Saturday, August 28, 2010

I feel better already.


Tomorrow should be a great day in A-merry-ca. The churches will be full. Black folks will go to white churches and vice- versa. There will be none of this, or this, or this. It will be a new day. Why? Because we have restored our honor, and there has been a spiritual awakening. Thank you Glen Beckkk, we couldn't have done it without you.

I think Beckkk outdrew half of Rev. Inc. today, but that was to be expected, he does have millions of brain dead listeners and viewers every day for his media franchise. Poor half of Rev. Inc., he has to get it where he can. His radio show -god bless him- probably barely reaches a fraction of the audience that Beckkk has. So the numbers today didn't surprise anyone. (The wingnuts will tell you that there was enough people there to fill up every NFL stadium in A-merry-ca. Don't believe the hype.) I saw a melanin challenged AARP parade; I saw the guns and god crowd; and I saw the various slave catchers on stage jigging to keep the restless throng entertained. (Some of you Negroes will always have a place in A-merry-ca, because some white folks just love to be entertained by you. ) The race placement was in full effect. Indian? Check. Black? Check. Asian? Check. Latino? Check. I swear it looked like the "It's a Small World" exhibit at Disney World up on that stage. Now if the actual crowd only reflected the race placement diversity, they would have been on to something. Still, to be fair, some of you slave catchers saw the "I HAVE A SCHEME" rally for what it was, and you didn't bite. Good for you. You understood who the messenger was, and you couldn't, in good conscience, sit there and listen to the message that he delivered:

"This is a day that we can start the heart of America again,"... it has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with God. Everything [with] turning our face back to the values and the principles that made us great."

"Back to the values...that made us great"? You mean like the ones that said it's cool to enslave people because they weren't really people ? Those values? Sorry, I think I will pass. Whenever I hear certain folks talk about going "back" to the good ole days, it makes me a little nervous. I will just keep it pushing forward if you don't mind.

"I too have a dream," she said. "I have a dream that America will pray and God will forgive us our sins."

Alveda, now on that we can agree.

Overall it was a good day for a rally. The black parade didn't clash with the white one; white folks left chocolate city in one piece; and honor has been restored to A-merry-ca. I knew that some good would come out of Obama's presidency.

124 comments:

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Repent means to change your way of thinking! So, does Beck, Palin, Fox, and all of those who have been parading around with those pictures despicting the President as Hitler, a witch doctor, and those pictures of the President's daughter pregnant are they gonna to repent. Because when you say turn back to God, the first couple of steps towards that is confess and repent. Next is make an about face and turn from doing those things and stop it.

So now, that is my question to Beck, Palin, and the rest of those who have went out of their way to denigrate minorities and the President. BTW, in addition, there is also scripture that deals with people going against their king, and the President fits in under that too, because he is our leader. They are supposed to be praying for him and for the Lord to give him wisdom to make the right decision.

Therefore, until they confess and repent of those things, that speech didn't mean diddly squat to me. When Beck and Palin do that, I'll take their message into consideration. Until then...

Gregory said...

I watched a few minutes of Beck's performance and I have to wonder, is Beck merely a Grifter Extraordinaire or is he does he actually believe his delusions of messianic glory?

R.J. said...

Restore America to what? I know my place in society and it's neither in the back of a bus or tied to a fence and left to die like Matthew Shepherd. We are not going back. Never.

Anonymous said...

"Good for you. You understood who the messenger was, and you couldn't, in good conscience, sit there and listen to the message that he delivered:

"This is a day that we can start the heart of America again,"... it has nothing to do with politics. It has everything to do with God. Everything [with] turning our face back to the values and the principles that made us great.""

There is NOTHING in the above quote that is negative. It's all good. Now, if you have a problem with the messenger to the extent that you can't separate the message from the messenger, then nothing said by anyone will make a difference to you. Because your mind is colored by your own selfish prejudices, which are the same prejudices you are accusing Beck of.

Face it. 'Some' of you folks are on 'lock-down' inside yourselves because of who you think the messenger is. Consequently, you see nothing good and you must justify and rationalize your ugly thoughts that continue to cause divisions and keep people caught in a trap that cannot be sprung.

While I do have some misgivings about Beck, it is foolish to make everything he delivered today as all wrong, all deceit, and all hatred when you have plenty of it yourself.

That is being a self-righteous bible thumping phony claiming you are a Christian who follows God's Way of Life. You don't.

field negro said...

"There is NOTHING in the above quote that is negative. It's all good. Now, if you have a problem with the messenger to the extent that you can't separate the message from the messenger, then nothing said by anyone will make a difference to you."

You sound like a good Christian person, so I have a question for you: If the devil told you to love your neighbor and go to a CERTAIN church every Sunday would you do it?

Anonymous said...

What a bitter, childish, racist rant Field.

If Black faces were underepresented in that crowd, it is in part due to people like you who spread false charges of racism to keep your brothers and sisters firmly on the plantation.

Ask yourself, who does this great racial divide benefit? How does keeping blacks scared and isolated maintain this divide? What's your contribution to this process?

field negro said...

Oh, and another question, before I forget: Why is it that we need to "retore honor" to A-merry-ca after the first Af. American Prez.?
Didn't she need her honor restored before as well?

I am just asking. :)

RiPPa said...

I hope they make this Whitestock... oops, I meant Woodstock type affair going each year from here on out.

Next year having mud people would be cool. Those slave-catchers may not feel so lonely then.

Anonymous said...

I see CF is back.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"There is NOTHING in the above quote that is negative. It's all good. Now, if you have a problem with the messenger to the extent that you can't separate the message from the messenger, then nothing said by anyone will make a difference to you. Because your mind is colored by your own selfish prejudices, which are the same prejudices you are accusing of..."

"Some' of you folks are on 'lock-down' inside yourselves because of who you think the messenger is."

Did you say the same thing when Farrahkhan gave a good message at the "Million Man March?"

Gregory said...

Whitestock? LOL, good one, RiPPa.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

"You sound like a good Christian person, so I have a question for you: If the devil told you to love your neighbor and go to a CERTAIN church every Sunday would you do it?"

Field, I am not sure what YOUR view of a 'good' Christian is, considering you are constantly knocking Christianity. Let's just say I strive to do the 'next right thing' in my life.

I don't believe in the devil, so your question doesn't apply to me. However, anyone who says "love your neighbor" knows what they are talking about, whether it's the devil, Beck or even you.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

BTW, why were they booing Alveda in the background a few times, especially when she mentioned ending racism? I heard them booing her. In fact, she had to pause to get her focus back.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"Let's just say I strive to do the 'next right thing' in my life."

Like condemning others to hell and judging folks, especially those you have never laid eyes on before?

Anonymous said...

Granny, "Did you say the same thing when Farrahkhan gave a good message at the "Million Man March?""

Yes I did. I thought the 'message' Farrakhan delivered was right. In fact, Farrakhan has said quite a few wise profound things during his day. Of course, we're right back to same problem that you have with Beck...unable to discern the message from the messenger. That always happens when you have a deep-seated prejudice against the messenger..you can't hear what he is saying for noticing who he is.

Basically, it is a human problem that most have that keeps getting in the way of communication and hearing what the other is 'really' saying.

Anonymous said...

Beck is good at what he does. You have to give him credit for that. Now the next step is what? Another lesson on patriotism followed by telling his flock they need to foolow the teachings of his 'God' Joseph Smith?

Anonymous said...

Granny, "Like condemning others to hell and judging folks, especially those you have never laid eyes on before?"

I am not God, so I don't condemn people to hell. You might take a look at your own comments before you start throwing judgment stones at others.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Now see, Anonymous, we do agree on a few things.

