Tuesday, January 25, 2011

"Civility costs nothing", except a good blog post.


I was going to post a little earlier, but I wanted to make sure I heard Michele Bachmann and the Tea Party response to the State of the Union address, first. (Let the battle of the heart and soul of the republi-clown party begin.) It was so bad that FOX didn't carry it. Those folks over at FOX are really smart, they must have known that she would make their side look bad. Thankfully CNN had no such issues.

Anyway, on to his O ness: The speech, for the most part, was good. I wish he had the courage to talk about gun control, but I have come to expect less not more from O. All the kumbaya stuff was a bit much as well. (Where is Joe Wilson when you need him?) Folks sitting together like that sucked the life out of the room. I don't know about the rest of you; but I want my politics to be like my bedroom activities:lively. Tonight was more like a Sunday morning service. And I am talking Catholic service not Southern Baptist.

But I get it. One of their colleagues is still fighting to get her life -as she once knew it- back, and the nation is still mourning over Arizona. The spirit and the tone of the speech reflected that reality. To his credit, O seemed to be trying to stick to that theme of civility and corporation, and the republi-clowns, for the most part, were playing along.

I am glad he can do it, because I sure as hell can't. But hey, great leaders have to rise above partisanship. In order to accomplish anything politically in A-merry-ca you have to work with those who oppose you ideologically. This is one of the true paradoxes of the A-merry-can political system, and it holds true time and time again.

"We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.
That, too, is what sets us apart as a nation.

Now, by itself, this simple recognition won't usher in a new era of cooperation. What comes of this moment is up to us. What comes of this moment will be determined not by whether we can sit together tonight, but whether we can work together tomorrow.

I believe we can. I believe we must. That's what the people who sent us here expect of us. With their votes, they've determined that governing will now be a shared responsibility between parties. New laws will only pass with support from Democrats and Republicans. We will move forward together, or not at all - for the challenges we face are bigger than party, and bigger than politics. "

Whenever I listen to O I think of that quote by Friedrich Schiller: "Every true genius is bound to be naive".



91 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Field, Chris Matthews MSNBC said President will be speaking about gun control separately soon. Didn't want to bring it up at SOTU because media would have focused on that and not his economic message. We'll see!!!!

Sophia said...

Really good post, Field. And, Amen.

Rev. Right said...

"Every true genius is bound to be naive".

I'll agree wirth you there Field, except that Obama is no genius.

If the democrats all of the sudden want to act civily, great, but the time for compromise is long past. It is time to roll back the excesses of the past four years and put this country back on track.


Paul Ryan 2012.

kid said...

What's up Field,I was about to give you the same message about the President giving a special speech on guns soon.

Now about the speech, well he's going to let the Republicans get their way in the candy store for just two more years. After that he can say well I worked with them and you see what happened. When those Tea Baggers wake up finding out that they will get screwed out of some programs for two years,they will give him a second term.

The Tea Party is so much of a threat to the national security of the United States that they have to make them sit next to a Democrat at the SOTU so that they won't look too bias.Two SOTU replies from the Republicans makes them look bad and Bachmann look nutty.

LACoincidental said...


If the democrats all of the sudden want to act civilly, great, but the time for compromise is long past. It is time to roll back the excesses of the past four years and put this country back on track.


Paul Ryan 2012.

Rev Right -
Paul Ryan wants to privatize social security and medicare - an idea so bad, so toxic and so costly, that even the GOP didn't want to back. Bush floated that idea and it sank like rock in the Potomac. The only people who would cheer this bull is the Insurance Industry and Wall Street.

And, like so many other Republicans, Ryan is for increases in military spending. That's not some lefty diatribe, that's directly from the American Enterprise Institute. For the uninitiated, the military industrial complex is the biggest drain on our discretionary budget. So, to 'save money', Paul Ryan is cutting back on ice cream while trying to score more crack.

So, like most Republicans - Paul Ryan is little more than crony and a hack.

Hope that clear things up for you, good Rev.

PilotX said...

I liked most of the speech right up until the part about tort reform. i would have made a similar speech because he pulled on all my heartstrings; education, clean energy and an emphasis on the safety net for those most vulnerable. But back to tort reform, if there is national tort reform (thought tea baggers were against Washington interfering in local issues but I digress) do we really believe the insurance companies would lower their rates on doctors? How'd that work out in Missouri? What's the definition of insanity?

Shady_Grady said...

It was a good speech. He's a good talker. Effectively he's what used to be called a Rockefeller Republican. Today's Republicans don't see that because they've done a redshift to the Far Right.

As far as gun control goes that train has left the station. There's only a few changes at the margins that are politically or legally possible. Loughner might have been crazy as a bedbug but as he hadn't been legally adjudicated so, there was no way to stop him from purchasing a gun.

Bachmann is also out there in loony land. It's funny to hear her speak and realize she actually believes what she says.

field negro said...

Shady, I knew you would drop your 2 cents on the gun control thing. :) But that's why I love you; you are conssistent with your beliefs.I don't agree with you on this issue, but we can agree to disagree. See, I can be civil. :)

Wait, Rev. Right just tool me back to my old me.

"If the democrats all of the sudden want to act civily, great, but the time for compromise is long past.."

OK, well no compromise! Bring it on.

Sup Kid?

Sophia, I will wait on that speech.

maria said...

i thought roland martin was right when he said obama didn't talk about the poor, and should have. i think the "american dream" bullshit has never been an option for most minorities due to lack of opportunities and racism so everytime i hear that line i really want to puke. and with the recession and unemployment so high, all people despite their education also can't get jobs.

i always hate that rah, rah, we americans are so great, god blesses us above everyone else, we're the center of the universe BS. hate it.

i do admit i fell asleep in the middle of it, tho!

field, i do agree with you on liking the liveliness of the usual SOTU speech. i enjoy listening to live recordings of the british parliament on cspan radio. since this speech is all gas-bagging anyway, it's better to have the live theatre aspect playing out around it.

the speech during which the guy yelled YOU LIE, btw, was not a SOTU, it was a special address on healthcare reform to a joint session of congress.

he'll get to guns.

Jazzy said...

This post somehow managed to be simultaneously cynical, naive and fluffy. You should be Obama's next speechwriter - or not.

Rev. Right said...

"A well regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed"

You statists cannot disarm the citizenry legally unless you ammend the Constitution. There is a process for that. Any attempt to subvert that process is unconstittuional.

