Monday, January 10, 2011

A moment of silence........


It's day three after the tragedy in Arizona and the nation is still "grieving". A congresswoman was shot and is clinging to life, a nine year old girl and a federal judge lost their lives; and, at least for now, a country feels like it is losing its soul.

I am sorry I missed the moment of silence today. Unfortunately I was in one of those places in this country where the killing of a little girl (and many others) doesn't quite get the same attention.

I feel for Dallas Green and his family. The loss of little Christina is a tragedy that no parent (or grandparent)should have to live with. But so was the loss of little Cashae Rivers. She was only five years old when a single bullet struck and killed her after piercing through her back while she drove in the back of a car. There are others, but I can't list them all now. I don't have the time or the stomach.

Anyway, because of who the victims were, there will once again be a gun control debate here in A-merry-ca. The NRA will have to go into spin control and get their lobbyist to earn their fat paychecks. They will win. Why? The shooting of folks "who really matter" are too few and far between.



88 comments:

svejk said...

Your Cashae Rivers link is off the mark...

LACoincidental said...

svejk, its the link to above.

Field, after reading some of the Tea Bag comments over on Yahoo News today, its feels like some of these Yahoos (pun intend) still don't get it. Violent and insane rhetoric blasted 24/7 as "News" and "politics" will insight some folks to take 'matters into their own hands'. The Right will continue to live in a self-contorting denial.

However, given some of the great gospel singer, Timothy Wright "Trouble Don't Last Always". Hopefully, this will be a wake up call we need that we need solution and inciting near riots over healthcare reform isn't responsible politics - its government by mob rule. And its only get worse until we collective decide to get better.

And we can begin by calling out the right wing rabble rousers who make their living inciting this kind of madness - Limbaugh, Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, hell virtually everyone who is on Rupert Murdoch's pay role and the GOP leadership who hide behind these clowns for cover.

One Fly said...

You are correct. Good post.

alicia banks said...

amen

most msm are as blind to the deaths of black babies as hobama nazis are to the sins of republican cloned dems...

shame!!!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732481441/the-impending-doom-of-the-nation---the-deliberate-death-of-public-education/

alicia banks said...

tavis is back!!!

yay!!!!!!!

so is cornel west!!!

http://www.smileyandwest.com/


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732752506/tom-joyner---hobamas-favorite-masochistic-minstrel/?page=1&jump=1517661358&leftcmt=1


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732761867/dr-cornel-west-is-my-hero---his-love-for-obama-is-not-blind/

Anonymous said...

Field, bad timing. You should be posting about the 'spin' email conversation between Palin and Beck. You ought to be posting Rush's arrogance and insensitivity to the entire matter. Did you take note what Ailes said to his broadcasters? What about Arizona's congressmen stating how violent and dangerous it is to be in politics, esp in Arizona?

Why would you let something that could destroy our country by vitriolic media and political agitators go so quickly? Have you softened up like Barbara Walters has about Palin?

Anonymous said...

Tavis was right all along. Some of you Negroes owe Tavis an apology.

alicia banks said...

anon:

ditto!!!!!!!
but
they will never apologize.
evasion trumps integrity.

thank god tavis and cornel are back.

we need them more than ever now!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/738354430/happy-2011/


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/737063561/hobama-is-no-wimp%E2%80%A6but-he-is-a-wicked-elitist-clone-of-his-cousins-george-bush--dick-cheney/

Anonymous said...

AB, "thank god tavis and cornel are back.

we need them more than ever now!"

Yes we do. The black community has been rudderless since Obama. Tavis and Cornell will give some substance and stability that we thought Obama would have brought.

Anonymous said...

Field,
I see you have another "proof reader" of your links....

As usual, you've summed up the Moment of Silence well.

When you have the time read what Jim Wallis wrote on Huff post. It is all good advice. We can all improve our political rhetoric and now..... I wonder how long that Sherrif in Arizona will last in his job for using his First Amendment rights and speaking his mind?

ALOHA from Makaii

Anonymous said...

Field, after this national tragedy, and the wounding of a congresswoman, you might encourage your FN followers to uphold the law and denounced ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION. Where is your responsibility and sense of duty?

My goodness! We are Americans who are losing their country to vitriol and violence.

Anonymous said...

I wonder if Daniel Hernandez is a Legal citizen of AZ...Please note that there are NO Blacks in this video:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/10/jan-brewer-leads-standing_1_n_807018.html

Thrasher said...

DITTO!!!!!!

Finally Wayne Bennett steps up..Best fucking commentary of the year..

Mack Lyons said...

"Field, bad timing. You should be posting about the 'spin' email conversation between Palin and Beck. You ought to be posting Rush's arrogance and insensitivity to the entire matter. Did you take note what Ailes said to his broadcasters? What about Arizona's congressmen stating how violent and dangerous it is to be in politics, esp in Arizona?"

So the loss of children and young adults to senseless gun-related violence don't get precedence over Palin and Beck's bullshit. I see.

PilotX said...

Rush is an a-hole, what else is new. Water is wet and fire is hot. As Chris Matthews pointed out today, even a broken clock........, this country was founded in violence and if this debate didn't happen when the Kennedy's, MLK, Reagan and Lennon were shot it ain't gonna happen now. Black life has always been worthless here in amerikkka and most yahoos have always been pretty stupid as evidenced here on this blog. Folks are questioning whether he could have been a racist because she was white but I thought she was Jewish and last I checked they hated them too. Gotta give it to MLK and brother Shabazz, they are still right about this country over 50 years later.
Cornell is cool cause he's an Alpha but Tavis has to step off cause he's a Kappa;-)

field negro said...

"Field, bad timing. You should be posting about the 'spin' email conversation between Palin and Beck. You ought to be posting Rush's arrogance and insensitivity to the entire matter. Did you take note what Ailes said to his broadcasters? What about Arizona's congressmen stating how violent and dangerous it is to be in politics, esp in Arizona?"

That's why we have comments. You just did it.

Sorry about that folks, (rushing to watch the game)that link has been corrected.

Rottnkid said...

Why would you let something that could destroy our country by vitriolic media and political agitators go so quickly? Have you softened up like Barbara Walters has about Palin?

8:39 PM
----------

The Arizona shooting will be on TV, in the newspapers, at the water coolers, etc.. for the rest of the week. FN could talk about it tomorrow and he won't skip a beat.

CAROLYN MOON said...

My heart goes out to the family of Cashae Rivers. That angelic picture of her forces me to hope that there is a better place and that she's there now. I have a number of questions that haven't been answered to my satisfaction, however, I don't believe this all happened by accident. Friends accuse me of agnosticism. I do believe in the "Great I Am", I just don't believe humankind has gotten the message(s) right over the centuries. Moving on....

"Oh Lawd Tavis is Back", made me chuckle. But Field , did you really think Tavis was going to let this go. He has to do the "I told you so". Tavis warned us and the Trojan Horse story comes to mind. We have someone in the white house now that we're not familiar with at all. We (I truly include myself)saw what we wanted to see and heard what we wanted to hear. I know there was a collective "uh-oh" across the nation when we learned of his cabinet picks and then later appointees. I have much respect for Cornel West and I figured there must be some substance to their nay saying but I kept hoping it wasn't true. We've "been had,been took, been hoodwinked, bamboozled and led astray". Well..you know the speech.