But I have one question for you, did you by any chance read the comment I posted on the prior topic regarding Beck's speech? Because I granny am all for honor, integrity, and faith. Yes suh!

However, like Field said, "Why is it that we need to "retore honor" to A-merry-ca after the first Af. American Prez.? Didn't she need her honor restored before as well?"

What has President Obama did that has caused this country to lose their honor and integrity, can you answer that for me?

field negro said...

"I don't believe in the devil, so your question doesn't apply to me."

Well you are not a Christian. Where is ISEEISEE when you need her?

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Okay, once again, anonymous I'm gonna ask you this question:

What has President Obama did that has caused this country to lose their honor and integrity, can you answer that for me?

Because wasn't that what Beck and Palin rally was about?

Anonymous said...

I went to both rallies and it was quite the interesting day. The Beck rally was what you'd expect, pseudo-Black preachers and choirs and a sea of white people. I got a few comments about my sign "Dr. King fought and died for social justice". Most just said it was a different kind of social justice back then and then I debated a nice woman who had actually read Dr. King's papers and was knowledgable about the civil rights movement. I had to stop debating when she went on the whole Obama is a radical rant and said she believed only about 0.5% of people disliked him due to his color. I can accept 5-10% but 0.5%??????????? That is downright delusional. After that debate Al Jezeera TV interviewed me. I wonder why they picked me;-) Interesting day. After that I joined my dad for the Sharpton march. I'm proud people of all ages made the entire march in the hot sun.
PilotX.

Anonymous said...

"What has President Obama did that has caused this country to lose their honor and integrity, can you answer that for me?"

It's not about Obama, he is just the current face of a government grown completely out of control. His ideas come straight from 1980, and are completely backwards from what is needed in 2010.

It seems people on this site would support the devil himself if his skin was dark enough.

Anonymous said...

Pilotx, good thing you spoke up now, we will remember its you when FN blasts that one "house negro" who did the interview in the beckkk rally.

Anonymous said...

Diana Ross died. RIP.

Anonymous said...

.
.
.
.
.
Syke... My bad

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"It's not about Obama, he is just the current face of a government grown completely out of control."

It's not about Obama, huh? Okay, but in the same sentence you said that he is the face of the government grown completely out of control. Therefore, it is about him since he is the face of the government and you've unconsciously admitted it yourself.

"It seems people on this site would support the devil himself if his skin was dark enough."

Every single president in the history of America has been a "white male" with the exception of President Obama. Black folks help vote those "white male" before President Obama in the office of the President. Blacks never once focused in on the color of those white Presidents skin color when they went and cast their votes. They picked the candidate of their choice. Because they were white no one questioned blacks about their choice of candidate being because they felt that the white president of their choice was who they thought the best man for the job. However, President Obama happen to be a black man and because of his skin color, blacks had to have chose him because of his skin color not his qualifications.

The only ones who concentrated and focused on the color of President Obama's skin being the reason he was chose among blacks have been those who came out with the denigrating stereo type signs...witch doctor, watermelon and chicken foodstamps, etc.

Bush was in office eight long years. Him and his cronies nearly ran America into the ground. Facts of business we are still feeling the backlash from his policies of Corporate welfare and tax-cuts for the rich who were given fat tax refund checks that were instrumental in draining our national treasure.

Yet and still, you claim that us black folks would vote for the devil himself if his skin was dark enough. Smh! Child...I wouldn't exactly call those last eight years blessings from heaven.

Speaking of those denigrating signs of the President, it was not just an insult to the President, it was an insult to black people as a whole. Because those were stereotypes used in the past to denigrate black folks as a whole!

Anonymous said...

Granny, "Okay, once again, anonymous I'm gonna ask you this question:

What has President Obama did that has caused this country to lose their honor and integrity, can you answer that for me?"

I assume you were addressing me since you asked me first. So, I'll give my answer to you:

Honor, Faith and Integrity are noble qualities for humans to strive for at all times regardless of who is President. America has been in search of those qualities since its birth. As an imperfect human being I will never do it perfectly.

I am glad Beck is speaking about those spiritual qualities whether he sincerly means it or not. I really have no way of knowing that. I DO know that I agree with him that America is sliding down a slope when it comes to honesty, integrity and definitely Faith.

And if we don't start to embrace those qualities America is headed for even darker times. Yes, Beck sees Obama as an incompetent President who doesn't care about the people, and is leading the country straight to hell. In all honesty, I cannot say that Beck is right or wrong. Whether Beck is a racist or not, I don't care...He is who he is and the only one who change Beck is Beck himself. So I see no point in wasting my life away being obsessed with Beck.

Regardless, what Beck said today was something I believe ALL Americans are "dreaming" about. AS a nation we are hungry for Honesty, Integrity and Faith in a power much greater than human power. Whether that message comes from the tea party, Beck, the GOP, conservatives, or anybody else...it needed to be said. Hence, I am glad Beck said it.

We need honor, integrity and faith to penetrate the national consciousness of America. Today turned out to be a perfect day for saying it. And I don't think God is upset because Beck said it.

I think some of the resentment toward Beck is very poisonous to those who feed on it. It creates a sickness that leads to a blinding soul-sickness. If I should die tomorrow, I don't want to have to explain to God that I spent the life he gave me hating and finding fault with Beck. IMO, God would be very saddened by that.

So, there you are, Granny.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Thank you Anonymous 12:52 for answering my question.

Anonymous said...

Field, "Well you are not a Christian. Where is ISEEISEE when you need her?"

You sound like you have had some bad experiences with a brand of Christianity similar to the one ISEEISEE belongs to.

Was it that bad?

Trapped in SC said...

87,000 pasty-ass wingnuts came to Washington today.

I could have sworn 300,000 pasty-ass wingnuts were coming.

If you're going to take America back, your going to need more people than that.

That is all.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"I don't want to have to explain to God that I spent the life he gave me hating and finding fault with Beck. IMO, God would be very saddened by that."

However, there are a few things I'd like for you to clarify for me.

So, you don't think that people should call Beck out on his mess?

And because people call him out on his mess which is extremely poisonous that means they're hating on him in your opinion?

So, should we just turn a blind eye to the poisonous he spreads?

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

*poison* in last question.

Coffee and cigarettes said...

hate to break it to you anon but honor, faith and integrity do not go in the same sentence with glenn beck. integrity and glenn beck is an oxymoron. at best he is a simple minded paranoid fool with alot of prejudice. at worst he is a cunning racist, and dishonorable hypocrite with a severe personality disorder; screaming 'etlitist' at others while cashing in his annual 30 million check..bashing social justice while claiming to worship jesus..pretending to admire dr king when he is exactly the type that called him a communist when he was alive (you know kind of like when he called obama a socialist..and a nazi..and racist..and every other idiotic comparison that can only come from a simple mind or a very cunning mind looking to make money off of the simple minds). if you think glenn beck could represent honor, faith and integrity than you clearly need to check what those words actually mean.

Anonymous said...

Granny, "So, you don't think that people should call Beck out on his mess?

And because people call him out on his mess which is extremely poisonous that means they're hating on him in your opinion?

So, should we just turn a blind eye to the poisonous he spreads?"


What Beck says is not poisonous to me. What would be poisonous to me is to be on hyper-alert and judging every move Beck makes as a move to destroy me. That would make me sick and neurotic. I won't diminish myself in that manner. Also, I also won't empower Beck in such an unhealthy way. I would rather be working on my Honesty, Integrity and Faith because those are the things I find most useful in my life with God and others. It's not Beck.

However, this is America, and I think people who find Beck a poisonous threat to their minds should do what they feel is best for them.

Anonymous said...

Coffee and Cigs, "if you think glenn beck could represent honor, faith and integrity than you clearly need to check what those words actually mean."

