Friday, August 20, 2010

"In God we trust"! Not Muslim presidents.


I see that most of you folks here in A-merry-ca believe that either your president is a Muslim; or, you are not sure just what the hell he is. I guess telling you that he is a Christian, just like you, isn't enough. After all, his middle name is Hussein. O man, I think you need to go to church more often, seems that the folks in these divided states do not like being led by a man -who they perceive- does not take his cues from the good book.

Of course it doesn't help that folks like Franklin Graham ( a partisan political hack who masquerades as a man of god) is publicly saying that he is not sure about you. Something about Muslims and the seed flowing through their fathers. And since your daddy was one of them Muslims, you must be one as well. And then there is Rush just flat out calling you our first Muslim president. Yes sir Mr. President, it looks like you have a religion problem. Here in A-merry-ca a religion problem is not a good thing to have. See, it's like this: We A-merry-cans like to think of ourselves as god fearing good hearted people. It helps us all to buy into American exceptionalism, and it separates us from those savages in the rest of the world. If our president, the man who is supposed to lead us, is not making us believe that, then he cannot lead this nation of good Christian people. (Where is that born again Christian, W, when you need him? Now there was a man of god.)

~Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.~ Matt 7:15~

And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many .
~Matt 24:11~"

For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matt 24:24

Oh lawd! O man, I think Saint Matthew the Apostle was talking about you. Or was it Franklin and Rush? Now I am truly confused. I need a sign.

103 comments:

ish said...

But...it's...so...complicated!

http://thecahokian.blogspot.com/2010/08/nation-of-racist-morons.html

ch555x said...

When's college football starting back up?

Trapped in SC said...

I don't think I've ever seen the naked hatred and suspension of belief show by some (and by some, we know who) concerning the man who is our president.

Obama is a muslim.

Obama hates white people.

They take too many vacations.

His young children are "ghetto trash" because they wore a shirt with a peace sign.

He's a socialist.

He's a nazi.

Or is it that a intelligent, powerful black man who doesn't need you, owes you anything, and has the power to change your lives just cracks America right the fuck up into fits of projection?

This is how America thinks of Black People in general.

mellaneous said...

Sup brother Field: I see you are having fun again lol. I kind of don't know what to think of people who refuse to believe that you are who you say you are and have Church membership to prove it.

But its another election year distraction in a long list of distractions to keep these guys from having to admit that guys have no answer, actually really don't plan to solve any the problems pressing the hardest against us regular folks like job creation, finding ways to save our schools and our children, you know the list

Interesting choices of scripture my friend because one could say that Obama could be framed in the false prophet paradigm since he came into office or at least campaigned talking about leading the Joshua generation.

So far I haven't seen anything to convince me that he has anything prophetic to offer, just some of the same old, same old recanned.

I predicted we would have to spend too much precious time defending the man (Obama) from racist attacks while he ignores our needs. Hey that makes me a bit of prophet lol

Hathor said...

Somebody should ask the HNOTD about her Daddy. Perhaps she is a stealth Muslim trying to stir up fear, in order to make the terrorist more effective.

no_slappz said...

From the NY times in 2008

May 12, 2008
Op-Ed Contributor

President Apostate?

By EDWARD N. LUTTWAK
Chevy Chase, Md.

As the son of the Muslim father, Senator Obama was born a Muslim under Muslim law as it is universally understood.

It makes no difference that, as Senator Obama has written, his father said he renounced his religion. Likewise, under Muslim law based on the Koran his mother’s Christian background is irrelevant.

Of course, as most Americans understand it, Senator Obama is not a Muslim. He chose to become a Christian, and indeed has written convincingly to explain how he arrived at his choice and how important his Christian faith is to him.

Well said...

What this points to is both a deep seated lack of critical thinking skills in this country. The uneducated (Rush, Savage, etc.) preying on the even less educated. Throw in some good old fashioned religious intolerance and you've got yourself the people in this poll.

field negro said...

"What this points to is both a deep seated lack of critical thinking skills in this country. The uneducated (Rush, Savage, etc.) preying on the even less educated. Throw in some good old fashioned religious intolerance and you've got yourself the people in this poll."


Yep!

Sup Mel? I thought you would like those scriptures.

"When's college football starting back up?"

In a couple of weeks. I am watching the Birds in pre-season play T.O. and Ocho Cinco now.

n_s, I think Trapped is talking about you.

BTW, Ed Luttwak is a CIA operative who knows nothing about Islam. So what is the point of you using his oped in the NYT as proof of your position?

Val said...

