What's with all the mass shootings in America?
It seems like every day there is another one.
New Mexico; Utah; Indiana. Oh, and let's not forget Florida; there is always some craziness jumping off in Florida.
And we shoot each other everywhere: In the mall; in school; in church; the movie theater; the barber shop; the grocery store..... Heck if you are a beautiful little five year old girl , just minding your business in your own home, you can lose your life. Whatever happened to just shooting up the crack corner ?
I thought we were a "God fearing" nation.
Of course it all doesn't matter anymore. Hearing about all the latest killings is like getting the scores from the NBA and NHL games the night before. A little interest but not much. I am safe and sound in my little part of the world, so it does not matter to me. This is until, of course, some random act of violence comes your way.
"Not me Field. I will be ready for em. I have something in my home stashed away and I can use it. If they know what's good for them they better not try to come my way."
I hear ya Dirty Harry, and I bet this poor woman felt the same way.
Anyway, I prepared a little list for you:
"12/1/13 Topeka Kan. Shooting Family killing 4
11/23/13 Tulsa Okla. Shooting Other 4
11/7/13 Jacksonville Fla. Shooting Other 4
10/29/13 Callison S.C. Shooting Family killing 5
10/28/13 Terrell Texas Shooting Other 5
10/26/13 Phoenix Ariz. Shooting Other 4
10/26/13 New York N.Y. Stabbing Family killing 5
10/9/13 Paris Texas Shooting Other 4
9/20/13 Rice Texas Shooting Family killing 4
9/16/13 Washington D.C. Shooting Public Killing 12
9/11/13 Crab Orchard Tenn. Shooting Robbery/burglary 4
8/14/13 Oklahoma City Okla. Shooting Family killing 4
8/7/13 Dallas Texas Shooting Family killing 4
7/26/13 Clarksburg W.Va. Shooting Other 4
7/26/13 Hialeah Fla. Shooting Public Killing 6
6/7/13 Santa Monica Calif. Shooting Public Killing 5
5/13/13 Fernley Nev. Shooting, Stabbing Robbery/burglary 5
5/11/13 Waynesville Ind. Shooting Other 4
4/28/13 Ottawa Kan. Shooting Family killing 4
4/24/13 Manchester Ill. Shooting Family killing 5
4/22/13 Federal Way Wash. Shooting Family killing 4
4/18/13 Akron Ohio Shooting Robbery/burglary 4
4/15/13 Boston Mass. Blunt force Public Killing 4
3/13/13 Herkimer N.Y. Shooting Public Killing 4
1/19/13 Albuquerque N.M. Shooting Family killing 5
1/7/13 Tulsa Okla. Shooting Robbery/burglary 4"
Finally, someone shot me an e-mail, and wanted to know how he can tell if he is a racist.
He seemed sincere, so I will give him six signs that should clue him in to his inner David Duke.
1. If you find yourself having to constantly explain why you are not a racist, well then you might be a racist.
2. If you always use the NBA analogy to argue against affirmative action, you might be a racist.
3. If you are in denial about slavery in our history and like to claim that your ancestors didn't own slaves, you might be a racist.
4. If you find yourself feeling anxious when there is a large group of black people, even if it's a bunch of old church people, you might be a racist.
5. If you know where every black person in your neighborhood (town) lives, you might be a racist.
6. If you just can't find yourself being attracted to Nia Long and you don't know why, you just might be a racist.
There are more. But work on these six things and let me knows how it goes.
If you got six out of six you might want to lose my e-mail address.