I will check out their meanings. Meanwhile, why don't you read my prior comments? No where did I equate those terms or say Beck represented those qualities. YOU said that.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Anonymous 2:05:

"What Beck says is not poisonous to me."

Okay, well...that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, regardless, if we disagree. Where I disagree with you at are exactly those listed reasons that Coffee and Cig posted:

"screaming 'elitist' at others while cashing in his annual 30 million check..bashing social justice while claiming to worship jesus..pretending to admire dr king when he is exactly the type that called him a communist when he was alive (you know kind of like when he called obama a socialist..and a nazi..and racist..."

Beck says those things to incite division in this country. I lived through the 50s and the same type of language Beck uses now is the same they used back in the 50s to incite mobs. And I can even go back further than the 50s and tell you its the same show with different actors. I know first hand what his type of talk leads to and is capable of causing. Yes suh! I sho do!

Anonymous said...

Since we're restoring honor does this mean that Beck and Palin will fight for the Muslim Americans to build the community center near ground zeo.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Granny. I am sure you are right.

Anonymous said...

"Since we're restoring honor does this mean that Beck and Palin will fight for the Muslim Americans to build the community center near ground zeo."

Is that a rhetorical question?

Anonymous said...

Granny, "Okay, well...that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, regardless, if we disagree. Where I disagree with you at are exactly those listed reasons that Coffee and Cig posted:"

What Coffee and Cigs wrote was HIS opinion, NOT mine. I would think that you would know that considering I answered your question, which you asked twice.

blackinalabama said...

Restoring honor formerly known as taking back our country.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Anonymous 3:09:

Maybe, I didn't make myself clear enough, I agree with what Coffee and Cig said. I disagree with you where you said that you don't think what Beck says is poisonous.

Or were you the anonymous that said this?

"What Beck says is not poisonous to me."

Anonymous said...

Yes, I said, "Beck is not poisonous [TO ME]." I do not speak for anyone else...just me.

I also followed with:

"However, this is America, and I think people who find Beck a poisonous threat to their minds should do what they feel is best for them."

So, I am not sure where you disagree?

Mack Lyons said...

I get what most of the anons are saying. They're saying Blacks should drop these racial greivances of theirs and get with the program. The program of restoring America's honor. The program of taking back our cuntry.

*snicker*

Black Diaspora said...

I, too, have a "dream." Actually, several. I have waited years for their fulfillment. But, before you get it all twisted, let me add this: They're merely dreams, not needs.

I have no needs.

Although Dr. King dreamed of a world where "bigotry" had been given its last rites--and who could argue with that!--that's not my dream.

Here's my dream:

I would like just once to say the Pledge of Allegiance, and not leave out portions of it, especially this part:

"One nation under God, with liberty and justice for all."

Every time I get to that part, my tongue freezes up, and I go silent.

And, it's then, that I wish for a Black Pledge of Allegiance, one that takes into account our black travails--where we blacks can come together under one banner, and pledge solidarity, and allegiance one to the other, in recognition of our common plight, and common black experience.

You know, like the Black National Anthem, written by James Weldon Johnson:

"Lift every voice and sing...."

Oh, well, most of us are there already, but, you see, a few of our brothers and sisters can say this nation's Pledge, and sing its Anthem with a great deal more enthusiasm than many whites--those for whom it was first written--although we all know, freedom-loving whites should be exempted, and blacks, and other minorities should be the only ones required to recite it, especially our black president, and Muslims, in particular those Muslims that are bringing disrespect to ground zero, by insisting on building a mosque a mere two blocks away.

Here's my dream:

I would like to sing the words to "My Country 'Tis Of Thee," just once, without the words souring in my mouth:

my country 'tis of thee
sweet land of liberty
of thee I sing
land where my fathers died
land of the pilgrims pride
from every mountain side
let freedom ring,
let freedom ring
let it ring


Again, it's that "liberty" part, and the "land where my fathers died," that evoke thoughts of slavery, and the unusual harshness of it as practiced in this country, and the Middle Passage that was so brutal on the health and body of those poor souls transported from Africa's shores to these shores.

I know: I should get over it, and just sing the damn song!

And I'm sure, too: If this song was sung at Beck's "Restoring the Honor" rally today, along with our National Anthem, the blacks in attendance wouldn't have had difficulty singing them, or reciting that tongue-twisting pledge.

Here's my dream:

I'd like to display the Stars and Stripes with pride of country, just once, without betraying my soul, and the spirit of those blacks who endured Jim Crow, and was spat upon, and called names, simply because they wanted to eat where whites eat, and attend school where whites attended.

In some black schools, one book had to make do for the entire class--students taking turns reading it--because the one book couldn't go home with forty students.

And Glenn Beck believes that he's the heir apparent to Dr. King's Dream, without the attendant requisite: He's never felt the sting of racism, as did Dr. King, and many blacks living today; he's never been called nigga, as was Dr. King, and many blacks living today; and he's never been denied an opportunity, because of the color of his skin, as has been many blacks living today.

If Beck wishes to wear the mantle of the Civil Rights struggle, let him become, for the rest of his days, "Black Like Me."

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Okay anonymous, I see what you're saying.


So let me put it this way. His words are poisonous to this country, and if he keeps it up someone is eventually gonna get hurt. Because there are people who actually believe what he is saying is the truth. On the other hand, there are others who know what he is saying is a lie, but who would like to use it as an excuse to do something stupid.

Yup, some folks like to throw a rock and then hide their hand. That's his game. The thing is though, eventually, someone will see their hand before they can hide it.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

I'm still curious why were they booing Alveda in the background when she mentioned end racism. Everybody acting like they didn't hear it.

Anonymous said...

Change is coming Negroes. Wake Up!

Chris Albertson said...

If the "god" character created Beck in its own image, I have to thank it for also making me an atheist.

Nan said...

Beck's a classic grifter. He's managed to tap into the fears of a lot of people (mostly white and conservative) who realize the country is changing demographically and culturally, and they don't like it. He tells them what they want to hear, and they love him for it. I was listening to C-SPAN this morning and heard a caller gushing about how wonderful Beck is because he teaches his viewers about the history we weren't taught in school.

We weren't taught Beck's version because you don't teach fiction as history, but his viewers will never recognize that.

I have days when I wonder if Beck is just trying to see just how far he can push it before he has an Imus moment and finds himself unemployed. It's got to get old to keep spouting nonsense and never have the marks turn on him.

no_slappz said...

field, you asked:

If the devil told you to love your neighbor and go to a CERTAIN church every Sunday would you do it?

Ah. Here we go. It's time for the hypothetical, but supposedly rhetorical question.

Here's your first problem. You mentioned "the devil".

There is no "devil". Thus there is no supernatural figure directing human traffic. However, it is obvious blacks believe in other-worldly forces despite the fact that appealling to them has never changed a thing.

Isn't that the definition of crazy?

no_slappz said...

As someone who does not watch or listen to Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly or Beck, my awareness of them comes from people like field, who seem to track them. Beck, at least.

Based solely on field's post, it's obvious Beck's rally was, in Beck's view, a smashing success.

Sharpton's rally? Who knows? Who cares?

I was present for the rally in NY City on the one-year anniversary of the Million Man March. The ralliers filled the streets around the United Nations. I saw and heard Farrakhan spewing his uncontrollable hate.

Among many memorable statements he made that day were his claim that AIDS was created by whites to kill blacks, that the creation and spreading of AIDS was sanctioned by Congress, that abortion was another white trick to eliminate blacks and that Jews were running the world.

I suppose those claims are part of his standard stump speech. Anyway, as I was one of the few whites in the crowd, I was, as far as I could tell, the only person who did not cheer each of Farrakhan's insane statements.

-=Topper=- said...