I, too, am upset about the loss of life in Arizona and have been upset for years about the loss of life especially among the young in many of our urban centers as well.
Is it just me who finds it puzzling that this guy shot up the Safeway parking lot and killed 6,yet, he's only been framed so far as mentally ill. He's a TERRORIST! 95% of the mentally ill are not violent...in fact, they become victims due to the ravishes of the disease. This guy's politics and seditionist viewpoints fueled his behavior. A form of mental illness may have assisted but he was driven by his politics.

Before I go I can't wait to hear what Tavis Smiley and Cornel West are up to and what they have to say about the current administration. Field, the comments are going to be hot and heavy; but I think they are far more equipped with facts and examples this time around.

eumenidis said...

*Violent and insane rhetoric blasted 24/7 as "News" and "politics" will insight some folks to take 'matters into their own hands'. The Right will continue to live in a self-contorting denial.*

You're right about that, though I'm convinced at least some of the members of the Right are well aware that their constant messages of "*those* evil people are to blame for *your* troubles & they should be destroyed" will inevitably incite some unbalanced people to violence...& that they fully intend it to.

Wesley R said...

Field,

Another great post. Our community should know about things like this but our TV and radio station are more about entertainment then news. BTW, I've been listening to Smiley and West on Sundays for a minute.

LACoincidental said...

Smiley and West plays on KPFK on Friday nights here in LA. Honestly, I'm kind of "Eh, whatever." Not bad, but nothing particularly interesting or new. I could go on, but lets stay on task tonight.

Field you're right, we'll never have a serious discussion about Gun Control simply because most Americans are under the false belief that being armed to the teeth is somehow effective in protecting your family from a thief or "the evil government". Its not, statistically, you're more likely to shoot yourself or your sister than you are a burglar. And as Bill Maher quipped, a gloc's useless when Uncle Sam has tanks and napalm.

But, alas - we can't speak intelligently about matters every other modern nation figured out decades ago before. Somethings aren't left and right - they're right and wrong, sane or insane. Sensible gun control isn't about "Liberal Marxists takin' my rifle" - its about making sure that the insane or the outright criminal can't an modified .45 Magnum than I find a Veggie Burger in Bakersfield. Healthcare Reform isn't "death panels" - its our nation's leaders realizing that basic medical care is a human right and not merely a privileged few with good jobs or deep pockets. And taxes are necessary, but they are rarely evil.

Like I said, we're a nation of intellectual juveniles who need to man up and have adult conversations about real problems. Saturday's massacre proved just what happens when you put off those important adult conservations.

Bob said...

What do I gain by denouncing illegal immigration when I support the kind of reform proposed by our former otherwise awful president & initially endorsed by John McCain & some other Repugs? I'm a terrible American if I support a strong border, stricter legal immigration, but not the mass deportations of millions of people? What does that have do with killing the little girl born on 9/11?

Someone wrote regarding this recent shooting, "We are all to blame." But I don't feel especially guilty. For once, we need to place some general blame & make it stick.

LACoincidental said...

Bob, the issue isn't immigration (though much of the immigration argument is really just scapegoating Latino migrants for our overall economic calamities), its the irrational fears about immigration generated in our political discourse. We literally had politicians and media pundits claim the Mexican immigrants were spreading leprosy and overtaking local ranchers.

But again, Immigration is an issue where we can't have seem to have real conversations. Why aren't we considering why so many folks are fleeing to our nation. What are the real reasons for the rise in the concern for immigration? What would happen to our economy if we suddenly deport millions of people? Are the real alternative both sides can agree to?

Again, big questions to be asked. Are we ready to face them. And attempting to arrest over a million people and their children or giant fences isn't a real conversation - its theater designed to distract.

mellaneous said...

Interesting point Field. And you are probably right there will be a bit more soul searching and some will question this insistence on the ability to bear arms. The concerns will be raised because someone in national politics has been shot and secondarily because this has affected negatively white lives.

But the discussion about the easy access to guns should have been held years ago, considering the amount of gun violence in our inner cities and especially the inner city ghettos. But that doesn't happen because thats what supposed to happen in ghettos. Thats why we have ghettos.

Anybody ever notice how when shootings happen in the burbs or some all white enclave someone always says,'this kind of thing is not supposed to happen in this community' as if there is a community this kind of thing is supposed to happen.

While some folks spend a lot of time condemning the inevitable violence that will occur among impoverished, economically neglected,hopeless and oppressed peoples. No one questions why guns are so readily available in these neighborhoods.

Very few folks attempt to hold them accountable.

And speaking of accountability Fox and Glen Beck aren't fooling anybody with their fake, 'we're going to wait until the facts come out.' They are liars and what exposes their complicity is Beck's condemnation of what Sheriff Dupnik has had to say.

At bottom they know that indeed the sheriff is right the anti-Islamic, anti-Mexican, anti-homosexual, anti-black, anti-anything that doesn't fit most folks idea of Americana has indeed contributed to a climate of hatred and implied violence (historically something bad and violent has almost always happened to folks that the hatred is aimed at)

field negro said...

"Someone wrote regarding this recent shooting, "We are all to blame." But I don't feel especially guilty. For once, we need to place some general blame & make it stick."

Yep! I'm pointing my finger directly @ FOX NEWS and all the wingnuts.


"You're right about that, though I'm convinced at least some of the members of the Right are well aware that their constant messages of "*those* evil people are to blame for *your* troubles & they should be destroyed" will inevitably incite some unbalanced people to violence...& that they fully intend it to."

Yep!!

"Is it just me who finds it puzzling that this guy shot up the Safeway parking lot and killed 6,yet, he's only been framed so far as mentally ill. He's a TERRORIST! 95% of the mentally ill are not violent...in fact, they become victims due to the ravishes of the disease. This guy's politics and seditionist viewpoints fueled his behavior. A form of mental illness may have assisted but he was driven by his politics."

No CAROLYN, it's not just you.

Anonymous said...

Rttnkid, "The Arizona shooting will be on TV, in the newspapers, at the water coolers, etc.. for the rest of the week. FN could talk about it tomorrow and he won't skip a beat."

Unfortunately, the folks on FN are missing and skipping the beat. How callous.

maria said...

we have become a nation of violent thugs who don't care about the lives of others.

if we did care, how could we continue these wars in afghanistan and iraq?

if we did care, how could we have such lax gun control laws?

if we did care, why is there no outcry over christina's death?

we don't care. the violence is steeped in our culture. the young folks are being raised with violent games, youtube videos and experiences in their own lives that teach them that violence is how you get ahead.

i think it's hopeless.

the people who are upset over these killings are outnumbered.

Anonymous said...

Sympathies to the family of Ms Rivers. No matter the colour, it is sad to lose one so young.

Mold

Anonymous said...

FN. What is it that allows a otherwise intelligent person to become infantile over real world matters.

A couple of things immediately jump out at me upon reading your post. Your heart certainly seems in the right place, however I don't undersand your logic.

NRA spin control, they will win, shooting of folks who really matter.

You say this as if all the gun control laws reduce shootings and that the death of Cashae doesnt matter.

