes you reap the rewards of your hard work and intelligence and share this with those who arent so smart or creative yet provide a service by working for you. No one can take that away from you, unless you live in a progressive/marxist/paradise as you wish too. Then the underachievers and non producers are given handouts by the people in power with the scraps after they take from the producers, take their cut and provide you with some crumbs.

In your world, you don't have to create anything, yet you are entitled to everything someone else has done. That sound pretty satanic to me. I know god of every religion promotes hard work and reaping what you sow. Not reaping what others have sown.

The US is the only society in history that has provided for so many societal leech's, including international aid to useless countries whose citizens will never be able to produce such as Haiti, yet you say capitalism is not good and we should become a communistic marxist society. Really, can you tell me one country ever in history that was marxist/communist that has endured? Just one that gave you this train of thought?

Are you a protestent minister? Or do you belong to the church of karl Marx?

Mail In Rev. said...

But these new interlopers especially the one guided by bigotry never ever admit when they are wrong even when links are provided and real life definitions are introduced into the discussion and not made up ones.



You mean when you qoute pundits and other idealogues to support your view, yet wont face real world statistics and facts and proven histories, then others must be bigots .Is that it? Of course those who wont pander to you are hateful in your mind.

mellaneous said...

The little fella said:

"Regarding the Muslim Brotherhood:
Yeah. Okay. And Hamas, Hezbollah, al Qaeda, the Taliban, the KKK, the Bader Meinhoff gang, the Red Brigade, Nazis, Kamikazis, the Tonton Macoute, the Mau Maus, the bloods, the Crips, the Mafia --"

Ironically the Jewish fella left out his own crew the ZIONISTS!

And he shows his ignorance with these comparisons, the Mau Mau were actually freedom fighters who were called terrorists by the lying hypocritical land and people stealing British, who were murdering and raping and robing Kenya blind. The Mau Mau sought to fight back.

BTW there are lots of good books about it. In fact the Brits are embarrassed about the recent revelations about the torture and killing fields they established to try to prevent Kenyan independence.

But of course his bigotry won't let him differentiate, or learn the truth.

And the Mafia, bloods and Crips are just criminal gangs, unlike the Zionists and the others who sought to persecute only certain groups (Arabs)they were equal opportunity criminals.

mellaneous said...

"You just described socialist/marxist economies and tried to say they are capitalist. Where the political bosses decide who gets what and how much. This is the utopia you are working towards."

No I didn't you just employed the favorite right wing tactic of trying to turn the truth into a lie.

But really is this nut really suggesting that the political and economic bosses don't decide who gets what under our wonderful system?

Are you suggesting that the bosses don't decide who gets hired and who gets fired and how much most workers make?

Are you suggesting that workers set their own pay and we determine our own state and local taxes?

Come on man!

mellaneous said...

Anon above said:

"I know god of every religion promotes hard work and reaping what you sow. Not reaping what others have sown."

It's good that you supposedly understand religion because then you know its wrong for company's to walk away with sweeping profits, while some of their workers can barely afford to keep themselves afloat.

No it is you that has misread all religions. No religion suggests that it is right for the rich to exploit the poor, or for a boss to pay as little as he can to his workers because they can get away with it.

All religions promote sharing and the universal brotherhood and sisterhood of human beings, while also promoting the idea that you shouldn't do to your fellow human being what you don't want done to you.

You have finally exposed yourself as the religious faker that you are.

You are the one who uses the old trick of the oppressors;that is to use religion to cover up and justify your evil ideas and deeds.

It is you, not I that constantly defend that which is unjust in this world and ultimately evil.

Get thee behind me Satan!

field negro said...

"Notice how they are personalizing their attacks, posting Steves work address and chasing Fields credentials.

Field disagrees, but these people are serious, which is why I continue to try to tackle their misinformation"

Yes Mel. but you know, as well as I do, that this is nothing new. This is what happens when you are an uppity and opinionated n*&^r in A-merry-ca; you must be challenged and checked. :)

Thing is, if the poor guy would only use google or check with a couple of (Real) journalist his job would have been so much easier.