There has been a phrase thrown at this, and it is cognitive dissonance. There can be another, I like to call it cognitive resonance. It can be attributed, as demonstrated at this rally, as group think.

Cognitive resonance means that they hear and parrot something SO often that they actually begin to believe it. It bounces around in their head and gets stuck there.

I think that there may be no more than that going on.

They really believe in all this, as delusional it is, as crazy as it seems, they actually believe it.

What also disturbs me is that this cognitive resonance, this group think, has a political arm in this country and actually has a say in how it is governed. Concerns me greatly.

The dictionary describes the antonym of progress as regression. Could be. But I see the antonym of progressive as fascist.

Group think is terrifying.

Anonymous said...

Just saw Beck on Chris Wallace's show and Wallace made him look like the idiot he is. I am surprised at wallace doing that. However, I mentioned this before...why not just boycott Beck's sponsors.Black people wake up! Arguing about whether Beckis an idiot or not isn't helping. In Amerika, the only thing that matters is money.Take away his sponsors and FOX will drop him like a bad habit. It's time to close our wallets. Do we really need what Becks sponsors are selling so bad that we sell our soul and morals to get it? Dr.King basically shut down the Montgomery bus system, because w stood for something. Want to stop people from F**&^ing with us. Shut them down economically. F&*( a march! They dont care, take away their revenue...they will think twice. You dont see the Jewish marching...they dont have to, they let their money speak for them. We need to do the same. Mobilize the same way. Screw all this talking. Here's the link to the list

http://foxnewsboycott.com/fox-news-sponsors/glenn-beck-sponsors/

I challenge each person that reads this to stop business with just one. I have already.

maria said...

http://stopbeck.com/

more info here. and way to post a stop beck logo your blog (for field).

Anonymous said...

Glen Beck scares me because people actually believe what he says and he has no compunction about milking the racial fears of white people to get rich. I find him to be despicable. I was going to the Tea Party in an adjacent county to my own and they were pretty organized and always had a speaker with some expertise. But after they had a petroleum engineer lecture about the Gulf Crisis and BP, they started posting all this crap about Glen Beck's guide to arguing with idiots and then they had a private meeting where the event was posted but the address wasn't and I emailed the coordinator for the address information (because he was always so prompt responding to my questions) but he was noticeably silent. Then when I saw him last he said that they had a meeting at someone's house and she was leery of strangers and they talked about 'Islam' etc.

At that point I realized a couple of things:
1.I was shut out of that private meeting
2.My husband said that they were a secret Klan organization after we left lol!
3.They are wasps who got their information twisted and use it to hate on Muslims and hate on folks who are different than themselves
4.The Tea Party started by academics in the seventies and eighties as a response to big government and our oligarchy is all but gone; taken over by these ignorant yahoos who use any and every excuse to claim they aren't racist but in every real sense they just can't stand seeing a Black man in charge of them-not to mention a Black man with socialist leanings!

hennasplace said...

I see the Glenn Beck's rally yesterday as another way for him to make money which people who attended the rally and those who protested against it were willing to do for him. The man is laughing all the way to the bank, and those unwittingly people honestly believe that Beck cares about their feelings and needs when it is quite the opposite. This what happens when you have people who are willing to believe in anything when there is nothing else. They believe in hope and the power of positive thinking. They to live in a world that does not exist, they want to believe that in American suffering cease to exist, and if it does it is because someone is to blame for this suffering. This is insidious, Beck is the Pipe Piper selling the audience a bill of goods.

Anonymous said...

Mack Lyons, "I get what most of the anons are saying. They're saying Blacks should drop these racial greivances of theirs and get with the program. The program of restoring America's honor. The program of taking back our cuntry."

No, Mack. That is what YOU are saying and thinking. No one has said that but YOU. Your fears are clouding your thoughts.

M. Rigmaiden said...

I forgot to sign my name yall-Mahndisa

M. Rigmaiden said...

Yes Henna you are right; he is a despicable jerk because he KNOWS exactly what he is doing. Meanwhile, some well meaning people who really go to church on Sunday and do right in their communities get played by him because they aren't willing to confront their internal prejudices. If there was alignment among poor and middle income wasps with people that actually do care about affecting change; then okay but beck only cares about making a quick buck off of sensationalizing racial fears.

field negro said...

"Cognitive resonance means that they hear and parrot something SO often that they actually begin to believe it. It bounces around in their head and gets stuck there. "

Topper, I like that.

Here's your first problem. You mentioned "the devil".

"There is no "devil". Thus there is no supernatural figure directing human traffic. However, it is obvious blacks believe in other-worldly forces despite the fact that appealling to them has never changed a thing.

Isn't that the definition of crazy?"

No, crazy would be what you just wrote.

maria, thanks for that link.

Christopher Ruston Rich said...

It turned out about the way I expected, big fail, bad timing, dumb idea.

Anonamid spinners are dodging the widely reported fact that the pudgy dunce applied for a permit to handle 300 thousand anticipated pasty white and angry eggs with legs.

Only around 80 to 90 thousand, at best showed up. About equal to an opening day redskins game.

The event location was dumb because the huge reflecting pool made a void in the middle, prime viewing zone unless the legged eggs were up for sitting in water.

The expenses must have been absurd to string cable for dozens of huge flat screen monitors with sound so his pudgy dunciness and the alaska hag could be poorly heard on then.

This pattern has now been hilariously consistent for every worthless rally these rodeo clowns have staged over the past two years.

Fux news hypes up a big crowd, wingnuttia radio yammers and roars and it ends up laying a big egg, fux retreats, shuts off the gloat faucet and makes like it never happened or tries to rehash old crowd footage to doctor hugeness only the edits are so dumb they get caught by a comedian..Jon Stewart.

How many times do we have to go through these big overhyped jokes before the pattern is obvious to a 5 year old?

A protest in Hong Kong yesterday over the bus massacre in the Phillipines drew more people with no whistles and bells and when I walk across Boston Common and the Public Gardens later today to visit my mom, there will be that many people just hanging out as there have been the past two times I've visited this month.

Well said...

Great article today by Frank Rich on the real backers of the Tea Party.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/29/opinion/29rich.html?ref=globalhome

It's kind of hard to play the 'average american' card when you have modern-day John Birchers with billions in the bank backing your movement.

no_slappz said...

anon 11:08, you wrote:

Want to stop people from F**&^ing with us. Shut them down economically.

That only works with diners and lunch counters. Boycotts only work when used to harm small operations. You can hurt Billy Bob's Burger Shop, but not McDonalds, even though McDonalds is an enabler of black obesity.

F&*( a march! They dont care, take away their revenue...they will think twice.

Unlike black-owned and black-operated businesses, all other businesses intend to serve any and every customer because everyone's money is green.

Inasmuch as no matter how hard a business tries, there are ALWAYS dissatisfied customers, a few blacks threatening a boycott of Beck's sponsors means next to nothing.

by the way, what companies sponsor Beck's show? I have no idea.

You dont see the Jewish marching...they dont have to, they let their money speak for them.

Your statement is so dumb it makes a response difficult.

field negro said...

"It's kind of hard to play the 'average american' card when you have modern-day John Birchers with billions in the bank backing your movement."

Yep. But isn't that the point; to keep poor people in the dark and fighting over scarps, while the wealthy folk take the whole pie?

Chirstopher Ruston...that was an excellent and accurate overview! Thanks!

no_slappz said...

granny writes:

Repent means to change your way of thinking! So, does Beck, Palin, Fox, and all of those who have been parading around with those pictures despicting the President as Hitler,

When Bush was running for his second term I walked by a voter registration booth on Main Steet in Princeton, NJ, by good old P.U., and beside the table at the voter registration booth was a large poster of Bush depicted as Hitler.