Well, look at Chicago in example. It's very difficult to legally own a gun, handguns are out of the question. Yet, every day criminals and thugs shoot little children and use guns for crime. The only ones impacted by gunlaws are those who follow them.

Why is writing about some politician more important to you then writing about Black on Black crime and the killing of someone like little Cashae? Would be great to see the community where she was raised and killed talk and take action with this ongoing and ever worsening issue.


Why are you so amazingly hypocritical and illogical when it comes to politics? The left is know for irrational hate speech and finger pointing name calling antics. For example, while you are illogically throwing mud at all of conservatives for a leftist whackjob shooting a congresswoman. Surely you do recall all of the vitriol and lies and hate speech from lets just say Obama himself?

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”


** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”


** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry! I’m angry!”


** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”


** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.“


** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat”


** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”


** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”

** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Hathor said...

anon 8:27

Is that all you got?

When all else fails, just say Black on Black Crime.

Anonymous said...

LACoincidental said...
Field you're right, we'll never have a serious discussion about Gun Control simply because most Americans are under the false belief that being armed to the teeth is somehow effective in protecting your family from a thief or "the evil government". Its not, statistically, you're more likely to shoot yourself or your sister than you are a burglar. And as Bill Maher quipped, a gloc's useless when Uncle Sam has tanks and napalm.

Your just plain silly. Do you have a clue? Lets have a serious discussion on gun control. Pick any urban city where gun control laws are severe. Lets say Chicago as that has already been brought up. Every time there is a major killing Daley wanted more gun control laws. The last time I found it funny, he wanted to ban the already banned handguns.


So, when law abiding citizens do not have the right to own a gun and protect themselves from thugs. Who has the guns and how does that work out? Hows violence been in the major cities?

Will increased gun control laws stop people from having guns?
Or just stop the thugs, who have and will continue to break the laws from worrying as everyone is an open target.

How is crime in RI where open carry without permit is legal?

Your thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Hathor said...
anon 8:27

Is that all you got?

When all else fails, just say Black on Black Crime.



Very intellectual of you. I guess all the other points were just to difficult to answer so you just pull out the one you don't like facing, so you wont have to face it again. Pathetic. I guess your right. No need to worry about Black on Black crime or killing of children. Keep on playing politics and blaming....whomever.

Thanks for highlighting what is truly wrong with our society.

uptownsteve said...

anon

"Would be great to see the community where she was raised and killed talk and take action with this ongoing and ever worsening issue."

If you knew anything about the black community you'd know that there are people talking about it incessantly.

Aren't you just saying that "you negroes don't have the right to criticize white folks until every ghetto is crime free"?

And what would you have "the community" do about violent crime that we don't pay the cops to do?

maria said...

What the Right Gains From Poisoning Our Political Discourse and Inspiring Violence

By Michael Winship / AlterNet

What the Right Gains From Poisoning Our Political Discourse and Inspiring Violence

Gifford's shooting, and the death and wounding of so many who came to meet with her, are just the latest example of ideologically-motivated bloodshed.


The Russian playwright Anton Chekhov had a rule: if you show a gun in the first act, by the time the curtain falls, it has to go off. For weeks and months, that gun, the weapon of angry rhetoric and intemperate rabblerousing, has been cocked and loaded in plain view on the American stage; Saturday morning outside a shopping mall in Tucson, Arizona, it went off again and again and again.

The target, Gabrielle Giffords, a member of the United States Congress, lays critically wounded, one of thirteen shot and still alive. Six others are dead, including a respected Federal judge who happened to be there but who previously had received death threats from anti-immigration extremists, a member of Congresswoman Giffords’ staff and a nine-year old girl, Christina-Taylor Green. Just elected to her school’s student council, she had been brought by a neighbor to Congresswoman Gifford’s constituent event so she could see how grown-ups put democracy into action.

Instead, this child -- born on 9/11 -- became just one of the latest victims of more political violence in America, violence fueled by an incoherent rage against government and elected officials who cannot instantly bring back prosperity and the jobs lost overseas or restore in a blink some idealized vision of a nation that might once have been but is no more. And all of it egged on by right wing leaders and their cronies lurking in the swampier reaches of the Internet, hate radio and television.

We now see the deadly effect. The root causes are many and less distinct: fear of the future and what it may or may not hold, hostility inflamed by the economic injustice and uncertainty that force too many to live from paycheck to paycheck without anything saved or the slightest guarantee of security -- a gnashing of teeth and sharpening of claws because others may have what you have not. Or this: the simple fact that there are just too many damned guns in this country. One in four Americans owns at least one. The NRA would order gun racks in the cradles of newborn infants if they could. Too many weapons are used not for hunting or target shooting or legitimate protection, but for combating feelings of inadequacy and weakness with fantasies of firepower -- fantasies that crazed gunmen too often try to make reality. That someone like Jared Lee Loughner can walk into a store and buy a weapon that fires 30 rounds a clip is probably not what the Founding Fathers had in mind when they talked about "a well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State."

maria said...

No one can prove that the vitriolic talk from the right was in the killer's mind as he carried out his attack, but no one can prove it wasn’t, either. So in the absence of evidence to support either side, why doesn't the right just volunteer to put an end to all the ballistic language and images it's been employing for many years now? Why not cease and desist if there's any doubt about the impact on lunatics of provocative violent-saturated words and images? Sarah Palin must have suddenly felt queasy about those crosshairs over Giffords’ congressional district that were still up on her website, because the mama grizzly, half-term governor took them down soon after the violence (although as of this writing they were still on her Facebook page). But then she sent an aide to do a radio show in which she agreed with the sympathetic interviewer that the crosshairs were more like “surveyors’ symbols”! Why prolong that kind of stuff? Why not just knock it off and apologize or simply shut up?

The fact is, it has been the right's goal to poison our political discourse for years. Remember the notorious “GOPAC Memo” back in the 1990’s, created for the Republicans’ leadership training institute and endorsed by Newt Gingrich? Titled "Language: A Key Mechanism of Control,” in it, candidates are instructed in what words to use when defining their opponents (i.e., liberals). "These are powerful words that can create a clear and easily understood contract,” the memo said. “Apply these to the opponent, their record, proposals, and their party” (in other words, demonize them).

12Next page »
http://www.alternet.org/teaparty/149469/what_the_right_gains_from_poisoning_our_political_discourse_and_inspiring_violence/

alicia banks said...

anon:

amen!

dems = repubs

hobama = king shrub

and ALL politicos speak hate!!!

http://athousandpointsofresistance.blogspot.com/2010/12/unhinged-left-sampling-of-destructive.html

alicia banks said...

ps:

i hate that we cannot imagine such silence if animals had died like flies globally under gwb....shame!!!!!!!

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=201817256339889828327.0004991bca25af104a22b&ll...=25.482951,-84.726562&spn=137.730785,12.304687&z=2&iwloc=0004991c3c9aaff072a0d


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/738494146/ufo--unexplained-freakish-occurrences---in-arkansas-lousiana-kentucky-japan-china%E2%80%A6/

Anonymous said...

la coincidental, you wrote:

And we can begin by calling out the right wing rabble rousers who make their living inciting this kind of madness - Limbaugh, Beck, Palin, O'Reilly, hell virtually everyone who is on Rupert Murdoch's pay role and the GOP leadership who hide behind these clowns for cover.