So either forget about gun control or drop all pretense and call for the suspension of the Constitution, dissolution of the United States, and establishment of a totalitarian, collectivist state where power no longer rests ultimately with the people but with the government.

And then bring it.

Anonymous said...

LACoincidental said...

If the democrats all of the sudden want to act civilly, great, but the time for compromise is long past. It is time to roll back the excesses of the past four years and put this country back on track.


Paul Ryan 2012.
Rev Right -
Paul Ryan wants to privatize social security and medicare - an idea so bad, so toxic and so costly, that even the GOP didn't want to back. Bush floated that idea and it sank like rock in the Potomac. The only people who would cheer this bull is the Insurance Industry and Wall Street.

And, like so many other Republicans, Ryan is for increases in military spending. That's not some lefty diatribe, that's directly from the American Enterprise Institute. For the uninitiated, the military industrial complex is the biggest drain on our discretionary budget. So, to 'save money', Paul Ryan is cutting back on ice cream while trying to score more crack.

So, like most Republicans - Paul Ryan is little more than crony and a hack.

Hope that clear things up for you, good Rev.



So you say what you don't like, name call like a petulant child and then go away expecting the adults to handle it somehow to your satisfaction.

What should be done? Bottom line is we are broke, can't borrow anymore and yet in adult land still need to have a military force that is at least a deterrent. The big kids on the block don't have the same view of the world you do, they won't play nice unless they must.

So what are your solutions? Obviously the credit card is tapped out as Obama has been indulging in ice cream gluttony over the last two years and the adults see that when the rent isnt paid the landlord is going to kick us out so whats the point of filling the freezer with ice cream when you wont have a place to live.

If only life were Utopia and no one had to plan, save, work hard and be accountable and could just go shopping and shopping and shopping. Then we could live like, well children.

alicia banks said...

hey fn:

where was the beef?????
jobs?
food programs?
saving teachers/schools?
helping states?
real ends of wars even in iraq??

where??????

ie

wtf has hobama done for any poor little girl who is black/any race in any state or city in america??????

wtf has he done for the "mongrels"???????

stay tuned!!!!!!!
http://aliciabanks.xanga.com

alicia banks said...

hey mareally always asleep anyway:

hobama will never "get to" guns or anything else as fast as he gets to banksters and corp sharks...bet!!!

alicia banks said...

kid:

ditto

and that was hobama inc's plan since day 1 of their hoax which officially began app 2007...

there is one party and one agenda

and mongrels will not be saved or shown any mercy from hobama ever



Yette also pointed out the fact that Black elected leadership means nothing in the face of a system whose choice has been made regarding Black people. He said these officials are “powerless” but that the “fault” was not with them but “the system” itself. Even they knew, he said, that their elections were false hope that inspired an equally false “confidence” in the political system. But ultimately Yette was clear, the nation had made a choice and it was one that threatens the long-term survival of Black people. And before we are too quick to run off to find solace in the heavily promulgated images of Black success, let us remember what legal scholar and professor Derrick Bell said not too long ago. He equated the nation’s public policies as having the equivalent impact of weekly, random selections of Black people who would be taken to a “secluded place and shot.” Black suffering and the permanent, worsening conditions we face are not an accident of fate or the result of uncorrectable patterns of Black behavior. No, they are intentional. They are national policy.

The nation has made its choice. We, however, seem to have also made ours. Our willingness to not break with convention, to not assume our own agenda and to advocate and implement our own alternatives theoretically, practically and with some degree of unison has resulted in our choice being to go along and hope for a brighter day. Let us heed the warning in his death that we did not during his life. The Choice Samuel Yette wrote of was theirs, but now must become ours.

http://blackagendareport.com/?q=content/samuel-yette-and-choice-black-survival-united-states

alicia banks said...

wtf did that blackish mf hobama say to anyone who is poor in america????


The First Black President had nothing new or promising of substance to offer anyone who is not rich, just repackaged items from his dismally disappointing past. No dollar signs to give meaning to the president’s mystical and misleading rhetoric on jobs, which will somehow be made to appear through a uniquely American process of “innovation” and “self-invention” inaccessible to lesser peoples. This aspect of exceptionalism will out-“green” China and overtake South Korean Internet speeds, without costing the Treasury an extra dime. “Thousands” of jobs will result, to take the place of the hundreds of thousands that will be lost in the public sector, alone, as government implodes at all levels.

By bringing down the corporate tax rate – a substantive promise from Obama that only the wealthy can truly appreciate – additional profits will accrue to companies that have already hoarded over two trillion dollars, but who were doubtless awaiting Obama’s coded signal, “Sputnik,” before investing in productive, job-producing enterprises. These investments might also be delayed until Obama has, as promised on Tuesday night, reorganized the federal government to the Republicans’ satisfaction, and purged offensive regulations from the public sphere.

Funny, how Obama seems so much more in his element in the wake of the November defeat than when Democrats controlled both Houses of Congress. Half of Obama’s Blue Dog friends have been replaced by Republicans, but the president seems even happier among the new guys, as if he’s finally within reach of the grand, “bi-partisan consensus” that is the ideal state of being in a post-everything America

http://blackagendareport.com/?q=content/obamagop-consensus

alicia banks said...

mareally frozen by jungle fever:

i bet hobama will never "get to" freezing anything for the rich!!!

He didn’t. In announcing a five-year freeze on domestic spending, Obama enters a new phase of aggressive – rather than furtive – collaboration with the GOP. To ensure that catastrophe cannot be avoided for the tens of millions battered and set adrift by the two (lesser and greater) recessions of the 21st century, Obama will join with Republicans to prevent the domestic arms of government from coming to the people’s aid, by freezing finances. With whole communities in a state of economic dislocation, Obama burns the rescue boats and poisons the water, all the while promising that the necessary budgetary savings will not be achieved “on the backs of our most vulnerable citizens” – as if Wall Street’s bankers will shield the helpless with their well-bonused bodies.

uptownsteve said...

It's called "triangulation" folks.

Obama and the Dems just got their asses handed to them in the Nov 10 elections and he can hardly start talking like Sargent Shriver now.

"I always hate that rah, rah, we americans are so great, god blesses us above everyone else, we're the center of the universe BS. hate it."

That's what conservative white folks want to hear.

Criticism and attacks are for Muslims, immigrants and blacks.

White folks want to hear how great they are.

The perversity of it is that it will probably get Obama reelected.