Anonymous said...

Ummm...Marxist and Socialist societies are those eveel nasty Scandanavian lands. But that would mean you had actually read Marx, instead of just beleeverating the tale of the hen and the loaf of bread. Odd how the hen is a worker...and not a boss or bankster or CEO. And even odder is that the government, who sets weights and purity standards, somehow takes from the working-class hen.
It is rather ludicrous that recent immigrants feel free to lecture AfAms on the American Dream...when some families pre-date the US...and were here when the Spanish ruled.
mell, you indeed correct. Those are fwee market economies...which is why there is turmoil.

Mold

mellaneous said...

Really, can you tell me one country ever in history that was marxist/communist that has endured? Just one that gave you this train of thought?

Of course you wouldn't be aware of the fact that any country that does not employ free market principle or is not capitalist is considered the enemy by the capitalists/imperialist. And so the imperialists do everything in their power to undermine those societies.

But the fact is there has only been one actual socialist society and that is Cuba. And the US has done all it can to undermine that society. They even helped the counter revolutionaries invade, well you know how that ended up.

But the US and its imperialist partners are still making it difficult for Cuba to trade by continuing the economic blockade.

And no the Soviet Union was not really communist or socialist it was totalitarian thus the term Stalinist. I know, I know you don't believe it. But fortunately facts in the real world don't depend on belief.

LACoincidental said...

mell, you're expecting these right wingers to give you straight, logical answers and not merely Glenn Beck-approved catchphrases and circular logic?

Brother mell, enjoy your family and the Sabbath. Don't let the wingnuts give you a headache.

Anonymous said...

bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!
bush did not impregnate Bristol Palin for either child!!!

He was not the genetic donor for either Bristol Palin child. He also did not accompany Rush Limbaugh on the men-only trip to the little-boy sex tourist haven of the Dominican Republic. Nor did bush supply the Viagra Rush Limbaugh took on his trip to a noted area for those who assault children. bush does hold hands and kisses Middle Eastern men quite frequently. bush managed to provide his family with children, no matter what his personal desires are. See, I can post that bush has positives.

MOld

Rev. Right said...

mellaneous said:
"And in case you didn't know good Rev all working people are your allies even the black ones!"

All Americans are my allies, regardless if they are black or white, or if they were born here or just got here. As long as you ascribe to the American ideal, I have your back.

America is a nation founded on ideas, not on blood or territory like every other nation. Tha basic idea that the government is of the people, rather than over the people, is unique among nations.

That ideals like "all men are created equal" has not always been met does not invalidate the ideal.

I have read your posts for a long time, and you come off a sincere person with an expansive intellect, yet you are wrong about capitalism and I think you are informed by a distorted historical perspective. You sometimes confuse economic systems with political systems. You cannot have the personal freedoms reserved as the rights of Americans and have a socialist economic system. It's one or the other. I'll stick with the one that has brought the greatest prosperity to greatest number.

Anonymous said...

LAC, wingnut daffynitions
intelligent-agreeing with my fantasies
logic-accepting my fallacies
truth-given by gawd..or FOX
Lies-Fact-based,rational data

Mold

Anonymous said...

Wonder what freedoms are reduced in a Socialist society? Ownership of people? Removal of wages? Reduction in living standards? Compensatory guns?

One has to assume that others are parasites and only your particular set is productive.

Like to see those daffynitions

Mold

uptownsteve said...

Anonymous

"please also share this with Obama so he can get the fuck off our tits and stop trying to get more entitlements for the equal Black race."

Like what?

"Cut all those programs that aren't necessary and just part of supporting the lying myth, like affirmative action etc."

And the government promoted AA program is?

I'll wait patiently for your reasoned and detailed response.

Zing said...

'Land of the free...home of the brave.'