Yeah. The right-wing rabble rousers. As if these guys have a hot-line to the brains of young white males.

If you believe your own nonsense, which I'm sure you do, then you'll get out there and condemn the direct teachings of Islam and do your part to see that every imam in America, especially those working in prisons, are themselves locked up. Then we can start on rappers.

Or maybe you doubt there's a connection between islamic terrorism and islamic leaders, or that there's a connection between the black homicide rate and listening to thug rap.

maria said...

i meant to say cashae not christina. life is cheap. people don't care about anyone but themselves and making sure they "get their's."

maria said...

Anonymous said...
la coincidental, you wrote:

no slappz, why do you bother going "anon?" your hate of islam gives you away every time.

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity....that little girl was shot almost five years ago. Why did you choose to blog about her? There haven't been any more children killed in the crossfire in Philadelphia since then?

no_slappz said...

maria,

Something went wrong with my sign-in, which left me no choice but to check the "anon" box.

You can be sure I never try to hide my screen-name.

mellaneous said...

Field you know I believe that the violence that goes on in the hood and on the streets and the so-called justified violence of US intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Pakistan (drones) are tied together. It all stems from the same premise.

Imagine that its okay to kill at will your declared enemies without trial, without them having attacked you and somehow that attitude is somehow not picked up on by the greater society.

This government has admitted to torturing folks and are still doing it in secret CIA prisons in some parts of the world. They somehow thinks its okay to snatch folks off the street and take them away without trial in whats called "renditions" and this attitude of lawlessness by the State is not going to permeate the culture. Come on.

I'm not alone in thinking this, Check out what NY Times columnist Bob Herbert had to say in his column today. Here is an excerpt:

"...if we really wanted to cut down on the killings, we’d have to do two things. We’d have to radically restrict the availability of guns while at the same time beginning the very hard work of trying to change a culture that glorifies and embraces violence as entertainment, and views violence as an appropriate and effective response to the things that bother us.

Ordinary citizens interested in a more sane and civilized society would have to insist that their elected representatives take meaningful steps to stem the violence. And they would have to demand, as well, that the government bring an end to the wars overseas, with their terrible human toll, because the wars are part of the same crippling pathology...."

mellaneous said...

Field you know I believe that the violence that goes on in the hood and on the streets and the so-called justified violence of US intervention in Iraq, Afghanistan and now Pakistan (drones) are tied together. It all stems from the same premise.

Imagine that its okay to kill at will your declared enemies without trial, without them having attacked you and somehow that attitude is somehow not picked up on by the greater society.

This government has admitted to torturing folks and are still doing it in secret CIA prisons in some parts of the world. They somehow thinks its okay to snatch folks off the street and take them away without trial in whats called "renditions" and this attitude of lawlessness by the State is not going to permeate the culture. Come on.

I'm not alone in thinking this, Check out what NY Times columnist Bob Herbert had to say in his column today. Here is an excerpt:

"...if we really wanted to cut down on the killings, we’d have to do two things. We’d have to radically restrict the availability of guns while at the same time beginning the very hard work of trying to change a culture that glorifies and embraces violence as entertainment, and views violence as an appropriate and effective response to the things that bother us.

Ordinary citizens interested in a more sane and civilized society would have to insist that their elected representatives take meaningful steps to stem the violence. And they would have to demand, as well, that the government bring an end to the wars overseas, with their terrible human toll, because the wars are part of the same crippling pathology...."

no_slappz said...

What radio gasbag twisted the minds of these punks:

Racially motivated beating in upstate diner started by taunt over girl, suspect says

Barry Paddock and Bill Hutchinson
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Bronx resident Justin Tavarez has been charged in a diner beating. Related NewsBronx college student charged in racial attackBallet dancer busted on cocaine rapOne of three college students from New York City accused of a racially motivated beatdown at an upstate diner claims unrequited love sparked the fisticuffs.

The fight early Saturday started when the white victim and his black friend teased Justin Tavarez of the Bronx about being rejected by a girl he was flirting with, suspect Elijah Johnston of Brooklyn told his father.

The 42-year-old victim suffered a gash to his head when Tavarez, 19, bashed him with a plate and his pals began punching and kicking him, cops said.

Police say Tavarez, a Latino, became incensed when he saw the victim eating at Compton's Diner in Saratoga Springs with a black man and made racial comments.

Johnston's father, Keith, countered that his 18-year-old son, a basketball player at Skidmore College, tried to be the peacemaker.

"He never threw a punch," Keith Johnston said of his son.

Tavarez, 19, a sophomore at Skidmore, was arraigned in Saratoga Springs yesterday on felony assault and criminal mischief charges, both as hate crimes. He was released on $5,000 bail.

Johnston, Korvin Vincente, 19, of the Bronx and Sakhile Sithole, 20, of Saratoga Springs, were arraigned on misdemeanor assault charges and released on their own recognizance.

maria said...

AHAA! so i was right!

before you recently re-emerged under n-s i am sure you were posting anonymously. the comments were too similar. you're extremely predictable in your comments and your strategies to divert the discussion when you're losing.

no_slappz said...

mellaneous,

Your comment leads to two conclusions.

First, that because war involves killing, it's understandable that private citizens kill each other for no reason.

Second, goes to the idea of mind control. You're right there with Loughner. Close. He says the government is at work controlling minds.

But your pal Bob Herbert says the mind control is handled by everyone EXCEPT the government. Without saying it, he's saying that thug rap and the preaching of Islam are the two biggest mind-control games in town.

Meanwhile, Herbert is one of those dumb guys who thinks it's possible to round up the guns to stop the violence. What a bonehead.

Guns are relatively simple devices that are made world-wide. Well, almost. As far as I know there are no competent gun manufacturers in Islamic countries. But, muslims seem to have gotten beyond that obstacle by making big bombs to detonate in crowded places, as well as importing guns, like the AK-47, from a number of willing suppliers.

The problem is within the people who use guns to shoot other people.

mellaneous said...

Field sorry about the double post. But its kind of like the broken record that the Jewish fella plays on the blog daily. Its the same old lies rehashed and rehearsed.

It is absolutely dishonest to say that Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck and the several of the other more popular right wing talk show host don't have influence on the minds of fairly easily influenced white American males. And its not that hard to influence them in the wrong direction because they get help with that from school, the mass media and other organs of propaganda.

Its also not that hard to influence these folks because the majority of North Americans are anti-intellectual at worst and some are just plain intellectually lazy so they find it easier to let others think for them, rather than thinking for themselves. HOw many folks actually spend time reading and actually informing themselves?

Most depend on psuedo knowledge, which of course we are exposed to nearly daily on this blog.

If the talk show ideologues didn't have any influence or relevance they wouldn't be so popular. I have personally heard and even read on this blog direct quotes of non-sense spewed by some of these talking heads.

And the stories about Islam being related to violence can be told about Judaism and Christianity as well. Anyone who has read their holy books and yes, you know I have, can tell you that there are passages and even whole books dedicated to a kind of holy violence.

And I won't even start on the bloody history of Chrisitanty, most probably have forgotten about the crusades which was launched against the Muslims by the Christians.

Sometimes folks who continue to throw out half truths to support a narrow,bigoted and hateful agenda should simply be ignored.

no_slappz said...

maria,

As I said, I do nothing to hide my identity. When the sign-in system failed, I posted anonymously till I got the problem repaired.