His finest moment, getting universal healthcare passed, is what caused him to lose the House.

no_slappz said...

field, you quoted:

Whenever I listen to O I think of that quote by Friedrich Schiller: "Every true genius is bound to be naive".

Your problem arises from the fact that being naive, as the president is in so many ways, is not an indication of genius.

The president's naivete, like the naviete of 99.9999999% of the population is nothing more than proof of the obvious -- he's astonishingly average in almost every way.

His State of the Union address was as bland as speeches get and was crumbling under the weight of its endless string of tired cliches.

Nothing new under the Obama sun. That's what we heard.

He's still the same old ideologue who believes that spending more money on programs, policies and practices that have yet to change anything is the way to go.

If you were unable to grasp the subtext, I'll let you in on it. He said he wants every state government employee to get a raise (teachers got top billing), he wants to spend lots more on green technologies that in practice save no money and change nothing with respect to energy itself.

He said -- with a straight face -- that he wants America to become a nation with 1 million electric cars (I suppose hybrids are included) on the road by 2015. But he forgot to mention that there are now, today, 250 million gasoline powered cars on the road. Get it? In the energy picture, one million cars using a little electricity means Nothing.

In case you did not know, Obama's budget plans call for a Budget Deficit of $1.5 TRILLION.

Thus, after comparing his crazy talk with his crazy actions, he's beginning to look like a schizophrenic.

alicia banks said...

mareally edited via snoring:

did u happen to doze off before hobama hinted at his plans to destroy medicaid and medicare...as i told u so days ago!!!!

hobama's teleprompter said:

This means further reducing health care costs, including programs like Medicare and Medicaid, which are the single biggest contributor to our long-term deficit. The health insurance law we passed last year will slow these rising costs, which is part of the reason that nonpartisan economists have said that repealing the health care law would add a quarter of a trillion dollars to our deficit. Still, I'm willing to look at other ideas to bring down costs, including one that Republicans suggested last year -- medical malpractice reform to rein in frivolous lawsuits. (Applause.)



http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/25/obama-state-of-the-union-_1_n_813478.html

Anonymous said...

President Barak Hoover? Hoover did just what the Austerians (Rs of the time) wanted. After all, the people who counted were doing fine. Similar real unemployment. Similar deference to the 'deserving rich'. Similar disdain for those who made things. Similar advisers. Before we have another Depression, I'll tax the rich until they have to get jobs. The pain is real...and it didn't go away.

Paul Ryan? Just because he am smarterate than Sarey doesn't make him Presidential. He hails from a gerrymandered district where the DCCC spends oodles to ensure his election. Wow, you pick the genius of the 'special kids'.

We, the US, spend about as much on military as the next eight on the expenditures list. We could end Southern Mil-Fare and still have a combat-ready Armed Forces.

Hoperating that the suffering will only be borne by the icky urbans and those more poor is fantasy. Forbes, Kochs, Peterson, FoxCasters...they will still eat. Wingnuts will get the Austerity. It sounds so adult to make noises about 'credit cards' and 'debt' and 'accountability'. Right up to the time when there is no money, no work, and no hope. How much of your comic collection can you sell? What will it be worth? What skills can you put on a depressed market? Why should I hire a teenager with no credentials when I can hire a PhD who speaks four languages fluently...to be the janitor?

Mold

alicia banks said...

mareally in perpetual slumber:

did u catch that liar/amnesiac hobama confess that the war in iraq has not ended after all???

Look to Iraq, where nearly 100,000 of our brave men and women have left with their heads held high. (Applause.) American combat patrols have ended, violence is down, and a new government has been formed. This year, our civilians will forge a lasting partnership with the Iraqi people, while we finish the job of bringing our troops out of Iraq. America's commitment has been kept. The Iraq war is coming to an end. (Applause.)

no_slappz said...

With respect to Obama's comments about US standing when it comes to math and science, well, as usual, he omits the important facts.

Those leading nations are almost all small HOMOGENEOUS nations. The leading nations are populated by people who literally speak the same language and are of similar racial and ethnic stock. Thus, those nations can and do succeed by practicing a single educational strategy, which includes a significant amount of outright rote learning.

Singapore has no secret strategy. Neither do the other leading nations. They drill. And most of the kids simply grind it out.

Meanwhile, if anyone bothered to rank the black nations of the world, they would be at the bottom. Well, not "would be" -- they are at the bottom.

Therefore, if Obama were honest, which he is not, he would have addressed the frightening gap between black academic achievement vs white and asian achievement. Especially in math and science.

However, in Obamaland, that's to be avoided. In Obamaland it's better to stick with dreamy wishes built on illusions.

Last night we had our Sputter-nik Moment.

Anonymous said...

Slappy, Obama was funded by certain folks and he wants to run again. Contrary to wingnut feelings, running for any office takes cash. Local PA ones can be done of your Mom's credit card or a loan. Beyond that, one usually looks for donors.
Obama is also the kind of person who collaborates in a collegial sense. Unlike TeaBaggers who have tons of family money to support their crazy, he tends to work with interested parties and seek consensus.
The US budget isn't the same as the budget for a family. Despite fakers attempting to sell this meme to fools, most adults recognize that a government budget is more complex. When you cut all expenses, your effect on the local economy is insignificant. If the US cuts, the South will disappear...the West will depopulate, and the services many use will be no more. How about Social Security? When corporations raided their deferred wage pensions, many elderly were forced to live on the SS guaranteed income. It ain't much...but it pays for groceries. How many of your Grandparents will come to live with you and Mom? Can your Mom afford extra drains on her income?
Sorry, the st reagan fantasy of lazy, shiftless 'miggers' sucking up all the hard-werkin' wite folks munny is just that...a fantasy.

Mold

Anonymous said...

Slappy, how about cash? Note how you forgot to mention the wealth available to educate citizens. Note how we have a much more generalized pool for students. Seems in other lands, wingnuts are tracked into manual labour while in the US they can take up space in a college.

Mold

PilotX said...

Yep, ignore the pitiful educational outcomes in poor white rural areas. Does family income have anything to do with educational results or are we just here to point out how ignorant Black people are. I know I know, silly question. I know we are naturally inferior and those whites with subpar grades ect. are just giving us good darkies a chance. Sick folks we have here in this country and they have the nerve to say racism is dead.

alicia banks said...

mareally dreaming like a newborn about ALL of hobama's lies:

BAM!!!

score one more for us birthers

hobama is a pathological liar about everything!!!

why not his bc too???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrb7YqdvxE

no_slappz said...

mold, you wrote:

When corporations raided their deferred wage pensions, many elderly were forced to live on the SS guaranteed income.