The Tea Party-Republicans can change both the tune and the lyrics of our national anthem in Arizona with a push to delegitimize the birth of some of its citizens, but a 16 year old black girl who gives her rendition of the national anthem must be elevated to that of a national disgrace to satisfy the racial bloodlust of a nation of 'sunshine patriots.'

Disgusting, but American to the core. Where's a comparable outrage?

Anonymous said...

Maria, "go fuck yourself. we're done listening to your crap."

FN black posters with low self-esteem cannont ignore no_slappz. They are forced to defend themselves because deep down inside, he touches the core of their being.

Only a few Blacks who love themselves are unmoved by his comments. It's clear who they are...because they don't respond to no_slappz. But the majority can't help themselves, they find themselves enmeshed with no_slappz's insulting truths, which they are struggling to deny.lol

Rev. Right said...

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither. The society puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

Milton Friedman vs. Frances Fox Piven.

uptownsteve said...

anonymous

"FN black posters with low self-esteem cannont ignore no_slappz. They are forced to defend themselves because deep down inside, he touches the core of their being."

Slappy is the "wack-a-mole" of the FN blog.

He, like FP, comes here to vent his personal frustrations and resentments in a sad attempt to make sense of an unhappy life.

Jim said...

From the reaction of the people in that video, they seemed to like it just fine.

What else matters?

maria said...

Anonymous said...
Maria, "go fuck yourself. we're done listening to your crap."

FN black posters with low self-esteem cannont ignore no_slappz. They are forced to defend themselves because deep down inside, he touches the core of their being.

Only a few Blacks who love themselves are unmoved by his comments. It's clear who they are...because they don't respond to no_slappz. But the majority can't help themselves, they find themselves enmeshed with no_slappz's insulting truths, which they are struggling to deny.lol

6:46 PM
interesting false conclusion because i'm not black.

no_slappz said...

melleaneous, you wrote:

But the fact is there has only been one actual socialist society and that is Cuba.

And what a failure it's been. Or have you not noticed?

I support ending the embargo. Obama likes things pretty much the way they are.

And the US has done all it can to undermine that society. They even helped the counter revolutionaries invade, well you know how that ended up.

Yeah. Everybody's favorite Democrat -- John Kennedy -- backed the Bay of Pigs invasion, which was as successful as Jimmy Carter's attempt to rescue the US hostages in Iran.

Here's a question for you nitwits who think it's the US embargo that keeping Cuba down:

Underneath the Gulf of Mexico is a massive quantity of oil and gas. The US pulls a significant portion of daily production from this body of water -- outside our territorial limits.

How much oil does Cuba extract from the Gulf? Roughly ZERO barrels per day.

Why?

Cuba has no commerical fishing industry. Care to guess why?

Hint. The thought of Cubans in fully gassed-up boats gives Fidel the willies.

Cuba's chief agricultural crop is sugar. But nobody's buying. Sugar prices are low, low, low.

Meanwhile, Cuba has no oil, and no refineries and no gasoline or diesel fuel. But it needs fuel, and it has sugar. This state of affairs raises a question.

Why has Cuba failed to build an ethanol industry? Brazil did it.

Cuba is an economic disaster because Fidel believes in lunatic economic principles AND he and his brother spend every dime necessary to maintain their dictatorship.

Frankly, a democratic, free, capitalistic Cuba would be a great development in the Caribbean/Gulf region. But the other islands would take a terrible hit if Cuba were wide open to Americans and US investment.

Cuba is about 850 miles long and has a population of about 12 million. But as long as the Castro kooks are in charge, it will remain an impoverished backwater.

RiPPa said...

Hey Field, Obama won Indiana in 2008; were post-racial now; move along, nothing to see here.

Shout out to my fellow Hoosiers!

no_slappz said...

mellaneous, you wrote:

And no the Soviet Union was not really communist or socialist it was totalitarian thus the term Stalinist.

Hmmm...Okay, even though the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics followed the Marxist model, the USSR was not a socialist or marxist state. All its Central Planning and Five-year Plans were representative of some other economic model.

You have the problem of not knowing the difference between the political structure and the economic model on which an economy operates.