Okay so they would have us believe that after all that hoopla about Reverend Wright that they don't know Obama is Christian? Right. These people are being so disingenuous that it's cartoon like.

maria said...

wyclef can't run...

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/world/americas/21haiti.html?hp

have a great weekend y`ll...

Anonymous said...

Val said...
"Okay so they would have us believe that after all that hoopla about Reverend Wright that they don't know Obama is Christian? Right. These people are being so disingenuous that it's cartoon like."

Initially, Obama made a big deal about his belonging to Rev. Wright's church, until the public was finally clued in -- after 42 states had held their primaries -- as to what Rev. Wright's church was really like. James Edwards calls it a Black Muslim church in Christian drag, and the prominent left-of-center British man of letters Jonathan Raban visited Wright's church before the storm broke and came to roughly the same conclusion about Trinity, and concluded that Obama appears to be an agnostic.

Obama officially renounced membership in Trinity around June 1, 2008, and more than two years later he still hasn't joined another church. Religion is just another prop to Obama. Maybe if he weren't so obviously disengenuous about his use of religion, people wouldn't be confused as to what the man's true beliefs were.

Well said...

James Edwards calls it a Black Muslim church in Christian drag,


That's because Edwards knows nothing about Black Muslims.

Ronald Reagan didn't go to church either. Yet, he used the religious right to his political advantage whenever he could. Talk about disingenuous.

Anonymous said...

He's no muslim. Narcissistic egomaniacal sociopaths like BHO don't worship anyone other than themselves.

Anonymous said...

While Obama is not a Muslim, he’s not a Christian either. He was raised by his atheist mother in a liberal tradition that despises religion. The whole Trinity stint was just part of Obama's attempt to pass himself off as black. Prior to hooking up with Michelle and joining the Rev. Wright's church, he hardly even knew a black person.

Anonymous said...

Field, "Yes sir Mr. President, it looks like you have a religion problem. Here in A-merry-ca a religion problem is not a good thing to have. See, it's like this: We A-merry-cans like to think of ourselves as god fearing good hearted people. It helps us all to buy into American exceptionalism, and it separates us from those savages in the rest of the world. If our president, the man who is supposed to lead us, is not making us believe that, then he cannot lead this nation of good Christian people."

Well, Obama DOES have a negative image problem, when it comes to religion. It's too bad because the way things are going, he should have nipped that in the bud earlier with a national speech about his religion and the freedom of religion in America, except Islam. American Judeo-Christians have a hard time separating out the difference between a devout Muslim, a terrorist Muslim who wants to destroy us, and Islam-the religion. In fact, they are the same for most Americans. And we AREN'T interested in YOU Field talking YOUR "critical thinking" bullshit.

Now it's a simple matter for Obama to address this issue because CLEARLY he has an image religion problem. How's that for critical thinking? And pleeeze, save the 'because he is a bm' stuff...that is NOT critical thinking.

Trapped in SC said...

What does it mean for him to be disingenuous about his religion?

A critical thinker would conclude that his religion should be as important as his race, so since one obviously is very important in the minds of this detractors, it's difficult to concede that the other factor COULD NOT BE.

And if he was a Muslim, what difference would it make?

And what decision about his religion would make the naysayers happy?

I try not to believe that this simply is not about his skin color, and the inability of conservative suburban whites to simply look past it and judge this man simply on the simple merit of doing what he is supposed to do as president, as opposed to the blindly race-tinged way everything this man and his family does as if they are somehow the world's best known welfare family.

But when you look at the conservative movement, and more specifically the far right wing of the Republican party, there is only nativist fear designed to make otherwise rational people have doubts and make irrational people say and do dumb shit simply because they can't deal with an Anglo-Saxon White Male not being president of these United States of America.

Anonymous said...

anon, "While Obama is not a Muslim, he’s not a Christian either. He was raised by his atheist mother in a liberal tradition that despises religion. The whole Trinity stint was just part of Obama's attempt to pass himself off as black. Prior to hooking up with Michelle and joining the Rev. Wright's church, he hardly even knew a black person."

"OUCH!", as Field often says. That was really good investigative work, anon. It was unbiased and factual. Anon, you might get a raise for this.

Anonymous said...

TSC, "But when you look at the conservative movement, and more specifically the far right wing of the Republican party, there is only nativist fear designed to make otherwise rational people have doubts and make irrational people say and do dumb shit simply because they can't deal with an Anglo-Saxon White Male not being president of these United States of America."

Well, you started your comment rationally, but ended up deep in the fields of irrationality. But that is where most, if not all, Americans end up due to racism and their prejudices when it comes to religion.