Based on your lunatic comments I can tell you really know nothing about the pension system and the retirement plans that support most Americans in retirement.

In the case of troubled corporate pension plans, much of those pension obligations are assumed by the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation, which is an agency of the federal government that backs failed corporate plans.

Meanwhile, the factors responsible for the failure of corporate pension plans are the result of government legislation. I cannot imagine why lawmakers have not changed the absurd laws that clearly contribute to the occasional pension blow-ups?

Your man Obama has done nothing to eliminate the problem, and, in fact, he has worsened the moral hazard by shifting some of the GM retiree obligation to taxpayers.

Since you know nothing about economics and finance, I am certain your understanding of pension rules is also zero. Pension accounting is a little tricky, but the problems in pension-land, like the problems in mortgage-land, all go back to idiotic government policies that set the stage for disaster.

no_slappz said...

pilotx, you asked:

Does family income have anything to do with educational results or are we just here to point out how ignorant Black people are.

Does family income make a difference in academic outcomes?

Unfortunately for you, the impact of family income is far less than you're willing to admit.

When it comes to getting into Harvard and the rest of the Ivy League, there's no doubt that families able to send their kids to private schools and keep them immersed in comeptitive academic environments makes a difference.

However, the Ivy League admits less than 10,000 kids into its freshman class every year.

Meanwhile, the Ivy League keeps the door open for kids who come from less prosperous homes. Nevertheless, the number of people going to the Ivies is so small it hardly matters.

In the world most people live in, grade schools all teach reading, writing and arithmetic. At the primary school level, family income means very little. But family attitude does matter.

My kids have gotten into the competitive public schools in NY City. Entry into their schools and programs is based on tests available to every kid in the NY City public school system.

Bottom line -- in grade school the "gifted classes" are racially mixed. Blacks are well represented.

But the next round of big tests comes when kids apply to middle school -- 6th grade through 8th grade.

By this point, getting high scores on the qualifying tests depends on how much knowledge the kids have acquired from kindergarten through 5th grade.

The outcome is clear -- the top middle schools are populated mainly by whites and asians. Plenty of the kids getting into these top middle school programs are eligible for "free lunch" which means they come from families of limited financial means.

When the kids take the final round of tests to get into high school, the racial divide gets wider.

The best public high school in NY City is Stuyvesant High School. Last year the student body was 63% asian. The other 37% of the students were almost all white. Not quite, but close.

It's a meritocracy. Everyone takes the same qualifying tests and the results are what they are.

John H. said...

One striking feature of President Obama's State of the Union speech was his failure to acknowledge the depth of the fiscal hole the country is in, or the role that his own failed policies have played in digging it. He said that "we need to take responsibility for our deficit," but failed to do so. On the contrary, he told Americans that "we are living with a legacy of deficit spending that began almost a decade ago."

The fact, however, is that Obama's out-of-control spending policies, and those of the Democratic Congress, caused the deficit to balloon from $163 billion in FY 2007, the last budget enacted by a Republican Congress, to $1.3 trillion in FY 2010--an increase of around 700%. For blowing the biggest hole in history in the federal government's finances, Obama took no responsibility at all, and his proposed solution--a five-year freeze in discretionary spending which he said would save $400 billion over the next decade, will have hardly any impact.

Today the news got even worse, as the Congressional Budget Office released a report titled "The Budget and Economic Outlook: Fiscal Years 2011 to 2021." The CBO now expects the federal deficit for FY 2011 to be $1.5 trillion:

"The resulting federal budget deficit of nearly $1.5 trillion projected for this year will equal 9.8 percent of GDP, a share that is nearly 1 percentage point higher than the shortfall recorded last year and almost equal to the deficit posted in 2009, which at 10.0 percent of GDP was the highest in nearly 65 years."

Assuming that Obama's freeze, if enacted promptly, could reduce the 2011 deficit by $40 billion, that would represent 2.7 percent of this year's deficit. The CBO's latest warning underscores the President's failure to address, in any meaningful way, the fiscal crisis that he did much to create and that is now engulfing his administration.

Anonymous said...

shut up stank breaf banks

B. Bombay said...

@Anon 1:13 PM

Dude? What's up with the name calling?
What happened to free speech? You might not like what AB has to say, but she has a right to say it.

maria said...

b. bombay, she does not have a right to say it, and if you read her ridiculous attacks on me, she says far worse.

i choose to ignore her and then watch how she goes crazy trying to bait me into replying

alicia banks said...

mareally flatters herself:

u r a self-baiting lying ungraciouos slutty faux nicole moron who needs no assistance from me.

but i will never pretend that u have any idea what you are talking about when u defend and coddle your beloved blackish brutal illegal hoax hobama.

NEVER!!!

alicia banks said...

bb:

thanks!

the truth about hobama is like poison to the hobama nazis who rule this blog...

alicia banks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alicia banks said...

mareally a horrid liar like hobama:

i am never as retarded or vulgar as the vdlr who is the anon at 1313/your rabid hyena mammy maid...

i slay you with research, ease, and tact always.

because unlike that glaringly and proudly illiterate hoodrat who is not hooked on phonics/vdlr, i actually have a vocabulary and an education!!

ps:

i am slaying your false god hobama as i type this!!!

stand by asap:
http://aliciabanks.xanga.com
SOTAU

Anonymous said...

Love how horribly complex and difficult pensions are and that I, being female, could never understand it as I don't have the superior male brain.
Except, I was alive when st reagan allowed businesses to raid pension funds and treat them as profits. I watched the PBGC went from covering the infrequent failures of pension funds to covering the looting pension funds. Silly me, the design was never to be a mirror of Social Security...but a last-ditch effort to preclude poverty.
Moral hazard? How cute. One would thinkerate that I would be far more interested in "shrink it and pink it"...but a moral hazard has only applied to those icky poor people. Somehow moral hazard did not apply to the bush bailouts...or did you hope my silly widdle girly brain done forgotted about the S&Ls.
Odd how the deficit is only because Obama done got elected. Must be gawd's punishment to those uppity folks who think AfAms are equal citizens. bush and st reagan had nothing to do with deficit creation...riiiight.
The fiscal crisis could end tomorrow by nationalizing the banks and having them take their losses. Oh, it's more about Austerity for the poor. They must pay for having the audacity to buy cell phones for their kids...or purchase TVs that are larger than the ones BillO had as a 50s child.
Obama has continued the policis of the previous Administration in futile hopes of preventing a crash. However, pretending he created the economic mess of the bushDepression shows either ignorance or lying.