Singapore is a dictatorship. However, Dictator Yew is happy that he is the top dog in a land of such eager beavers. He does not fear the power of those who make large sums of money. He embraces them and he maintains the platform from which they prosper.

You wrote:
I know, I know you don't believe it. But fortunately facts in the real world don't depend on belief.

How about giving a shot to explaining China? Based on your sense of what's what, China must be...hmmm....must be...must be...what?

Ernesto said...

"Cuba is about 850 miles long and has a population of about 12 million. But as long as the Castro kooks are in charge, it will remain an impoverished backwater."

With better healthcare than the United States. And a more representative democracy than our very own oligarchy, where well-connected financial institutions are too big to fail but the rest of us are shit out of luck.

no_slappz said...

mold writes:

Ummm...Marxist and Socialist societies are those eveel nasty Scandanavian lands...,

Like Norway. Norway has rights to a large section of the North Sea and all the oil that lies below.

Of the oil it pumps from the North Sea, about 10% is enough to power the doemstic Norwegian economy. The other 90% is sold on the international oil market.

Saudi Arabia, Iran and Kuwait, to name three, are also net exporters of large amounts of oil, and those exports account for almost all their capital inflows.

Norway's a great country. The others are awful. More amazing is the fact that most Saudis and almost all Iranians are poor. The Saudi royal family claims most of the Saudi oil money. Who knows where the oil money goes in Iran.

Meanwhile, native Kuwaitis, like Native Alaskans, are alloted a big share of the oil revenue derived from oil pumped in their territories.

Kuwait is still awful, and many Kuwaitis live outside the sunbaked nation.

Meanwhiole, Nigeria should be like Norway. It's got plenty of oil for export, which means it should have the money to finance the development of an advanced society -- like Norway.

But Nigeria is a dump and getting worse. Islam is a growing force in Nigeria, and before long Islam will destroy Nigeria.

Sweden is under pressure to cut back on its socialist generosity. Have you notced Saab lately?

Swedes are smart. They'll be fine. But the country was able to do its socialist dance only because it is small -- less than 10 million people -- and therefore able to coast along skimming business off the European nations.

Anonymous said...

"interesting false conclusion because i'm not black."

You are so dumb.

Ernesto said...

"You have the problem of not knowing the difference between the political structure and the economic model on which an economy operates."

Pot meet kettle. All your supply side drivel is hogwash, since what we have here in the U.S. is heavily subsidized, read SOCIALIZED capitalism. Notice how the government has to intervene to save the free market from itself? Unregulated capitalism is a disaster. It produces wealth for about 1 percent of the population and misery for everone else. Any advancements for workers in this country have come against the barrel of national guard guns, and that is historical fact.

Now in the era of globalization, our wonderful corporate cheiftains are shipping every living wage job they can overseas, even if their companies are profitable. Because they want to make MORE profit, which is the only rule they live by. Goodbye middle class, thanks to fools like you that vote against their own economic self-interest (I am guessing you make less than 500k/year?)

no_slappz said...

ernesto, you wrote

With better healthcare than the United States.

You and the other morons who watched Michael Moore's movie are the only people who believe this myth.

And a more representative democracy than our very own oligarchy, where well-connected financial institutions are too big to fail but the rest of us are shit out of luck.

Oh. I was wondering how Fidel managed to get repeatedly re-elected with 99% of the vote until one of those great Cuban doctors botched Fidel's abominal surgery, forcing him to perform the democratic act of naming his brother to replace him.

The Cuban medical system is equal to the Cuban energy industry and equal to the Cuban fishing industry.

no_slappz said...

ernesto, you wrote:

It produces wealth for about 1 percent of the population and misery for everone else.

You've described life in an Islamic theocracy with oil.

Anyway, give me the name of a country that fulfills your idea of what a government and economy should be.

no_slappz said...

ernesto, you wrote:

Any advancements for workers in this country have come against the barrel of national guard guns, and that is historical fact.

