You will excuse me if I am a little down right about now. I just watched my Iggles choke once again in an NFC Championship game to the stinking Cardinals. THE CARDINALS! A team that is right there with the Detroit Lions when it comes to being inept.
The coronation of his O ness aside, it's all pretty much gloom and doom right now in A-merry-ca. The economy is in the tank, we are in the middle of two wars, and once again, the Iggles won't be in the Super Bowl. I sure hope that they have the bridge police in full force on the Ben Franklin, because there are quite a few Philadelphians on suicide watch right about now.
But, as is always the case, it could be worse. And I actually think that there might be some good things to look forward to this coming year. S0 for this post I have compiled 30 things that I think you and I can look forward to in the year ahead. (I stole this idea from my latest issue of GQ Magazine)
1. The prosecution of Dick Cheney for war crimes.
2. More cute pics of those two little girls who now occupy the White House.
3. The upcoming flick about Che Guevara by Steven Soderbergh.
4. The next Jill Nelson book.
5. Smaller cars.
6. Real middle class tax cuts.
7. A unhinged FOX NEWS division.
8. LeBron and Kobe battle in the NBA finals.
9. More blogs less newspapers.
10. Denzel Washington, Don Cheadle. Forrest Whitaker, and Robert De NeNiro still making movies.
11. Fast food meals for less than $4.
12. Checking out what Michelle is wearing.
13. The Eagles finally making some off season moves.
14. Tiger is back.
15. Prince and Dr. Dre are dropping new albums.
16. Less reality shows on T.V.
17. Better public schools. (It can't get any worse)
18. Less conservative Judges. ( I am sure his O ness will get that right)
19. TV One keeps getting better.
20. Whenever we hear "Hail To The Chief" we will see a black man.
21. The next HBO series.
22. My cousins becoming more responsible because we can't make our President look bad.
23. More entrepreneurship.
24. More respect for A-merry-ca from the rest of the world.
25. A-merry-cans will be buying less things on credit.
26. It's a good time to dust up the old passort and do some serious traveling.
27. Speaking of traveling, gas prices should continue to go down.
28. There are still great Jamaican restaurants on the East Coast.
29. Chris' Jazz Cafe is still going strong here in Philly.
30. And last but certainly not least, this might be the year that I finally get a chance to meet Lark. (Stop laughing, if a black man can become POTUS, I can meet Lark Voorhies.)
Continue to enjoy your five day weekend black A-merry-ca.