I thought the poster was offensive because Hitler was responsible for the Holocaust.

The depiction of Obama as Hitler is only slightly less offensive. Obama IS an enabler of the Iranian regime's nuclear program. From their nuclear program, the Iranians intend to build nuclear weapons. They plan to fire those nuclear weapons at Israel and kill as many Jews as possible.

Inasmuch as Obama is doing NOTHING to stop these crazy muslims from obtaining nuclear weapons and using them to attack Israel, he is giving them permission to pick up where Hitler left off.

Hence, Obama needs to prove he is not a good friend of anti-Semitic governments. So far, he has shown that he IS their friend. Not exactly a shock for an ex-muslim.

no_slappz said...

field, I've got a feeling you and others here know nothing about the John Birch Society.

That can be forgiven. But the degree of economic lunacy and ignorance on this site is far more worrisome.

no_slappz said...

well said,

Yeah, gasbag Rich yammered about Rupert Murdoch and the Koch brothers. As if these three sent checks to everyone in Beck's audience yesterday.

Do you have even the slightest knowledge of the Koch brothers? I bet you do not even know how to pronounce their name.

no_slappz said...

christopher ruston rich writes:

It turned out about the way I expected, big fail, bad timing, dumb idea...blah...blah...blah...

Predictably, every frightened nitwit like rushton-rich devotes effort and electrons reporting back to the worried crowd about the big failure in DC.

However, as litmus tests go, a good one is the inverse-response test.

From the way the anti-Beck crowd has lit up its favorite venues attacking Beck, it's clear Beck succeeded.

Well said...

I know they are global warming deniers; I know they are avid opponents of environmental regulation; I know they have attempted to paint the administration as socialist (do you even know what a socialist is No_Slapz? I bet you don't) I know they oppose social welfare spending; I know that they have been linked to campaigns to end Social Security and the abolition of the FBI and CIA. In short, they're a couple of nuts.

Anonymous said...

no_slappz, "As someone who does not watch or listen to Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly or Beck, my awareness of them comes from people like field, who seem to track them. Beck, at least."

I totally agree with you. I don't watch or listen to them either. Most of my knowledge about them comes from some people on this blog, which is obviously 'skewed' by their own fears.

I spent a career in the TV broadcasting industry. I know for a fact that people like Beck, Hannity and O'Reilly are hired to work a formula and format designed to get high ratings. Some Americans can't make it without a daily dose of TV entertainment.

Beck clearly appeals to a certain demographic and a certain class of people with fear-based minds that are easily attracted to outrageous stuff. Beck is doing a fabulous job, and is probably the envy of others in the industry. He is making a lot of money and deservedly so, because he is making money for his network...

But as always, "This too shall pass." There are others in the industry trying their best to be the next Glen Beck. And I am sure that Beck is smart enough and experienced enough to know that. However, the ignorant actually believes Beck can consume all the minds in the country. Why do they believe it? Because THEY are consumed by him.

I cannot in good conscience waste this life that God has given me by watching, listening and fretting over 'fear-based' sensational shows like Beck's. I find them boring and unchallenging. But some are addicted and consumed by them in much the same way that others are consumed by action, or drama movies. If it wasn't Beck acting outrageous, it would be somebody else people would watching. And the more people Beck's show can scare, the better his ratings.. The better the ratings, the more money the corporation makes.. The more money the corporation makes, the more money Beck makes..It's a great business of creativity.

Some Whites react to Beck, but most don't. Likewise, some Blacks are reacting to Beck, but most don't. It's boils down to how insightful and intelligent you are; what kind of personality and character you are; and how gullible and fear-based you are.

FN blog is primarily a fear-based blog based on racism that appeals to certain class of people. Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and other actors- who say outrageous fear-based things- 'fits' well with FN.

maria said...

ignore whatever, whomever you want on TV, the fact is, some of the progeny of these vile talking heads are getting ELECTED.

and THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. and they are dumbing down americans who don't take the time to separate truth from lies.

these folks are gaining power. in office they can pass harmful laws and kill good ones.

you anons are too naive. engage in all the petty personal sniping you want. take what you want from this blog and others,

but pay attention to what's happening in the voting booths across america.

Chris Albertson said...

Maria, the "anons" you refer to are as unenlightened as the rest of Beck's following. Let's face it, we have a gullible, ignorant electorate, dumbed down by ignorant office holders.

Kia said...

I have had a change of heart...good hearted people of America, we will forgive Beck and take him at his word.

But never forget all the shocking racist things we had to listen to from fox and others since the Prez took office. Thats a word of precaution.

I'm so hurt about some of the things they say about Obama and his family. He has feelings too.
I pray for him and his family every single day. Mainly for love and peace to enfold him and shield him against iniquity.

Politics is one thing. What we've been seeing is not politics. Its straight up evil and hate. Stop the hate people, you have a choice.

Gregory said...

slappy writes:

"Do you have even the slightest knowledge of the Koch brothers? I bet you do not even know how to pronounce their name."

We are well aware of who these men are and what they are doing. The same goes for the John Birch Society.

Covert Operations

The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama.
by Jane Mayer

maria said...

Chris Albertson said...
Maria, the "anons" you refer to are as unenlightened as the rest of Beck's following. Let's face it, we have a gullible, ignorant electorate, dumbed down by ignorant office holders.

2:14 PM

can't agree with your last part, that elected officials are to blame. media people like beck, limbaugh and fox news are to blame. we did elect obama. we didn't all get that stupid in 2 years. maybe the stupid tide is rising but i'm still above water and not going down.

Do As I Say said...

Anonymous said..."FN blog is primarily a fear-based blog based on racism that appeals to certain class of people. Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Hannity, and other actors- who say outrageous fear-based things- 'fits' well with FN.

"I cannot in good conscience waste this life that God has given me by watching, listening and fretting over 'fear-based' sensational shows like Beck's. I find them boring and unchallenging. But some are addicted and consumed by them in much the same way that others are consumed by action, or drama movies."

Anonymous said...

@ slapzz
You dont see the Jewish marching...they dont have to, they let their money speak for them.

Your statement is so dumb it makes a response difficult.
Dumb huh?
tell me where the fuck you've seen Jews marching for an insult someone has made?

Fact: they dont march because they will cripple someone financially. Your ass is dumb if you dont know that. Its stupid and lazy people like yourself that think that way. No wonder we continue to beat our heads agianst a wall. Small thinking minds like yours. I bet you're the first dumb ass in line for the new Jordans.

You have no idea what a group of people can do unless you try it. Apparently your small mind can't wrap itself around that.

Anonymous said...

By the way slapzz, if you're white you can kiss where the sun dont shine...ignorant bastard!

ashe

Thrasher said...

One minute removed from Beck's rally and continents away no one knows Glenn Beck but MLK is here to stay.....

I am back on the block...

Anonymous said...

Kia, "I'm so hurt about some of the things they say about Obama and his family. He has feelings too.
I pray for him and his family every single day. Mainly for love and peace to enfold him and shield him against iniquity."

Were you hurt at some of the things said about Bush or other Presidents? What makes Obama different, because you see him as Black and 'needs' 'special' treatment and consideration?

Anonymous said...

Gregory, "We are well aware of who these men are and what they are doing. The same goes for the John Birch Society."

When you say, "We are well aware...", who is "We"? Are you referring to the black race collectively, members on this blog, or somebody else?

360+5 said...

Slap happy said..."Obama IS an enabler of the Iranian regime's nuclear program."

An enabler because he hasn't attacked those facilities that are enriching uranium, right?

"From their nuclear program, the Iranians intend to build nuclear weapons."

The Iranians probably have them already, and long before Bush left office. Funny, Bush didn't bomb Iran.