Yeah, nothing but guns and armed national guardsmen outside Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Boeing, Walmart, Target, General Electric, Merck, Pfizer, IBM, etc.

YOu, like your fellow travelers, know nothing about economics. You've heard a couple of anecdotes from the distant past, and fall into the standard black trap of claiming there's no way to leave the past behind.

Anonymous said...

Ernesto said...
"Cuba is about 850 miles long and has a population of about 12 million. But as long as the Castro kooks are in charge, it will remain an impoverished backwater."

With better healthcare than the United States. And a more representative democracy than our very own oligarchy, where well-connected financial institutions are too big to fail but the rest of us are shit out of luck.


HA-HA-HA-HA-HA better health care then the US. Leftards are just so, so childlike in their cognitive abilities.

Cuba is the ideal location to show you how communistic thinking like those proposed by useful idiot progressives like you and Captain Melanoma.

Health Care in Cuba is overall horrible. However it is certainly medical apartheid. With foreigners with money and communist elites able to afford a fully medicinally stocked hospital just one La Pradeira(albeit not even close to US standards)

Do you call these items that are availible to all cubans except the elite leaders and foreigners who can pay , superior?

In common with other buildings in Cuba hospitals are falling apart.
Surgeons lack basic supplies and reuse items such as latex gloves.
Patients must buy their own sutures on the black market and bring their own bedsheets and food if they are admitted.
Antibiotics are even more valuable then other drugs and can only be bought on the black market.

Here watch the video yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUSdYY243pk

Zing said...

Ernesto said...'Now in the era of globalization, our wonderful corporate cheiftains are shipping every living wage job they can overseas, even if their companies are profitable. Because they want to make MORE profit, which is the only rule they live by. Goodbye middle class, thanks to fools like you that vote against their own economic self-interest (I am guessing you make less than 500k/year?)'

Well said, Ernesto. All too often, a fool and his money is soon departed, but a fool and his ignorance, rarely.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ernesto

Here see the real Cuban State of healthcare as secretly filmed by cuban doctors. Now what do you say to your progressive buddy Michael moore for lying to you and you being stupid enough to beleive it. I assume your parents or somewhere in your lineage someone remembers healthcare in latin america. Ask them about it and grow up. I know, I know, you are already standing.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4LeXc3yTE&feature=related

Anonymous said...

Of course you wouldn't be aware of the fact that any country that does not employ free market principle or is not capitalist is considered the enemy by the capitalists/imperialist. And so the imperialists do everything in their power to undermine those societies.



Oh, got ya. Its not the countries policies and resource management that made them broke and hungry and literally murder its citizens. It is as always, someone elses fault. Ahhhh, one has to wonder if even you truly believe what you say as you are spouting the nonsense.

I think I want to become a tax exempt government funded mail order minister to.

I am going to join the church of Universal life. Where the holy trinity is Freedom, food and Sexuality. I think that means you are free to eat and fuck as much as your donations and US taxpayer funded contributions allow.

This, cause thinking sure as hell isnt a prerequisite

Anonymous said...

Oh Captain Melonoma, forgot the link. Is this your church?

http://www.chiprowe.com/articles/univ.html

Get thee behind me CON MAN.

Ernesto said...

(Reuters) - Nearly 45,000 people die in the United States each year -- one every 12 minutes -- in large part because they lack health insurance and can not get good care, Harvard Medical School researchers found in an analysis released on Thursday.

"We're losing more Americans every day because of inaction ... than drunk driving and homicide combined," Dr. David Himmelstein, a co-author of the study and an associate professor of medicine at Harvard, said in an interview with Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/09/17/us-usa-healthcare-deaths-idUSTRE58G6W520090917

You fools should be ashamed of yourselves. Except your kind have no shame.

Ernesto said...

http://www.photius.com/rankings/healthranks.html

OK, I was wrong, Cuba does not have better healthcare. They rank 39th in the world. And the great United States, the richest country on earth ranks....wait for it...37th!!

And a large chunk of people can't even have access to it!!