Obviously I practice a style of posting that is easily recognizable.

Of course your aha-moment is another in your usual moments of silliness. Inasmuch as I post under a screen-name, I am posting anonymously. My screen-name has its own reputation, and I have a blog under the same name.

I suppose some people do post under multiple names or as anonymous while taking different positions on the same debate. Good for them. Fun is fun.

Anonymous said...

UTS "If you knew anything about the black community you'd know that there are people talking about it incessantly."

That's the problem with the Black Community: they talk and talk and talk...INCESSANTLY. Blacks have been talking for decades...much like you talk. But RARELY DO ANYTHING.

Isn't that why WE label ourselves as ALL TALK AND NO ACTION? Isn't that why non-Black Americans label us as ALL BARK AND NO ACTION?

Aren't we part of the reason the Repubs ended up in the House because Blacks talk, but RARELY VOTE? I am sure you know that FACT--Everybody else does.

However, we WILL DO for others outside our race-LIKE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. But we won't do anything for ourselves. Isn't that weird?

There could be only one reason for our weirdness:

Since no one else gives a damn about us, we might as well join them.

no_slappz said...

mellaneous, you wrote:

And the stories about Islam being related to violence can be told about Judaism and Christianity as well. Anyone who has read their holy books and yes, you know I have, can tell you that there are passages and even whole books dedicated to a kind of holy violence.

The Bible contains stories of violence. The Koran urges muslims to commit violence against non-muslims -- today -- and they do it.

Let me know when you hear the Pope urge Catholics to kill. Same goes for Protestant leaders.

Meanwhile, there are NO Christian theocracies in the world and we (America) do NOT derive our laws from the Bible. But every Islamic country practices some degree of Sharia Law.

The Koran is the basis for the legal system in Islamic nations, which means that women are virtual slaves, that it is legal to kill a woman who has "dishonored" her family and it is legal to execute a person for "blasphemy" -- saying something like Muhammad was a psychotic, child-raping pedophile who expanded the reach of Islam by murder, conquest and forced conversions.

Your ignorance on the difference between Islam and other world relgions is another sad fact that shows the total absence of knowledge in your comments.

Anonymous said...

Maria, "AHAA! so i was right!

before you recently re-emerged under n-s i am sure you were posting anonymously. the comments were too similar. you're extremely predictable in your comments and your strategies to divert the discussion when you're losing."

Thanks for figuring no_slappz out. You are a very insightful bright woman. I enjoy your comments..they are deep. ns is no match for you.

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

before you recently re-emerged under n-s i am sure you were posting anonymously. the comments were too similar.

Haaa. I had to re-read your comment so that I understood your point. I take your statement as high praise.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I stopped posting here fore a few months and only a few days ago did I resume my bad habit.

However, I gather from your comment that some anonymous poster appeared to be me. For that I am flattered by his/her desire to adopt, embrace, imitate, or emulate my style.

It's happened elsewhere. Nothing new, nevertheless, it tickles me when it happens.

mellaneous said...

I think the more appropriate question is what has twisted the mind of this Jewish fella.

I mean the young toughs who shoot and kill one another make a bit of sense because in their minds they have nothing to lose.

They know no matter how many lies are told or denials made, that they are not really wanted or welcomed in this society.

They know that part of the reason that they grew up in the ghetto was because the "powers that be" wanted them there.

Many of them know that even if they do all they are supposed to do they still may meet prejudice and bigotry at the door and they say, whats the use!

These kids are the products of generations of folks who have been left behind. Yes some didn't try hard enough, but the majority didn't have hurdling skills and didn't have the ability that some others had to overcome the obstacles of internalized hatred (stemming from their very real sense that society views them as second class) poverty and hopelessness.

And any amateur social psychologist can tell you that since the history of the world, oppressed folks have always been violent with one another. So what happens in our inner cities is no real surprise. And this violence is not the result of Hip HOp music which like all art is simply of a reflection and recording of their life's experience and their interpretation of their environment.

This violence rather is a direct result of the oppressive and discriminatory conditions they have been placed in. Deny it if you want, but its still true!

But the real question is what twisted this Jewish fella's mind that he is so preoccupied with highlighting their shortcomings, which again are to be expected given their condition and their environment.

The human thing to do would be to empathize, not make fun of their plight. My folks used to say, 'if you can't say anything good about a situation don't say anything at all.'

So what twisted this Jewish fellas mind who has according to him had all the advantages the world has to offer, he has worked on Wall Street, he can travel at will, and life seems to be good.

So what happened that he has become so jaded, hateful, dishonest and intolerant? And just as importantly what happened that he spends so much time among the folks he says he thinks so little of, yet can't resist hanging out on one of their kinds blogs.

I am not looking for an answer, I think I already know. But its clear that twisted is a more appropriate word for him since he is twisted without a real reason.

We all need redeeming it seems some more than others.

mellaneous said...

I think the more appropriate question is what has twisted the mind of this Jewish fella.

I mean the young toughs who shoot and kill one another make a bit of sense because in their minds they have nothing to lose.

They know no matter how many lies are told or denials made, that they are not really wanted or welcomed in this society.

They know that part of the reason that they grew up in the ghetto was because the "powers that be" wanted them there.

Many of them know that even if they do all they are supposed to do they still may meet prejudice and bigotry at the door and they say, whats the use!

These kids are the products of generations of folks who have been left behind. Yes some didn't try hard enough, but the majority didn't have hurdling skills and didn't have the ability that some others had to overcome the obstacles of internalized hatred (stemming from their very real sense that society views them as second class) poverty and hopelessness.

And any amateur social psychologist can tell you that since the history of the world, oppressed folks have always been violent with one another. So what happens in our inner cities is no real surprise. And this violence is not the result of Hip HOp music which like all art is simply of a reflection and recording of their life's experience and their interpretation of their environment.

This violence rather is a direct result of the oppressive and discriminatory conditions they have been placed in. Deny it if you want, but its still true!

But the real question is what twisted this Jewish fella's mind that he is so preoccupied with highlighting their shortcomings, which again are to be expected given their condition and their environment.

The human thing to do would be to empathize, not make fun of their plight. My folks used to say, 'if you can't say anything good about a situation don't say anything at all.'

So what twisted this Jewish fellas mind who has according to him had all the advantages the world has to offer, he has worked on Wall Street, he can travel at will, and life seems to be good.

So what happened that he has become so jaded, hateful, dishonest and intolerant? And just as importantly what happened that he spends so much time among the folks he says he thinks so little of, yet can't resist hanging out on one of their kinds blogs.

I am not looking for an answer, I think I already know. But its clear that twisted is a more appropriate word for him since he is twisted without a real reason.

We all need redeeming it seems some more than others.

Anonymous said...

Mellaneous, "And the stories about Islam being related to violence can be told about Judaism and Christianity as well. Anyone who has read their holy books and yes, you know I have, can tell you that there are passages and even whole books dedicated to a kind of holy violence."

What books in the Bible are dedicated solely to violence? Please list them. It should be easy for a hot-shot Christian Reverend like you, who defends other religions by trashing his own. Atheists must love you.

Anonymous said...