I am amazed at so-called critical thinkers trying to use logic and reason on religion as if it were science. Religion has nothing to do with the rational mind. You see, God resides in the heart and is beyond logic and reason. If HE wasn't beyond logic, what would be the point of faith, religion, and God?

You so-called critical thinkers are not very good thinkers. If you could just shut your damn minds down long enough to see clearly, you would see the nature of a human being and be better equipped to understand what's goes on in the 'human heart'.

Anonymous said...

TSC: "But when you look at the conservative movement, and more specifically the far right wing of the Republican party, there is only nativist fear designed to make otherwise rational people have doubts and make irrational people say and do dumb shit simply because they can't deal with an Anglo-Saxon White Male not being president of these United States of America"

I really don't think that's it. America wanted to like Obama; they elected him. but the more they get to know him, the more apparent it is that he is very much an outsider. He was not raised in America, he does not have anything at all like the typical person's cultural ties to either white or black America. He consistently puts himself across a large divide from large majorities of Americans on major issues (healthcare, immigration, and now the Ground Zero mosque). His whole purpose seems to be to change us to fit into his world. In one sense I feel sorry for him; in another I just wish he'd work out his personal issues on his own time. Getting elected President means you run one branch of government for four year, not that you get to completely reinvent the country to conform to your own fantasy of what you want it to be.

Jibreel Riley said...

this is what happens when you focus all your energy on Sarah Palin's Tweets while Goldman Sachs and CitiGroup walk thru the front door of the White House

Sandra said...

I saw the interview with Franklin Graham and couldn't believe he made those comments. So much for being a man of the cloth. It seems like he wants to start a Christian holy war.

People have been using fear and stereotypes against Black men for a long time, President Obama is no different. He's been called a socialist, muslim, elist, and other things. President Obama is the "scary Black man" who happens to be President.

It a shame a political party, US government officials, will use such tactics. We shouldn't be surprised people in other countries dont' trust our government.

Trapped in SC said...

I don't really think that's it. I think Obama was elected about 20 years too early. We live in a nation that claims to aspire to a set of highly evolved ideals without ever or very rarely having to put them into practice.

We talk about the rule of law and equal protection for all people. And we swear that we uphold the Constitution, until the woman wants to vote or the slave wants to be free. Then we retreat to old hatreds and old bigotries because we know that it's easier to be an US when we have a THEM to fight, be it the Muslim who wants a community center, or the gay who wants to have the opportunity to get right what half of heterosexuals seem to get wrong, or the immigrant who wants a better life, just like our ancestors did without fear or discussion.

The real Americans by default versus the illegals who actually are closer to real Americans than anyone, but who must prove to the joe six-packs and momma grizzlies who claim to be the true arbiters of what is real and what isn't.

People want to say that they are proud of the nation for achieving the first anything, but deep down are angry or fearful for that change and what it means for them and their place in that changing world.

The problem isn't Barack Obama and what religion he is or isn't. The problem is that deep down we don't really trust the words on the bill of rights and the constitution when it helps or enables someone that we don't have a baseline approval of.

That all of us who had a sideline perspective of every other elected official, every president and senator, every mayor and city councilman, now expect this man to either be the white knight that saves this country or the anti-christ that destroys it.

Ensuring people have healthcare in the richest country in the world or ending senseless wars or getting American private industry not to gamble with people's lives and savings without safeguards may seem radical to someone who's read Atlas Shrugged one too many times, but these things are important and I'm glad this president is working on it.

I just wish he would say "Fuck the Haters" just once. In private of course.

Anonymous said...

OBAMA wanted to be, the President of America, well, it's time for him to GROW UP! yes i said it! we have been Baby sitting him from day one! he will lay low as long as we do his dirty work! Black Blog's all over the place, defending him and his family! I am just waitng for the day, to see him go into the(YALL WHITE FOLK, WANNA MESS WITH ME! I WILL SHUT THIS WHOLE PLACE DOWN!! KEEP MESSING WITH ME MODE)LOL LOL that would be something to hear!

I don't care if he is Christian or Muslim, but, he need's to start standing firm on what he beleive's, if he say's the Mosque should be build, don't let white folk scare him into changing, what he said! they think he is a MUSLIM anyway, he need's to start walking around in MUSLIM ATTIRE! and why not, invite FARRAKHAN to the White House, while he is at it!