Isn't Iran a sovereign country? It seems to me that Iran has a right to join the already crowded community of nuke owners.

"They plan to fire those nuclear weapons at Israel and kill as many Jews as possible."

If Iran's target is Israel, why must the U.S. attack Iran? If Israel is the one being threatened, shouldn't Israel be the one doing the attacking? And don't say it's because we won't let them. Israel has a long history of doing precisely what's in its best interest, whether it pleases us, or the world in general.

"Inasmuch as Obama is doing NOTHING to stop these crazy muslims from obtaining nuclear weapons and using them to attack Israel, he is giving them permission to pick up where Hitler left off."

What idiotic logic, but it fits well with your overall disdain for Obama. The world is not Obama. Who else in the world is doing something to stop these "crazy muslims" as you call them?

We're not the only country with a standing army, or with a nuclear stockpile, or with a delivery system. Why aren't these other countries attacking Iran?

So to do "nothing" (which is a gross overstatement) is the same as giving "permission"? How many videos have we seen where women have been brutally beaten, while others stood around and watch. Because they did "nothing," using your logic, they gave the perp "permission" to do the beating.

Next time, buy potato chips. Pretzels are warping your brain.

maria said...

no slapzz is a jewish woman. you won't get her to ever be objective about many things, but certainly not israel or iran.

Christopher Ruston Rich said...

You're welcome Mr. Field,

The visit was fun. Boston Common was full of people and I had this funny epiphany about this latest fail.

Lord Pudgy was faced with an odd and seemingly hopeless problem. He had to find a way to make tea baggers seem cute and cuddly to fence sitters while keeping the motivating rage going that gets all the legged eggs to show up in the first place.

So between a come hither grin on one side and the rage grimace on the other it ended up all twisted and resulted in another dry hump.

People ain't buying what he's trying to sell.

Don't you find it just a bit odd that the wingnuts had to be commanded to abrogate their own free speech rights by giving up those colorful and poorly spelled signs they so love?

And don't you find it odder that they even agreed to?

This is a stage managed astroturf farce bought and paid for by oligarchs.

I read the Frank Rich piece too. I don't think we are related.

And wasn't it sweet that it took the usual dick head peanut gallery here all day to come up with new spin twists to somehow try and wrest a little victory from a huge fail?

Look Fux may have high ratings but that is in the context of TV dying from Web 2.0 disruption. That is an amplifier.

Fux is the dwarf in a land of shrinking midgets, the most bitchin trombone player in Jackass Flats Nevada.

It is a force to reckon with among people who still give a shit about TV. And there are fewer and fewer of those with each passing day.

News aggregation on Google is a useful statistical indicator of news impact and Fux stuff has an increasingly short shelf life before it gets bumped by Ms Hiltons coke problems or which Kardashian sister is plooking whom this morning.

We Americans have our priorities and Beckie ain't one of em except among the wretches who still cling to teevee for actual news and information.

Whitey said...

One step forward, two steps back
Better look out when Whitey attacks

We can dance and we can sing
We can steal Doctor King

You're the racists, you're the thugs
We're the victims of your drugs

We can write your history
We'll ignore white supremacy

When we want our country back
We're really saying we don't want it black

When we gather on the mall
We hope that we can scare ya'all

It's not that we want you to go away
We just want you to do what we say

So it's one step foreword, two steps back
You better look out when Whitey attacks

Kia said...

'Were you hurt at some of the things said about Bush or other Presidents? What makes Obama different, because you see him as Black and 'needs' 'special' treatment and consideration?'

In response to the person who wrote the above: I did not hear or see one quarter of the things said about this Prez every done to another Prez. Some of the things were down right shocking. How are humans capable of such hate and bigotry?

Now, if you were to tell me that the Prez is not being treated in a vile and disrespectful manner or there is no difference in treatment the Prez has received in comparison to other Prezs, then I would say you are biased...whatever the reasons.. thats ok. We all have our biases. As long as you are not hating or hateful, ur doing good.

No, the Prez has proven time and time again that he does not need 'special treatment', that he is more than capable to manage 'whatever', if you get my drift. He is a man of extraordinary means...no sympathy needed.

360+5 said...

Slap Happy said..."Here's your first problem. You mentioned "the devil"."

There is no "devil".

You see, Slap, there you go again, pontificating about matters of which you know little.

You're only partly right. He exists and he doesn't exist. He doesn't exist in ultimate reality, but in our relative reality he's quite a force to be reckon with, just as the forces that are wreaking havoc on the planet, plate tectonic activity, hurricanes, and volcanic activity are forces to be reckon with.

The devil is our personification of fear, just as God is our personification of love.

Fear can do a great deal of harm, and usually does.

"Thus there is no supernatural figure directing human traffic."

As long as you're a know-it-all, there's no room left for anything else to penetrate your already full head. Unlike you, at least Field is open-minded about these matters.

Again, you're right, and again you're wrong.

That "supernatural figure" is mostly a hands-off kind of figure. What she's done is give us the tools to direct our own "human traffic," and even with those tools we make a mess of it, and don't direct our "traffic" very well.

"However, it is obvious blacks believe in other-worldly forces despite the fact that appealling to them has never changed a thing."

Again, you speak of that of which you know little or nothing. Whether you believe in "other-worldly forces" or not, they're the ones calling the shots.

Here's what you don't know. Life is that other-worldly force. Life is in control. Life won't, however, force you to do anything against your will. Life lets you make those decisions.

Your words, your thoughts, your actions, and most of all what you believe, is what Life will bring forth for you. Life is the genii. Life is the mirror reflecting back what we set in motion with our fears, and with our affections.

"Isn't that the definition of crazy?"

It is if you say it is.

360+5 said...

I like your poem, Whitey, especially this line:

"When we want our country back
We're really saying we don't want it black"

And this one:

"It's not that we want you to go away
We just want you to do what we say"

Anonymous said...

Kia, "No, the Prez has proven time and time again that he does not need 'special treatment', that he is more than capable to manage 'whatever', if you get my drift. He is a man of extraordinary means...no sympathy needed."

Look, Beck is just trying to honor MLK, which is more than any black official has done in years. I didn't hear a peep out of Obama about MLK, did you? Somebody needs to tell AB and a few other Blacks that the economy, jobs, and the war in Afganistan is getting better. Someone needs to tell Americans how well he is doing because what they are complaining about is just plain wrong! Even race relations in America between Blacks and Whites have never been better, right?

Pleeze! Some of you folks need to get off that marijuana you want legalized.

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

no slapzz is a jewish woman...

What makes you think I am Jewish?

What makes you think I am a woman?

maria said...

so you're not jewish?

and you're not a woman?

special request: try not to answer with questions.

Anonymous said...

360+ Nothing said, "I like your poem, Whitey, especially this line:

"When we want our country back
We're really saying we don't want it black"

And this one:

"It's not that we want you to go away
We just want you to do what we say"

6:27 PM

_________________________________

I liked that also. It isn't true, but it had a nice rhyme to it.

no_slappz said...

360 + 5, you wrote:

The devil is our personification of fear, just as God is our personification of love.

God is the personification of love?

Well, putting aside the fact that the concept of "god" is as far as we can get from "personification" , I have to wonder what god you are thinking of?

The crazy god of muslims who wants muslims to kill all non-muslims? The crazy muslim god who says women are slaves of men?

The Judeo-Christian god who floods the planet, starts plagues, kills mercilessly and has plans for an apocalypse?

Either of those gods? Are they the love gods?

no_slappz said...

maria,

You concluded I was a Jewish female. I am curious about how you reached those conclusions.

I did not say you were right or wrong. But you dodged the question.

Anonymous said...

maria, "so you're not jewish?

and you're not a woman?

special request: try not to answer with questions."

maria, I wish you would stop harrassing people and making them into someone they are not.