If you knew anything about the black community you'd know that there are people talking about it incessantly.

Aren't you just saying that "you negroes don't have the right to criticize white folks until every ghetto is crime free"?

And what would you have "the community" do about violent crime that we don't pay the cops to do?



Nonsense. As if one has to take precedence over the other.

What can the community do? Start standing up. When you act like its totally unnaceptable to be a thug and treat them that way, call the police. Get them off your streets. Then it will change. Until then.....keep looking outward to solve the problems within....nothign will change.

Anonymous said...

They know that part of the reason that they grew up in the ghetto was because the "powers that be" wanted them there.



The powers that be sir are YOU, YOU and thier uncles and aunts and cousins. Family and parenting or lack of it. No made up boogie man tells those kids its cool to be a thug, its cool to hate, its makes you better to blame rather then take charge of your own life and work hard and sacrifice to get out. No one teaches them other then YOU that your young men are not strong and capable, but rather should lay down now for they are victims of the Bookgeyman.

Why arent YOU teaching them to forego the immediate gratification of some paper when committing a crime and to toil and be diligent in taking advantage of everything this country has to offer rather then not doing so and then blaming some Boogeyman. What the hell kind of minister are you anyway? Do you like having a flock you feed instead of them feeding themselves? Are you really that morally corrupt that you teach hatred and racism instead of self accountability as all religions throughout history except Islam teach?

Disgusting. I hope you never meet any of my children. You would turn them into total losers looking for the next person to blame or give them a handout.

no_slappz said...

mellaneous, you wrote:

I mean the young toughs who shoot and kill one another make a bit of sense because in their minds they have nothing to lose.

They know no matter how many lies are told or denials made, that they are not really wanted or welcomed in this society.

They know that part of the reason that they grew up in the ghetto was because the "powers that be" wanted them there.

Many of them know that even if they do all they are supposed to do they still may meet prejudice and bigotry at the door and they say, whats the use!


Wow. In four short paragraphs you deliver the Mind Control Excuse for Everything.

mellaneous said...

Anon I am not trashing my religion I simply am pointing out that all
religions have some history they are not proud of.

Practically all religions have their shortcomings. I was trying to point out the absurdity of picking on Islam when Christianity has been used to justify all kinds of ill treatment and violence in the world.

Some examples:
Chattel slavery was justified by the Bible according to some folks, the KKK's founders claimed to be Christian; black folks were deemed second class according to many who sort to justify their mistreatment and racial prejudice; Manifest Destiny, the idea that God had blessed the immigrant whites, over the native Indians was backed by some folks interpretation of scripture; some folks use the Bible to justify second class status for women and yes some folks use the scripture to relegate homosexuals to second class status.

I am not ashamed to say that I am a Christian and that I love God. But that doesn't make me close my eyes to the evil done in the name of God, by all sorts of religous types throughout history.

And the books of Joshua and Judges are as bloody as they come and they relay how Yahweh instructed the Isrealites in some cases to kill all of the inhabitants of the Canaanite cities they were to attack and inhabit. Since you are obviously Biblically literate you are familiar with the cities of Jericho and Ai.

I have a different interpretation of this violence,but most conservative Christians read this as justification for violence by the oppressors rather than the oppressed. Many think these passages justify the violence of the US government.

no_slappz said...

mellaneous,

The Bible, like the Koran, is a book of fiction.

Meanwhile, as I said, no democracy -- the US, for example -- makes law based on the Bible, unless you want to claim that laws against murder are taken from the 10 commandments.

The Islamic world has codified the Koran into law. Try selling a Bible to a muslim in Saudi Arabia. Then try the same pitch on a muslim in the US.

Do you think you will have the same experience in both countries?

In America the fictional contents of the Bible are irrelevant to the law of the land. It is irrelevant that crackpots align themselves with the Bible. Though members of the KKK might have tried to present themselves as good Christians, their delusion is irrelevant.

As we know, claiming in court that a criminal act was done on behalf of Christianity has never swayed a jury. Whereas every despicable act you can imagine is legally permissible in Islamic countries -- including rape of pre-pubescent girls.

On the other hand, in Islamic theocracies, homosexuality is a crime punishable by death -- today. Right now.

Islam prohibits Free Speech, prohibits freedom of Religion, prohibits pluralism, prohibits democracy, prohibits capitalism and it permits slavery.

Why blacks defend Islam is almost as mystifying as why women defend it.

Take notice of the fact that NOTHING is invented in Islamic nations?

Why? Because technical creativity is an affront to Muhammad, which means it is not permitted. Islamic nations import everything because they are incapable of accomplishing more than simple tasks, like stitching clothing that is sold in other nations, like the US.

The goal of Islam is to take the world back to the 7th century of Muhammad. Yemen is close. Other Islamic nations are on their way.

By the way, the Communist Manifesto is still a best-seller in Turkey and Indonesia.

Anonymous said...

I have a different interpretation of this violence,but most conservative Christians read this as justification for violence by the oppressors rather than the oppressed. Many think these passages justify the violence of the US government.



Mell, What about living in reality. WHo is performing violence today, right now and always has? Islam. WHo still follows old scriptures and lives them today? Is it christianity or Islam?

Who is literally murdering people for thier religion now and considers your type an enemy to be killed? Is it your faith or Islam? What news sources do you see that reality is so skewed and or non existent? Look at these, just from todays headlines.

Machete attack in Nigeria. Kills 13 christian women, children and men in the christian village of Huru station. Soldiers on scene either did not help or took part in the persecutions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/11/AR2011011102364.html


Pakistan has the death penalty for insulting Islam. You know such things as mentioning christianity, jesus, ham..... So they executed a governor who simply criticised laws requiring execution for blasphemy.

Benedict XVI urged the Islamic nation to repeal the legislation — which carries the death penalty for insulting Islam — a week after the shooting of the governor of Punjab, who had criticised the laws.

Now based on that , Farid Paracha, the leader of Jamaat-i-Islami, the most powerful Islamic party in the nation, said: “The Pope’s statement is an insult to Muslims across the world.” or blasphemy.

I hope they don't declare holy war on the pope or christians...oh wait, they already have done that.

Wake up and stop being the enemy within.

Anonymous said...

Mell...

Another Islamic dandy headline just in.


Life sentences for a muslim imam and his son. You see, they were arrested and charged with blasphemy for removing a poster outside their grocery shop advertising an Islamic event in a nearby village which allegedly contained Koranic verses.


Mohammad Shafi, 45, and his son Mohammad Aslam, 20, were arrested in April last year for removing a poster outside their grocery shop advertising an Islamic event in a nearby village which allegedly contained Koranic verses.

Judge Mohammad Ayub, heading an anti-terrorism court in the central Pakistani town of Muzaffargarh, handed down a life sentence to the pair on Monday, his assistant Faisal Karim told AFP by telephone.

Isn't Islam grand.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hilez3IoqrKMo5AYMXfLQWDePQxg?docId=CNG.3205316d13599edefd0717bc53354246.4d1

maria said...

uh, sorry but no compliment.

to say someone comes off like you is to say there's more than one xenophobic, jingoist, racist muslim/islam hater who posts here.

oh, and a liar, too.

i also see a few more anon posts today from you. having trouble again?

no_slappz said...

mellaneous, you ought to consider what has happened in the name of Islam over the last several decades. And then consider how Islamic leaders would respond if they were the targets. Consider...