Mold

AnnaByTheSea said...

" I wish he had the courage to talk about gun control, but I have come to expect less not more from O."

If you truly want gun clip control - cause real gun control will not pass the House - you want the President to say as little as possible. The rethuglicans have been building that shit pile for 2-years, you know "Obama's gonna take our guns!" They are just praying that the President will step in it. Had President Obama even mentioned gun control. everything else he said would have been completely buried. As we all know, the second the president comes out in favor of bullet control legislation, the House leadership will say "No." So, unless folk like you, me and Lawrence O'Donnell are prepared to get off our duffs and organize an overwhelming demand for bullet legislation...it ain't happening. And I see no reason for the President to take one for the team on this, because while I may have his back neither you nor O'Donnell will. Both of you are criticizing the President for not having courage to advocate gun control. And if he does, ya'll will criticize him for taking up an issue he could never win. So, on this issue the President did the smart thing - ignored the wishes of the political suicide squad.

With Respect & Love,

LACoincidental said...

Here are my thoughts on the State of the Union address, which I read an hour before.

I'll summarize, Obama's speech as perfectly bland, which shows he's an incredibly smart politician. He choose to speak in generalities, giving his detractors just enough to stay interested but not enough to go insane over. He came off as the grown man in a room full of angry bickering teenagers. He chose not to fight anyone, because he doesn't have to fight.

He's already beaten the GOP in terms of policy -- he got the repeal of DADT, HCR, Financial Reform, START Treaty, saved the Auto industry and reforms to student loans. Not what most of us would like, but not too shabby. Yeah, he lost seats in the Congress -- but that's no different than Clinton, and Obama has a lot more points on the board than Bubba did back in '94.

And for the far left folks (the kind that Alicia and Mell are fond of quoting) -- he didn't exactly "punch hippies" but he didn't say anything truly liberal either. But, said nothing particularly that would raise the ire of anyone but the most cynical. Again smart move. The Left has more of a chance of raising a challenger in the primaries than I have of being an astronaut.

Essentially, the only people who are bitching, would bitch anyway. And they're the pundits who cry wolf -- after a while, no one cares what they say. Not a bad strategy.

PilotX said...

Ah, the old ancedotal evidence as factual proof of one's preconceived notions. If that's the case I live in Chicago and look at the high performing public schools and see that they are populated mostly by Black students. What's up in New York? Never liked NYC anyway but using the same logic and evidence I just proved Black students outperform white students in Chicago. Google Whitney Young, Payton, Lindblom, King, Lane Tech and Northside Prep high schools. I hate it when racism runs into reality.

LACoincidental said...

Correction to last post -
"The left has no more chance of raising a challenger in the primaries than I have of being an astronaut."

Anonymous said...

LAC, nice analysis.

Mold

LACoincidental said...

Sorry, here's the link.

Anonymous said...

PilotX, I spent time in rural Whitesylvania and can personally attest to the severe lack of academic skills possessed by wites. The only reason they didn't join gangs is that they were too busy molesting their sister or giving their girlfriend a concussion.
What about all those wunnerful coal region schools? Should we not include them in a discussion of education? Oh, that might put paid to the unscientific notion of wites being all smarter and stuff.
It is far more about the parents..or their lack...than skin colour.

Mold

Anonymous said...

bbombay that nasty piece of trash buceta breaf banks routinely crosses the line into harassing others she deserves all manner of abuse tossed her way truss dont nobody feel sorry for that nasty wench unless they r one of her alternate sockpuppets like fp or laa.

PilotX said...

@Mold, this is something white supremecists seem to ignore. By their ideology West Virginia which is 96% white should by all accounts be a mecca of educational and economic success but what do we see instead? Damn near last in education and median income. That alone should render the argument about Black folks dragging the stats down moot but those stats are ignored.
Anyhoo, I love the new meme that the GOP is trying to use about the O man. He is ignoring Black students because he's ending the D.C. voucher program. Bohner even had the head of the group advocating for vouchers there as his guest. I too am opposed to a system that only helps at best 5% of students so when they bitch about not helping students I have yet to hear a good argument from the right about fixing the schools for the vast majority of students. I love Faux news today when they asked her what good reason someone could have to oppose the program well damn, have an opponent of the program on and ask them but for Faux viewers that is too high level thinking. This is just a way the GOP uses to 1. attempt to appear to be doing anything to help people of color and 2. sneak around the 1st Amendment and appeal to the religious right which has too much influence on the GOP IMHO. I also love the theme O cut funds for HBCU's. As if they care. Funny times.

Martio said...

@ Mold:

Your writing really fits your name.

"Evil Slime" would be better, as would "Fetid", but Mold works.

alicia banks said...

more 2010 info for needs slaps:


Shortly after murdering his 4-year-old sister in his Mokena bedroom, Keith Randulich sat in a police interrogation room, apparently staring at his blood-stained pants as he explained to detectives why he did it.

A video recording of Randulich's interview with police, which came shortly after he brutally cut the neck of his half-sister Sabrina Clement in 2009, was played in court by prosecutors during a sentencing hearing Tuesday. Randulich, 19, pleaded guilty to murder charges last month.

In the video, Randulich, then an 18-year-old senior earning mostly A's at Lincoln-Way East High School, explained that he decided to kill his sister to protect her from a relative he believed was sexually abusing the girl.



http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/southsouthwest/ct-met-mokena-stabbing-0126-20110125,0,4302185.story

jwalden91lx said...

Has anyone else noticed that whenever the pro-gun people start quoting the 2nd ammendment, they always forget about the "well regulated" part?

alicia banks said...

lac:

i am actually petrified of hobama nazis like you.

u really think it is "cool ok smart" for hobama to ignore crises that he has worsened that are literally killing millions globally in EVERY way imaginable.

shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u r my eternal inspiration for the surgical slaying i shall soon post

thanks!!!

alicia banks said...

lac:

many germans said the precise same things about hitler even AFTER they found out that his gassing jews was not just some "conspiracy" rumor...


shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

alicia banks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

PilotX said...
@Mold, this is something white supremecists seem to ignore. By their ideology West Virginia which is 96% white should by all accounts be a mecca of educational and economic success but what do we see instead? Damn near last in education and median income.