Everyone knows that no_slappz is another self-hating black person.

Anonymous said...

360+0 said, "The devil is our personification of fear, just as God is our personification of love."

That statement reflects profound ignorance. Did you finish highschool?

maria said...

i guess you'll just have to remain curious, but you could begin by googling your name. this has come up before on other blogs, as you well know. and anon, she is most definitely not black. you must not have read any of her posts.

no_slappz said...

360 + 5 wrote:

An enabler because he hasn't attacked those facilities that are enriching uranium, right?

An enabler because he's taken NO steps to stop this threat to global stability. Like it or not, the US IS the world's policman.

The Iranians probably have them already, and long before Bush left office. Funny, Bush didn't bomb Iran.

Iran does NOT yet have a bomb. Iranians, like all muslims, are scientifically incompetent, which means they have to hire others to build stuff like nuclear reactors and oil refineries. Thus, we know what they have and do not have.

Isn't Iran a sovereign country? It seems to me that Iran has a right to join the already crowded community of nuke owners.

There are about 200 sovereign nations in the world. About a dozen have nuclear weapons. That's a small crowd.

If Iran's target is Israel, why must the U.S. attack Iran? If Israel is the one being threatened, shouldn't Israel be the one doing the attacking?

If Iran were to hit Israel with a nuclear weapon, Israel would counterstrike with its nuclear weapons. If a nuclear missile or bomb hits Tehran, then Pakistan, India, China, Russia, and Egypt will all get involved, possibly throwing their own nuclear weapons into the fight.

Do you get it? WWIII.

What idiotic logic, but it fits well with your overall disdain for Obama. The world is not Obama. Who else in the world is doing something to stop these "crazy muslims" as you call them?

The muslim world wants Iran to destroy Israel. Hence, they have no objections to the Iran's ambitions.

We're not the only country with a standing army, or with a nuclear stockpile, or with a delivery system. Why aren't these other countries attacking Iran?

Because, as I said, the US is the World Cop. Like it or not. It's that simple.

So to do "nothing" (which is a gross overstatement) is the same as giving "permission"?

Yes.

How many videos have we seen where women have been brutally beaten, while others stood around and watch. Because they did "nothing," using your logic, they gave the perp "permission" to do the beating.

First, if someone who cared about the woman getting a beating was nearby and that person had a gun, he might shoot the attacker. Bullies always count of the relative weakness of their targets.

Second, responsible people call the cops. But, of course, blacks are into the "Stop Snitchin" mentality, so black contempt for black life is clear.

Third, again, we are the cops. Our job is to stop trouble before it starts. But Obama, as he showed last year in the episode with Professor Gates of Harvard, Obama said "the Cambridge police acted stupidly."

That's his view on cops. With this hapless clown in the White House, the world is at risk.

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

i guess you'll just have to remain curious, but you could begin by googling your name.

I really don't need to googly my screen-name to know who I am.

At best that might tell me if someone else is using the same name.

Meanwhile, just so you know, my screen-name was originally NO-SLAPPs -- an acronym for No Strategic Lawsuits Against Public Participation.

I have been hit with libel suits.

However, as always, the Truth is its own defense. Which means I always prevail.

and anon, she is most definitely not black. you must not have read any of her posts.

I do not care about personal details regarding posters. This is the internet and people can be whatever they want. Thus, no one has credibility.

360+5 said...

Slap_Happy said..."The Judeo-Christian god who floods the planet, starts plagues, kills mercilessly and has plans for an apocalypse?

"Either of those gods? Are they the love gods?"

Again, you're right and wrong. In Jewish religious lore, the notion of good and evil was combined into one deity, but from time to time distinctions were made, and evil was assigned to Satan. The story of Job is a good example of that.

You know all about Job, right?

As our concept of God changed (he is to us what we believe him to be), God is seen as Love, without a trace of evil. This is the emergence and refinement of the Christian God, the God of Love.

Then, too, there were all those Greek and Roman Gods, possessing all the virtues and vices of humans, but were, unlike humans, immortals, who could control, directly and indirectly, human affairs.

But it doesn't matter how God is defined, it's how God is perceived that counts. There's one God for every human living, more than 6 billion. That's how many distinct perceptions there are.

"The crazy god of muslims who wants muslims to kill all non-muslims? The crazy muslim god who says women are slaves of men?"

Life is a mirror. You get whatever God you wish, one insanely jealous, or a "crazy muslim god" as you say, or one of Love.

Your choice; your decision.

Because I believe that you're probably beyond learning anything new, since you've got it all figured out, my remarks are aimed mainly at those, and for those who may be reading along.

maria said...

n-s said:
I do not care about personal details regarding posters. This is the internet and people can be whatever they want. Thus, no one has credibility."

that is false: the reverse is true. EVERYONE is presumed to have credibility.

it is those who hide and obfuscate and won't answer questions abut themselves because they aren't interested in a real dialogue, forging relationships, solving common problems are the ones with no credibility.

you simply don't exist in real life. and it would seem the only thing that propels you is your hatred for anyone who isn't exactly like you. you are a classic narcissist and racist, to boot. you come here only to attack, every time, no matter what the topic. you always think you're right, too.

Kia said...

'Look, Beck is just trying to honor MLK, which is more than any black official has done in years. I didn't hear a peep out of Obama about MLK, did you? Somebody needs to tell AB and a few other Blacks that the economy, jobs, and the war in Afganistan is getting better. Someone needs to tell Americans how well he is doing because what they are complaining about is just plain wrong! Even race relations in America between Blacks and Whites have never been better, right?

Pleeze! Some of you folks need to get off that marijuana you want legalized.'

In response to the above: That last paragraph was not called for. I am black and have never seen marijuana before...have u? For your info, blacks are not the ones trying to legalize marijuana.

The paragraph before that did not make any sense..come again???

maria said...

and i didn't say google your name to see who you are.

you asked how i knew you were a jewish woman. i said it had been discussed on other blogs, and you knew it, and could confirm it by googling your name. acting as if its not true doesn't change the truth.

Hathor said...

maria,
no_slappz is Clayton Bigsby who think he's a wigger.

Some of his early reference could only been said by someone who's Black, since I can't remember what he said I can't prove it. Of course he will deny it and it really doesn't matter, It is what he writes that satisfies his ego. Narcissist Personality Disorder?

maria said...

you are right hathor, and i'm just feeding the beast...but, off now to watch the emmy's for fun. tomorrow is my kids' first day back at school, can't stay up too late. ugh! summer's over.

Anonymous said...

maria, "and anon, she is most definitely not black. you must not have read any of her posts."

Actually, it was a joke. I thought you would laugh and no_slappz would faint. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

Well...I see they've went from burning churches during Jim Crow to burning Mosque in the "take back" America era! Smh!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/29/murfreesboro-mosque-fire-atfe-investigation_n_698336.html

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

you asked how i knew you were a jewish woman. i said it had been discussed on other blogs, and you knew it, and could confirm it by googling your name. acting as if its not true doesn't change the truth.

Oh. So you believe statements made by people who have neither seen me nor spoken to me.

Yikes. It takes remarkably little to convince you of things.

Inasmuch as I am a cypher on the internet, your belief that I am a Jewish woman makes no difference to me. If I met a person face-to-face and that person believed I was of the opposite gender that I am, that would be disturbing.

Meanwhile, it's additionally amusing that hathor, on the strength of nothing, has concluded I am black.

Again, right or wrong, I do not mind. It's amusing. Since this is the internet, people can be whatever they want. And other people can be whatever you imagine them to be.

However, the only thing you can verify are the words you read. They are there on the screen. But that's as much as you can say about the words. Maybe the writer believes them. Maybe they form a true thought. Maybe they combine to form a compelling fiction.