The first attempted assassination of Pope John Paul II took place on Wednesday, May 13, 1981, in St. Peter's Square at Vatican City.

The Pope was shot and critically wounded by Mehmet Ali Ağca, a Turk who was a trained sniper. The Pope was struck 4 times, and suffered severe blood loss.

Ağca was apprehended immediately, and later sentenced to life in prison by an Italian court. The Pope later forgave Ağca for the assassination attempt.


Is it in the realm of reality to think that Islamic leaders would forgive someone who wounded the king of Saudi Arabia?

By the way, the King of Saudi Arabia is having dinner tonight with Obama at the Waldorf in NY City.

As we know the psychotic followers of this insane religion/political doctrine/military would decapitate that person just as other muslims decapitated Daniel Pearl.

Your ignorance is troubling because you desperately want to remain ignorant.

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

uh, sorry but no compliment.

It's irrelevant that YOU were not offering me a compliment. But by telling me I have imitators, you were the messenger of the compliment coming from those imitators. Till you mentioned it, I had no idea.

to say someone comes off like you is to say there's more than one xenophobic, jingoist, racist muslim/islam hater who posts here.

Meanwhile, I can see you are at the dumb end of the Bell Curve.

Never have I made a xenophobic statement. I have always supported the concept of people coming to the US. But I oppose illegal entry.

I'll accept the jingoistic label. Meanwhile, if you think Islam is just another religion, you're too dumb to grasp the obvious. I do oppose Islam. It is bad, as 1,400 years of Islamic history testify.

oh, and a liar, too.

Inasmuch as I am an anonymous person on a message board, there is no point to lying. I have nothing to protect.

i also see a few more anon posts today from you. having trouble again?

Today is the only day I've ever posted as "anonymous" on this site, because today is the only day I have been unable to sign-in with my screen-name.

You have that problem that afflicts some females, most blacks and all muslims -- you believe everything you imagine is a fact.

Anonymous said...

"i meant to say cashae not christina."

I don't believe you, you lying racist twit.

uptownsteve said...

Quick question Slappy,

Who assassinated Yitzak Rabin?

a. A muslim

b. A black

c. A jew

Jeopardy music....................

maria said...

you state stuff that isn't true and call it fact.

that makes you a liar.

and to anon, sorry, your opinion means nothing to me. you have the right to be wrong.

uptownsteve said...

Analnon

"What can the community do? Start standing up. When you act like its totally unnaceptable to be a thug and treat them that way, call the police. Get them off your streets. Then it will change. Until then.....keep looking outward to solve the problems within....nothign will change."

Empty rhetoric. You are talking about poor urban communities that are comprised of people mrely trying to survive let act as policemen.

How do you propose them getting armed criminals off their street?

What do you mean by "standing up"?

Why don't you go down the 'hood and show them how to do it?

no_slappz said...

uptownsteve askes:

Who assassinated Yitzak Rabin?

A Jewish citizen of Israel.

Is there is point to your rhetorical question, or are you in another confused daze today?

However, on that note, "who" assassinated Robert Kennedy?

Are you, as usual, desperate to get away from the fact that in the US each year over 8,000 blacks are murdered by other blacks?

But you think you've hit the jackpot because an Israeli Jew assassinated Rabin.

Yesterday there were two murders in NY City. Based on your willful ignorance, it will surprise you to learn that the killers and victims were -- drumroll -- Dark-Americans.

One case involved the murder of a 14-year-old boy at fried-chicken place in the Bronx -- 219th St and White Plains Road.

Shot in the chest at 6 pm. Three Dark-Americans then fled the scene on foot. Probably forgot their bicycles.

Another corpse was found in Red Hook. A third shooting victim was shot and wounded in a botched robbery at Lenox Ave and 113th st.

Just another day in Blackmerica.

uptownsteve said...

Yeah Slappy,

I'm frightened to death of my black neighbors.

I don't know who scares me more.

The accountant, the dentist or the Secret Service agent.

LMAO!!!!

Let me ask you something.

What do you think you're accomplishing by hurling racial crime statistics at black folks who are clearly your superiors?

I guess it just makes a loser like you "feel" good.

Anonymous said...

uptownsteve said...
Analnon

"What can the community do? Start standing up. When you act like its totally unnaceptable to be a thug and treat them that way, call the police. Get them off your streets. Then it will change. Until then.....keep looking outward to solve the problems within....nothign will change."

Empty rhetoric. You are talking about poor urban communities that are comprised of people mrely trying to survive let act as policemen.

How do you propose them getting armed criminals off their street?

What do you mean by "standing up"?

Why don't you go down the 'hood and show them how to do it?



I understand you wouldnt understand what being a man and "standing up" means.

It's real easy dumbass. Go to any non black neighborhood and see what they do if a child is harmed, not killed just harmed. Then try it.

Do your men get angry and pissed when they see thugs harrassing women? Mine do. Those thugs are run out of the neigborhood. Do your women call the cops when they see drug dealers on corners and crack houses open up? Mine do. Is it dangerous? Yes, but anything in life is worthwhile takes some risk. Do thugs threaten you and then you are so a-skared that you let them hook and kill your babies?

What a weak useless man you are if you let that happen to your children.

Yeah, yeah, I know. The po peoples is just tryin to serbibe..they cants do anything else so they lets all dem criminals walk all over dem and lordy noes, dey kill you and your chillun, so be a pussy and dont rat.... Your a useless waste of life.

So if its not you and or the community where you live responsibility to keep it worthy of living in. Whos responsibility is it? Cant be the police for Black communities hate those racist pigs too dont they?

Damn what a fucked up culture you have.

Anonymous said...

uptownsteve said...
Yeah Slappy,

I'm frightened to death of my black neighbors.

I don't know who scares me more.

The accountant, the dentist or the Secret Service agent.

LMAO!!!!

Let me ask you something.

What do you think you're accomplishing by hurling racial crime statistics at black folks who are clearly your superiors?

I guess it just makes a loser like you "feel" good


Now how can a man who can never face nor discuss facts, needing to constantly slip into foundationless rhetoric be a threat to anyone but himself?

You sir are a intellectual midget. You are though, good for a chuckle. I am not your enemy, but if I were, I would love a person like you. Deluded superiority while all falls down around him.

uptownsteve said...

Analnon

"It's real easy dumbass. Go to any non black neighborhood and see what they do if a child is harmed, not killed just harmed. Then try it."

Oh you mean like Cayley Anthony, Derek and Alex King, AMy Mihalevic, Jenny Ertman and awww you get the picture?

How did the John Wayne neighbors rise up against the predators WHOM THEY KNEW HARMED THEIR KIDS????

You're full of shit Jethro. And all mouth. As a matter of fact it wouldnt surprise me if you were one of the child molesters.

In my 90% black neighborhood the kids are protected and safe because there are alpha males and nuclear families there to protect it.

In the hood you don't have that. You have old folks, women and kids. The males are generally caught up in the streets or the justice system as soon as they hit adolescence. And the cycle perpetuates itself.

Anonymous said...

"uptownsteve said...

In the hood you don't have that. You have old folks, women and kids. The males are generally caught up in the streets or the justice system as soon as they hit adolescence. And the cycle perpetuates itself."