I am willing to bet all of you wingnuts are one major medical issue away from bankruptcy. Yet you are willing to defend the system to death (literally).

How's that capitalism thing working out for you?

Rev. Right said...

Ernesto saud..."since what we have here in the U.S. is heavily subsidized, read SOCIALIZED capitalism. Notice how the government has to intervene to save the free market from itself? Unregulated capitalism is a disaster."

You contradict yourself in the space of one sentence. The government had to intervene to save a DISTORTED (ie "socialized") market, distorted by government policies. We don't have anything close to "unregulated capitalism".

That's a strawman argument anyway, as no one is arguing for gangster capitalism.

Planned economies always result in an impovershed populace (see Cuba).

Only a fool would buy the "Cuban healthcare" myth. Cuba is a miserable place, with miserable healthcare.

Anonymous said...

Ernesto,
Its sad but indicative of your progressive indoctrination that you are a mere babe in the woods. You have got to learn more about the world then presented to you by Rachel Maddow and the like. The report you were indoctrinated with is from 2000 and it was found to be so delusional and biased it hasnt been produced since.

Did you ever wonder why of all places in the world, people fly in to avail themselves of the best medicine the world has to offer or why 90% of any drug was invented in the US or why every advanced technique, procedure and so on is taught to people who literally give away their lives for the chance to come and study medicine in the US?

The quality of health care in America is ranked lower than 36 other countries."

When you hear this, always ask, "Ranked by whom and how?" In 2000 United Nations bureaucrats at the World Health Organization sent a survey to "officials and experts" selected by the U.N. Why should we be surprised to learn that government "officials and experts" in France thought that their government-run health care system was the best in the world? The scoring of these surveys also made them meaningless. For example, 25 percent of the scoring was weighted based on the assessment of how "fair" the financing was in each country. For "fair," read socialist—the list was largely a ranking of how socialist each country's system is.

Overall, the WHO rankings’ mathematical formulations serve only to distract attention from the authors’ underlying distaste for individual choice in health care. The report largely ignores the extraordinary benefits the American marketplace brings to health care worldwide, such as new drugs, advanced diagnostic instruments such as MRIs and CAT scans, and lifesaving therapies for cancer and heart-disease patients. Under a WHO-style health care system, lifesaving research and innovation would be stifled and individual choice would be discarded in favor of collective control. Bureaucrats would decide who receives care — and who does not — on the basis of statistical tallies that devalue the lives of the elderly, the disabled and the chronically ill.

Whos Fooling Who...

http://www.cato.org/pubs/bp/bp101.pdf

Ernesto said...

We don't have anything close to "unregulated capitalism".

And for that we should all be thankful. The reason why the economy tanked recently was because of the repeal of regulations not because of the enactment of regulations. You free market loons got your wish and voila! the magic of the marketplace resulted in another boom and bust cycle that almost took down the whole show.

As for the superiority of the U.S. vs Cuba...go argue with the World Health Organization. We're Number 37!! We're Number 37!! because the wingnuts don't want socialized medicine. Guess what, thanks to Obama you can stay on your parents' health care til you turn 26. Will you be moving out of their attic by then?

PilotX said...

Wow, Rev. Right didn't know there was a Black national anthem but yet feels enlightened enough to regularly comment on Black issues. SMDH, the search for intelligent life continues. Irony is lost on conservatives.

Desertflower said...

I think Shai Warfield-Cross did wonderful! I used to love to sing that song also at school. What a shame that there a people that would knock down a childs heartfelt efforts! How indecent of them! Shame on them forever!

Anonymous said...

I don't know why she would want to sing that bullshit anyway

Rev. Right said...

@PilotX: Um, what exactly have I commmented on that is considered strictly a "black" issue?

SickupandFed said...

Hey slaphappy, when they start paying that young lady then they can dictate.

Smell that? It's your ass, hole.

And to the invisible one, anon, the day you reveal yourself is the day anyone takes anything you say halfway seriously.

lmao at both of you