You do realize it isnt money that makes them this way. They live like you. Unfettered breeding. Minimal education, drinking drugs and so on....think about it. They have the same high school graduation rates you do. Anothe words they are people who learn to live and like to live in the jungle/forests and mountains. Only when you take one of them out and put them in the city, they change. You do not, you try to change everything around you by destruction, stealing, crime and so on.

They are also a miniscule percentage of our population. You however have 53% dropout rate for every Black for the entire US. Whats your next excuse???/

Anonymous said...

What's the difference between an apolitical psychotic maniac like Jared Loughner, and a politically motivated psychotic maniac like Casey Brezik, who slashed a dean's throat thinking he was the Governor of Missouri? Brezik has the support of the political community he represents (i.e., moonbats). From Anarchist news dot org:

"We now have the address of Casey Brezik, accused anarchist assassin. Please write to him and let him know that he's not forgotten. The jail he's in will only let him receive standard size postcards. If people want crazy shit to happen, then we should be supporting people when crazy shit goes down. Send him a postcard today!"

Denver Anarchist Black Cross supportively adds:

"Casey is and has been an anarchist for some time that was active off and on for the last couple years in the Kansas City area. Despite the attempts to discredit Casey in the media, members of DABC have known Casey as an active and passionate anarchist and revolutionary, and although he did indeed battle with mental health issues, he was nonetheless committed to revolutionary struggle and social justice."

Comrade Obama and his media support system are also committed to the coercive form of depravity that goes by the euphemism "social justice," which — combined with his race — explains why you haven't heard much about Brezik.

So where's the Tea Party's call to send uplifting post cards to Jared Loughner? Oh that's right, Jared Loughner has never had anything whatsoever to do with the Tea Party, its allies, or its goals. Given the Obamunist media's deliberately deceptive coverage, that's easy to forget.


Mildew

no_slappz said...

mold, you wrote:

Love how horribly complex and difficult pensions are and that I, being female, could never understand it as I don't have the superior male brain.

Again, you strut your ignorance with statements like the above. Unless you have actually studied Pension Accounting in a college level accounting class, there is no reason for you to believe you know anything about pensions, their administration and the laws that govern them.

If you think being alive when certain events happened and your presence on the planet at those times is enough to infuse your brain with complex knowledge by some mystical osmotic process, well, what can I say, but, you're delusional.

Possibly you were alive when the first heart transplant was undertaken, which, in your view means you're almost ready to perform heart surgery on yourself.

In any case, you got one thing almost right. The rules governing pensions are legislated by Congress. Not the president. Thus, if you want to claim the government was to blame for the accounting treatment of pension, you have a point.

But that particular ruling related to the concept of "overfunded pensions", which meant that pensions with asset values that exceeded their legal requirements were available for special purposes.

As you should have realized by now, very few business leaders break laws. That's why they rarely land in jail. However, a lot of laws create risk. Like laws that allow excess funds in pension to be used for financing leveraged buyouts, and like laws allowing lenders to give mortgages to people with low credit scores, weak job prospects and no downpayment money.

Democrats since Carter have gone overboard loosening credit rules, first with the Community Reinvestment Act, then with the ending of Regulation Q -- both huge mistakes made by Carter.

Unfortunately for you, you don't know enough to hold a discussion about financial issues or the legislation that brought about both good and bad developments. You're determined to remain ignorant, which is your privilege.

Rev. Right said...

jwalden91lx said...
"Has anyone else noticed that whenever the pro-gun people start quoting the 2nd ammendment, they always forget about the "well regulated" part?"

"Well regulated" did not refer to gun control laws.

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

http://www.constitution.org/cons/wellregu.htm

alicia banks said...

px:

hobama was the very first to betray black students in dc!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKzZJoPu1OQ

http://www.reason.tv/video/show/barack-obama-the-dc-school-vou

http://www.thehopeforamerica.com/play.php?id=883

alicia banks said...

lac:

since hobama has proven he is the world's best blackish repub

his best 2012 rival may be a better black repub...beware!!!

and he is a more humane ceo to boot!

http://draftcain.org/default.aspx

go hc!!!!

no_slappz said...

la coincidental, you wrote:

He's already beaten the GOP in terms of policy -- he got the repeal of DADT, HCR, Financial Reform, START Treaty, saved the Auto industry and reforms to student loans.

Wow. So you believe the future of the Republic tied to Don't Ask Don't Tell? You might have noticed when Obama mentioned this tidbit, the cameras jumped to the heads of all branches of the US military. Not one of them clapped or cracked a smile.

In the big picture, this change means nothing. Nothing. I'm not sure how the reality will play out, but it is a simple fact that by expanding the role of women in the US military, the military has become burdened with the problem of rape and the problem of pregnant soldiers, sailors, marines and air-women.

Is the US military better because it has made women almost equal to men? Hard to say. I believe the same sense will follow from the end of DADT.

Healthcare? You've got to be joking. The bills for Obamacare are going to send the taxpayer portion of healthcare spending through the roof. Even you know that adding 30 million people to government rolls will cost many many more billions than anyone has estimated or projected.

Fiancial Reform. By claiming he made things better, you demonstrate how little you know. There is nothing in Financial Reform that steers the financial industry away from the obvious problem areas. Period.

START? Who cares about START when Iran claims it's close to building a bomb? Meanwhile, who knows where Pakistan's nukes are? And that same question may soon arise in Egypt, where the Muslim Brotherhood will do its best to seize power if it can topple Mubarak's regime.

Anonymous said...

ya nasty piece of trash buceta breaf banks routinely crosses the line into harassing others she deserves all manner of abuse tossed her way truss dont nobody feel sorry for that nasty wench unless they r one of her alternate sockpuppets like fp or laa.

get a phukkin job chrick!

alicia banks said...

lac:

it is a shame that DROVES of young black hobama fans being GROSSLY and PERMANENTLY unemployed is just fine by you!....

shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When Barack Obama won the White House in 2008, he won it with the votes of millions of young black people.

They were the kids who went from door-to-door, kids who wore T-shirts and Kangol caps bearing his name – or his image and the word “Hope.” Kids who, in seeing a black man become president of the world’s foremost superpower, began to believe in the power of their dreams.

But now, the president needs to step up for them in the same way that they stepped out for him more than two years ago – because right now, their dreams are poised to be crushed beneath the oppressive weight of unemployment and underemployment.