4:15 PM


So, seriously....then what IS the "cure", or "remedy"?

Anonymous said...

Why won't maria go away, please make it stop.

mellaneous said...

Field has anybody wondered aloud why the press is not calling the deranged Tucson shooter a terrorist? Aren't most terrorist considered a little crazy, and anytime there has been violence with a political edge it has been quickly labeled a terrorist act.

Would this restraint have been in place had the shooter been a practioner of Islam or if he looked like he was an Arab?

And whats with the craziness that keeps getting repeated on this blog.

--Talking about racism does not make one a racist, no more than talking about violence makes one violent. Its one of the more ridiculous things said by people who at bottom don't want to hear about or admit that racism still exists in this country.

-- And the other maddening assertion that the majority of practioners of Islam are violent is just as unfounded. But it does have propaganda value. If all the Muslims are bad and Islam is a "gutter" religion then clearly you can do anything to anyone who practices it since we know that they are all violent.

Why do folks refuse to see whats obvious and what most know to be true? The history of Islam is strewn with violence and crazy prohibitions and prejudice wrapped in religous doctrine just as Judaism and Christianity and Buddhism and Hinduism has been.

Bastardized strands of cults and fake orthodoxy have always used religion to pursue evil and anti-religous ends.

No one really believes that someone who says they are Christian but does everything that is antithetical to Christianity is really a Christian. Of do we?

Folks we really need to pause and examine these narrow biases, they don't lead to anything that is good.

Ultimately we have to judge every human being by what they do or don't do, not by the behaviour of a renegade few and certainly not by preconceived notions about what folks who look like them or worship like them do.

If this keeps up we can look forward to a future filled with barbarism!

alicia banks said...

the buybull is filled with violence

especially against women!


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/733349822/top-10-biblical-myths-about-homosexuals/


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732464211/what-would-jesus-dojesus-would-love-this-book/


http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/732464048/biblical-laws-for-homohating-cherry-pickers/


sadly. most people lie about the buybull as incessantly as hobama lies about ALL!

shame!!!

http://aliciabanks.xanga.com/738910262/hobamas-state-of-the-union-address-2010---2011--same-lies-different-year/

no_slappz said...

Girls just want to have fun...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/florida/police-probe-wild-melee-caught-tape

eumenidis said...

"When all else fails, just say Black on Black Crime."

Why in the name of commonsense is anyone surprised that when a large population of people of desperately poor are concentrated in a small area with little means or opportunity to improve their condition or escape, & surrounded by better off people indifferent or hostile to them, that the poor prey on each other? I guarantee you, in Europe from the Middle Ages till the 20th century, it was poor *white* on white crimes & violence.

& don't take my word for it, trot down to your local library & research it yourself; you can get access to almost anything through inter-library loan, & you don't have to be a historian to get it.

Anonymous said...

LowDown Steve said.....

Oh you mean like Cayley Anthony, Derek and Alex King, AMy Mihalevic, Jenny Ertman and awww you get the picture?

How did the John Wayne neighbors rise up against the predators WHOM THEY KNEW HARMED THEIR KIDS????

You're full of shit Jethro. And all mouth. As a matter of fact it wouldnt surprise me if you were one of the child molesters.

In my 90% black neighborhood the kids are protected and safe because there are alpha males and nuclear families there to protect it.

In the hood you don't have that. You have old folks, women and kids. The males are generally caught up in the streets or the justice system as soon as they hit adolescence. And the cycle perpetuates itself.

4:15 PM



Yeah Okay Leroy,
Your logic once again is pitiful. I couldnt possibly list all the names of black yung'ns killed just in 2010. There is a limit on the number of characters for each post. The question wasnt to see if you can find a few poor children who were abducted and then dont answer anything about your point of eternal victimhood in the hood.

So there are no good Black Males in those poor neighborhoods? They are all out on the streets and committing crimes. I get ya. You really are a racist dumbass aren't you?

Then oh so typical, infer I am a child molester. Yes, you are a sad, sad man. Are you projecting again?

So, genius. How do you break the cycle? If in poor black neighborhoods there are only women and children and as you said the young men are out committing crimes how do you break the cycle? Let some Italians, Irish, Chinese, Korean etc move in to upgrade the neighborhood? Why can all these races come from even worse poverty and get out, when Blacks cannot? Why mr Big mouth moron? Why?

So in your own words, Black Males in the hood should never be trusted, they are all out in the streets. Where are their parents? It doesnt take money to instill a sense of pride and parenting to arming children with skills that no one can ever take away. It takes parenting and work. It isnt easy having and being responsible for kids. Thats why this is usually reserved for adults who are ready to guide little ones. Where are the parents Leroy? Where? Any other excuses numbnuts?

no_slappz said...

uptownsteve, you wrote:

I'm frightened to death of my black neighbors.

As we know, in NY City when crime -- blacks committing crimes in white neighborhoods -- reached a certain threshold, whites left the city -- white flight.

As we also know, for the same reasons there was black flight.

As we know, after a while the crime got to you. Your black neighborhood went too far down hill and you couldn't take it anymore, so you moved to some boring suburb and now pat yourself on the back for getting out of town.

no_slappz said...

eumenidis, you wrote:

I guarantee you, in Europe from the Middle Ages till the 20th century, it was poor *white* on white crimes & violence.

Two points. In the middle ages there were no food stamps, project housing, or free schools. Disease and starvation were true threats to the poor.

Today, in America, in the poor sections of America, in the black communities of America, one of the biggest problems is obesity.

The hardships of the middle ages are just that -- the troubles during a primitive time arising from inefficient farming and limited healthcare knowledge. Sounds like Africa today.

What was Africa like in the middle ages? Inasmuch as no black Africans could read or write, there's no written records of events or daily life. In the sub-Saharan region no one was keeping a log. No one could. Of course that's one reason blacks are trying to backfill centuries of black history with wild claims of magnificent cultures and advanced societies that somehow inexplicably vanished like the dinosaurs.

However, we do know that cannabalism was real. Thus, while English serfs may have pilfered a few sheep, it's pretty likely some African tribal warrior was boiling his enemy for dinner. Not that either situation matters today.

Carolyn said...

Gee Field can you block "No slappz".
I was going to suggest that we all ignore his vile rantings but his comments sully everything especially that last one.

Yep, I know it's your show and I respect that.

Just a suggestion....

Rudy said...

Since we are in the "moment of silence" mode, let's have a moment of silence for Baltimore City Police Officer William H. Torbit Jr.

The officer was in plain clothes and on duty while he was shot by his "fellow officers."

A black man operating as an undercover officer takes his life in his own hands.

APOI said...

":15 PM

Anonymous said...
"uptownsteve said...

In the hood you don't have that. You have old folks, women and kids. The males are generally caught up in the streets or the justice system as soon as they hit adolescence. And the cycle perpetuates itself."

4:15 PM


So, seriously....then what IS the "cure", or "remedy"?

4:50 PM

I was wondering if anyone was gonna give this one a "shot" I would have been interested. But, I soppose not.

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about this tragedy since it's happened, and your blog is the first one that indicates that the little girl killed in Tuscon was black. No other story, even on the most liberal blogs, even mentioned that fact.