You never know.

Thrasher said...

Brietbart is a jewish racist what kind of post can we expect from no-slappz ???

Thrasher said...

Many right wing jewish types blog and lurk on Black sites...Nothing new with that practice..

no-slappz is just one of the dumb ones..lol,lol,lol

no_slappz said...

maria, you wrote:

that is false: the reverse is true. EVERYONE is presumed to have credibility.

Everyone? It must be crowded in your head.

Posters might believe their own writing, but that does not make them "credible."

Thrasher said...

One of the ugly realities which is going to emerge out of these troubled times is the volume of right wing jewish racists that surface..

360+5 said...

Slap_Happy said..."An enabler because he's taken NO steps to stop this threat to global stability. Like it or not, the US IS the world's policman."

If you can point to where that's stated in our U.S. Constitution, "the US IS the world's policman," Then I'm compelled to believe that's a role you designated for the U.S. and the president.

"There are about 200 sovereign nations in the world. About a dozen have nuclear weapons. That's a small crowd."

I said "crowded community." One nation state is one too many. The detonation of one or two nukes can make everyone's day, wouldn't you agree?

Until such time, I'll support the status quo.

"If Iran were to hit Israel with a nuclear weapon, Israel would counterstrike with its nuclear weapons. If a nuclear missile or bomb hits Tehran, then Pakistan, India, China, Russia, and Egypt will all get involved, possibly throwing their own nuclear weapons into the fight.

"Do you get it? WWIII."

Omniscience has got to be the coolest thing!

You weaseled. I restate. If Iran is a threat to Israel, let Israel defuse the threat. Creating a doomsday scenario as a response is a tactic I would expect from you, but it evades my point.

"Because, as I said, the US is the World Cop. Like it or not. It's that simple."

I disagree with your assessment. And if it were true, I'd think you'd object.

"Second, responsible people call the cops. But, of course, blacks are into the "Stop Snitchin" mentality, so black contempt for black life is clear."

Another cheap shot at blacks, but then we've come to expect that from you. Compensation brings with it a great deal of self-tolerance.

You embroidered the situation I offered. People often do nothing even when no threat is present.

"Third, again, we are the cops. Our job is to stop trouble before it starts. But Obama, as he showed last year in the episode with Professor Gates of Harvard, Obama said "the Cambridge police acted stupidly.""

Again, unless you can find in our Constitution that it's the duty of our government to be "world cop," then I have to agree with Obama, were we to behave as such, it's "stupid."

"That's his view on cops. With this hapless clown in the White House, the world is at risk."

The world was at "risk" before Obama, and it will be at "risk" after him. We didn't blow up half the world before he came, and I trust we won't blow up half the world now that he's here, no matter if you think that our role in the world is to be "cops," and bring about through force what we can't accomplish through diplomacy.

Anonymous said...

"Meanwhile, it's additionally amusing that hathor, on the strength of nothing, has concluded I am black."

LOL.

Kathy said...

"Meanwhile, it's additionally amusing that hathor, on the strength of nothing, has concluded I am black."

LOL.

8:47 PM
______________
Slappy loves to go anony when the going gets a bit uncomfortable. No surprise there. Chicken shit loves to hide.
if Slapz is a woman, that is even worse than whale shit.

no_slappz said...

360 + 5, you wrote:

You weaseled. I restate. If Iran is a threat to Israel, let Israel defuse the threat.

Oh. Okay. In fact, Israel might destroy Iran's nuclear program. That is definitely possible, especially since Israel destroyed Iraq's nuclear program by bombing Osirik in 1983 and by bombing another nuclear site in Syria in 2007, I think.

But Saddam Hussein had no friends in the middle east, therefore, the other muslim nations were willing to stand down after Israel attacked.

Same with Syria, which has to worry about how Israel responds to Syria's control of Lebanon, which it maintains with its support and aid to Hezbollah.

In fact, there is talk now of Israel taking action against those in control of Lebanon.

But Syria and Lebanon are poor nations with small populations. Iran has a population of 75 million and its nuclear program carries on at numerous sites. It's hard to know which are most critical.

If Israel launches a pre-emptive attack on Iran's nuclear program, Iran might have the following to incite other middle east muslim nations to attack Israel.

Things could get very bloody and wildly destructive in a matter of hours.

Fortunately, muslims are utterly incompetent at flying their military jets. However, they have enough jets and enough pilots that a few of them might get lucky and score some hits before getting blown out of the sky.

The idea of being the World's Cop, which you think is a job we should leave to other nations, is mostly to DETER the world's moron nations from committing stupid acts that will start huge military actions.

We have limited knowledge of who controls the nuclear weapons in Pakistan. But there is no doubt there are millions of Pakistanis -- especially the Pakistani taliban -- who would fire off a nuclear weapon at Israel AND India. If that happened, India would counter-strike, most likely with its nuclear weapons.

However, if any nuclear weapons are detonated in the middle east, the US WILL jump in -- I hope.

But with our ex-muslim president, maybe not.

no_slappz said...

kathy writes:

Slappy loves to go anony when the going gets a bit uncomfortable. No surprise there. Chicken shit loves to hide.

Okay. I am a Jewish woman. I am black, and now, according to kathy, I am Anonymous.

How do you conclude I post as "anonymous" when as no_slappz I am anonymous?

Is it that I care about the online reputation of no_slappz?

Kathy said...

no slapz you taught me one thing, to protect my daughter, the way you talked about Mitrice made me sick, but one thing is true, i neve will let cops hold on to my kid for one moment after reading what U said.

360+5 said...

Slap_Happy said..."If Israel launches a pre-emptive attack on Iran's nuclear program, Iran might have the following to incite other middle east muslim nations to attack Israel."

Why would "other middle east muslim nations" be so incited? Iran may be a Muslim state, but it's not an Arab one.

I'd think Arabs would be ecstatic to see Iran's nuclear ambitions thwarted. Israel is the natural choice for such an attack, if it's deemed necessary, not the U.S.

A nuclear Iran would spark a nuclear race in that region, and that wouldn't benefit Arabs or Israel.

"The idea of being the World's Cop, which you think is a job we should leave to other nations, is mostly to DETER the world's moron nations from committing stupid acts that will start huge military actions."

There's more at stake than you know. We attacked Iraq without provocation, and I can't say that that operation kept it from being a costly "huge military action."

Were we willing to assume the role of "world cop," we couldn't bankroll such adventurism, and from the state of the world economy, neither could other countries.

An impoverished world would mind its own business, and not mind the business of its neighbors, and when war was necessary for humanitarian reasons, be compelled to pool its resources, rather than cowboy it alone, unilaterally.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you pay a lot of attention to no_slappz. You must be one of those fear-based folks who listens to Beck also and think he will take over the US like so many here think. LOL

Hathor said...

Iran has the bomb, I'm sure. What they may not have is a delivery system. Also making a dirty bomb is not rocket science. Between Russia, the Ukraine and North Korea, I don't think it difficult to get nuclear material.

I don't think the general public will ever know the facts, but if you think about it, 70 years ago it took the US three years to design the first bomb, with the existing technology now and Russian scientist why wouldn't Iran have a bomb as capable as the one that destroyed Hiroshima.

alicia banks said...

alveda disgraced king even more than beck did

tragic!

http://aliciabanks.vox.com/library/post/the-timeless-dr-martin-luther-king-jr---on-his-letter-from-a-birmingham-jail.html

http://aliciabanks.vox.com/library/link/6a0123ddb39306860b0137e1085c4e860f.html

http://aliciabanks.vox.com/library/post/shaming-the-kings-again---bernice-king-pretender-to-their-throne.html

10:01 AM