I say this because recently, The Children’s Defense Fund released a report which showed that 40 percent of black people aged 16 to 29 years old were either not working, had given up looking for work or were working in part-time jobs because it was the only work they could get.

Twenty-four percent of white people in that age group were in the same predicament, as were 34 percent of Latinos.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/news/baw_commentary_news/25382&wwparam=1296080887

no_slappz said...

mold, you wrote:

PilotX, I spent time in rural Whitesylvania and can personally attest to the severe lack of academic skills possessed by wites.

Pennsylvania may have its share of white morons, but what of it?

Pennsylvania is loaded with colleges and univerities, including some of the best in the nation. Many are state schools aimed at educating the residents of PA. Why don't you check the demographics of all the colleges and universities in PA and let me know what the racial balance is -- freshman year, and at graduation.

Then let me know what the students study. You will discover that almost all the students taking the tough stuff are white and asian. And some of them come from coal country, like one of my engineering professors.

alicia banks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alicia banks said...

lac:

maybe your unraised ire was just flat and snoring like mareally a kindred rabid hobama nazi????

How do you take seriously a speech in which the president says we will spend more money on educating students, rebuilding our infrastructure and funding research for innovation in alternative energy sources — all while saying we’re not going to spend more money?

How do you take seriously a speech in which the only budgetary dollar figure the president gives is a made-up one — a reduction in spending (even as spending is frozen, remember) as compared only to hypothetical future budgets?

How do you take seriously a speech in which the president claims the mantle of fiscal restraint — while essentially bidding to make permanent the supposedly temporary, stimulus-inflated levels of spending we’ve seen the last two years?



How do you take seriously a speech in which the president says he will work more closely with Republicans — by making the same offers he has made, but not acted on, in previous speeches? (Examples: “If you have ideas about how to improve [the health-reform] law…I am eager to work with you,” and, “I’m willing to look at other ideas to bring down costs, including one that Republicans suggested last year: medical malpractice reform to rein in frivolous lawsuits” [my emphasis, because he's admitting he didn't act on it when they proposed it before

http://blogs.ajc.com/kyle-wingfield/2011/01/26/obama-gives-a-speech-we-cant-take-seriously/?cxntfid=blogs_kyle_wingfield

no_slappz said...

pilotX,

You seem to have an obsession with West Virginia, a small 96%-white state that lags in many ways.

The WV lag is more than offset by the successes of other highly white states including Iowa, South Dakota and North Dakota.

You should get over your denial problem.

no_slappz said...

pilotX,

Whitney Young high school has the following demographics:

black 31%
white 30%
hispanic 21%
asian 18%

According to the school's records the Average ACT test score is 26. Sorry, but that ain't no great shakes.

However, the school does not break out its standardized test scores on the basis of race. Why? Because you and I and everyone else knows the highest scoring group is the asian group, with whites next, while the black and hispanic group averages trail.

no_slappz said...

pilotX,

Walter Payton High School seems to keep its racial demographic figures close to its vest.

However, Payton has within it the Confuscius Institute, which among other pursuits, it focuses on teaching Chinese. The head of China visited. Based on the obvious, it's clear this school is filled with asians, but it's impossible to estimate the black population, however all indicators suggest it is a low percentage, especially considering the black school-age population in Chicago schools.

Meanwhile, Lane Tech also appears to have a low black enrollment. The schoo's website includes a roster of its most famous graduates. It appear that none of them are black. But maybe I missed one or two.

In any case, the schools you cited look like great schools and anyone who attends should make the most of the opportunity.

By the way, Lane Tech says its average ACT score is 23. Sorry, but that's low.

LACoincidental said...

No_slappz and Alicia, you both proved my point. Between the two of you, there at least 6 posts to this blog attacking me for saying the President's speech was much like a starch white shirt from Brooks Brothers, elegantly put together and clean, but otherwise bland. Only the most cynical and ardent ideologues (Meaning, the two of you) would attack such a bland speech.

Short of Obama declaring that he was wrong and (fill in your sanctimonious, out of touch ideologue here) was always right then committing Seppuku on the House floor last night, folks on the Tea Party Kook Right and the Irrelevant Militant Left would bitch.

Hence why Obama won the war of words last night - he's smart enough not to start fight unnecessarily with either side of the spectrum. Why give your enemies ammo?

PilotX said...

Ah our resident racist brings up some great points. One, an average ACT score of 26 is pretty good, compare that to the average white high school and you'll see what I'm talking about. Seems like the schools with higher Black enrollment here in Chicago have higher ACT scores, funny how that works huh? Educational outcomes are not totally predicated on ACT scores anyway, some of my white classmates had pretty low ACT scores and ended up doing quite well in life as do most Whitney Young grads, BTW look at the list of promiment WY grads that are Black and I'm sur even you will be impressed. This is just the public schools we're not even touching the Black private schools here in Chicago that outperform their white counterparts in every measurable statistic. google Hales Franciscan, Leo and Provident St. Mel. You also brought up the point that your kids did well in school and someone stated you were a teacher, well duh. We have to take in the historical component as most well educated people tend to produce well educated offspring and for years we were kept out of institutions of higher learning. If whites were prevented from attending college or even being allowed to learn to read for hundreds of years methinks the dismal stats of whites would be even worse. Not an excuse a quatifiable fact. My mom was a teachers as were many of my friends' parents and thus we knew how to excel in academia. Also I am not obsessed with WV it's just that if you truly believe whites are inherently superior that state sticks out like a sore thumb to refute that notion.
@ The anon that states WV has the same drop ou rate as I do, sorry to inform you son but I didn't drop out of school so to personalize it is a mistake. I know what you mean by me, stereotyping and lumping all Black people together, but if that's the case when people like Field and myself get college and post college degrees and exceed the majority of whites then that stereotype should stick too right? I mean by that level of thinking and grouping we're all president of the U.S. well at least half of us.
Why don't you and your racist brother go off to stormfront or some other friendly site and let us darkies figure out how to solve our problems, we know what they are without you throwing them in our faces with no solutions to offer. Sad life putting people down but not surprising in this racist nation.

Anonymous said...

Hence why Obama won the war of words last night - he's smart enough not to start fight unnecessarily with either side of the spectrum. Why give your enemies ammo?



Or rather he continues as a useless president who has accomplished nothing positive except spending on a scale never before seen and will continue to destroy this country with his idealogies. Don't forget, he came up with the typical demonrat plan of spend, spend, spend, while promising to freeze spending as of his highest point. Big Whoops, we are screwed or rather would be if we didnt have adults in charge once again.

Anonymous said...

Pilot X...

Ah our resident racist brings up some great points. One, an average ACT score of 26 is pretty good, compare that to the average white high school and you'll see what I'm talking about. Seems like the schools with higher Black enrollment here in Chicago have higher ACT scores, funny how that works huh?

I hope they have drug testing on UA you racist prick. You shouldnt be flying while you are this fucked up in the head on dat crack .

Facts my nasty vile friend are not racist. Refusing to accept the truth while blaming someone else is not only racist its fucking stupid. Like you.

Anonymous said...

Pilot X...

Ah our resident racist brings up some great points. One, an average ACT score of 26 is pretty good, compare that to the average white high school and you'll see what I'm talking about. Seems like the schools with higher Black enrollment here in Chicago have higher ACT scores, funny how that works huh?

I hope they have drug testing on UA you racist prick. You shouldnt be flying while you are this fucked up in the head on dat crack .

Facts my nasty vile friend are not racist. Refusing to accept the truth while blaming someone else is not only racist its fucking stupid. Like you.

Anonymous said...

AB, I have had it with your insulting name calling about Maria. As a bm I must take a stand on her behalf. From this day forward I will be writing to Field about your nasty BS! LEAVE MARIA ALONE, you bugeyed TURKEY!!!

Anonymous said...

Maria, "i thought roland martin was right when he said obama didn't talk about the poor, and should have. i think the "american dream" bullshit has never been an option for most minorities due to lack of opportunities and racism so everytime i hear that line i really want to puke. and with the recession and unemployment so high, all people despite their education also can't get jobs.

i always hate that rah, rah, we americans are so great, god blesses us above everyone else, we're the center of the universe BS. hate it."

Maria, you nailed it, as you often do. It's too bad knuckleheaded AB can't hear your wisdom.

BTW, no_slappz was wrong about Apple stock and YOU were RIGHT! Thanks for the advice. I am a little richer and no_slappz is obviously poorer..lol

Anonymous said...

anon to PilotX-"Facts my nasty vile friend are not racist. Refusing to accept the truth while blaming someone else is not only racist its fucking stupid. Like you."

Whoa. That's heavy. Poor PilotX.

Desertflower said...

Great post! Ditto on the O man!

(Lemme go before my good friend the stalker shows up, G'nite ;))

maria said...

thank you, anon. funny that i didn't say ANYTHING good about the speech and she still went off on me as if i had! (just like she did with LAC).

PilotX said...

Well I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the response from another racist troll. I am being accused of being a racist because I refute the notion that Black people are not inherently inferior? Nothing surprises me in amerikkka anymore where wingnuts rewrite history and refute facts. So anon, what is the national average ACT score? What is the average score for whites? Answer those questions and as usual you will see I am spot on in my obervations while fools like you make up shit and throw rocks. Sure we have drug testing as people in real jobs that have real responsibilities usually do.

no_slappz said...

anonymous 7:18, you wrote:

BTW, no_slappz was wrong about Apple stock and YOU were RIGHT! Thanks for the advice. I am a little richer and no_slappz is obviously poorer

Wrong about Apple? You're a nitwit. I DID NOT state the stock would start on a one-way trip down with Jobs departure. I do not trade based on short-term moves. I buy and sell based on long-term views -- meaning I do what I can to look a year or more ahead.

I believe that without Jobs Apple will become a far more average company, which means its stock will lose momentum in the year ahead.

The fact that the price increased by more than $100 a share while I owned it means I consider my trade a big success.

Meanwhile, over the last year I've been buying GE. The stock is around $20 a share and there is about $12 per share of cash and securities on the balance sheet. Therefore, anyone buying now is getting the business for about $8 a share. For that reason and others, the stock is a screaming buy.

no_slappz said...

pilotX,

Whenever your rebuttals are blown out of the water, you respond with another loser challenge the sidesteps the original point.

Sorry to tell you, but among competitive schools an ACT score of 26 is unimpressive. The figure may be well above the national average, but the national average is not the benchmark used by high-performing, competitive high schools.

They shoot for the scores that get kids into good colleges. An ACT score of 26 is okay for a good state college, but it won't get a kid into Northwestern or U of Chicago.

PilotX said...

Average ACT score genius. So for the sake of argument, what is the average ACT score of high performing schools since you brought it up. Show me something. And BTW many Black students from our high performing high schools here in Chicago go to elite colleges. 43% of Provident St. Mel grads go to elite schools. Nice try at a rebuttle and I'm looking forward to you finding the info. BTW, you studies engineering are you employed as an engineer?

PilotX said...

ooops, studied.

PilotX said...

If this doesn't show how inferior our racists are I don't know what does. He supposedly studied engineering and taught math but doesn't understand the concept of an average? Basic high school level stats and it goes over this guy's head. Anyhoo, WY produces many Black students that go onto study at elite universities. In fact our First Lady is a graduate of Whitney Young and of course attended an Ivy League school and law school so if that isn't a ringing endorsement I don't know what is.

Rev. Right said...

no_slappz said..."For that reason and others, the stock is a screaming buy."

Would those other reasons include GE's "special relationship" with the Obama Adminstration including various "Green" boondoggles?

Amina said...

@alicia:
I've just recently started reading the comments and I must say that I'm taken by your deep hatred for President Obama. He has become a disappointment for many who voted him in office, however, your disdain for him has a visceral quality. I agree with much of what you have to say on other issues and I've followed the links you provide from time to time.

Were you this outraged and vitriolic towards Bush? Do you know something more sinister about the President that is driving this "Hobama" thing.
God Bless you honey.....

SickupandFed said...

Field! You know(I hope) that we really like you and your take on things(there's usually a but that follows compliments)

BUT, do me a small favor. In the future, warn us when you link to Newsmax. That site has demonic powers. It drains your intellect and replaces it with the stupid. And as you know, the stupid, it burns!

alicia banks said...

amina:

the most sinister thing i know about hobama is that black fools like you worship him as a false god.

your god will never bless u sweetie.

alicia banks said...

lac:

the day drones like u realize that repubs are not hobama's enemies...but his cloned allies...that is the day you will stop worshipping your blackish false god cia hoax etc...

alicia banks said...

amina:

see much more hate here until hobama earns some love...

enjoy sugar!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com

alicia banks said...

amina:

see much much more on that
blackish hoax hobama and his cuz clone gwb here too:


http://blackagendareport.com/