During the Campaign, he had to once again, prove he was a Christian! OBAMA went into the Preaching Mode, he preached Jesus, oh yes, i heard him, he was smooth with it, he did the little Black Preacher HOOP! all through his campaign he did it! Michelle would do it as well, when she spoke,I would love to be a fly on the wall, can you imagine the thing's Michelle say's behind close door's? after all, they did compare her to Angela Davis! and yet, they couldn't keep Michelle out of the White House! Michelle is, all up in White folk face and they don't have a clue!

OBAMA is a Christian, no way in this world, he would be able to endure ALL this HELL if he was not!i am not using HELL as a CUSS WORD!

ISEEISEE

Anonymous said...

TSC "The problem is that deep down we don't really trust the words on the bill of rights and the constitution when it helps or enables someone that we don't have a baseline approval of."

Perhaps, but it cuts both ways.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves."

Those who come to you, but their real agenda is to fleece the sheep. They are greedy for money. Like wolves they devour the sheep's pocketbooks. The gospel of Jesus Christ is free, it doesn't cost a dime.

"And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many."

Those who are preaching the gospel of material and monetary wealth instead of Jesus. The modern day den of thieves that have made it out of a business venture instead of all about Jesus.

As for those who like to falsely accuse the President of being a Muslim. Well... it says in the word, when Esau and Isaac were in Rebekah's womb they struggled together. When Rebekah prayed about it the Lord told her that it is was two NATIONS with two manners in her womb. Which meant that it's their behavior through which one reveals one's personality and theirs would be different as night and day.

Esau would be deceitful, shifty, and double-dealing, treachous,savage, and intimidating. On the other hand, Isaac would be forthright, modest,and ordinary living a simple life. Be honest, Which NATION does Esau sound like to you?

Anonymous said...

"I am amazed at so-called critical thinkers trying to use logic and reason on religion as if it were science. Religion has nothing to do with the rational mind. You see, God resides in the heart and is beyond logic and reason. If HE wasn't beyond logic, what would be the point of faith, religion, and God?"

Amen. You put it perfectly.

Rottnkid said...

ch555x said...
When's college football starting back up?

8:49 PM
-------------

How 'bout a brother just scored tickets to the VT Tech vs UVA game on:
Sat, Nov 27 Virginia Tech * at Blacksburg, Va. TBA

YESSIR!!!!
------------

2 UP 2 DOWN!!! Nice VA rivalry. Very nice.

GrannyStandingforTruth said...

"God resides in the heart and is beyond logic and reason."

Amen, the kingdom of God is within you. BUT some folks have so many layers of gook in their heart, until they are unable to do like the four living creatures in Ezekiel:

Anonymous said...

uh oh the beast has risen again!

Phil4Real said...

FN...I see you've been attacked by the clones(anonymous saids...)LOL!!!

Hey all you scared WP(anonymous) or whoever you may be.

America has a history of WHITE religeous hypocracy. See WHITE Americans use christianity's rules and laws as they see fit. Unfortunately they can't follow all the rules JESUS taught. Hey anonymous do you know Jesus? Cause I doubt he'd be judging the president like you all do. The Bible teaches(read that lately) that we must honor and respect GOVERNMENT. The Bible(1 John) teaches about the antichrist, which I'm sure is in all White Americans(maybe not all). The Bible also teaches that a TRUE Christian can be recognized by their LOVE for Christ. Love for Christ means you love your neighbors. It also means you love non believers, which may mean you might have to pray for them. It darn sure doesn't teach disrespect for other religeons(like burning Qurans).

Well FN enjoy your day. Tell the baby antichrist to go back hiding under their keyboards.

Peace and hair grease bruh

Phil4Real said...

One more thing...

All you people who make these accusations(hope you read this), you have a demonic spirit deep inside you. If you were of God you would be here spewing your evil propoganda. It's so easy to see you demon. I'm here though to rid you of your grip on the ignorant. You antichrist need to go to church in the morning and repent and call that demon out of your body. Otherwise don't talk about things you know nothing of, which is religeon.

Again,
Peace and hair grease bruh

Smashed The Tiny Black Box said...

Just my hunch, but I don't think Obama is either a Muslim or a Christian. I think he's either agnostic or atheist. Just my hunch.

Anon from earlier was right, Obama has always been too scared of white opinion. He needs to stop changing his mind when those in the majority that hate his guts and will never vote for him anyway start whining.

Well, whatever. Despite all that W and friends did...they'll still take white over not obviously evil or dumb.

It would be nice if Obama looked out for black America. Just saying.

Frank Drackman said...

It was the Hilary Clinton campaign that leaked that Pic of Obama(Peace be upon Him)


Frank "Black below the waste" Drackman

field negro said...

Ronald Reagan didn't go to church either. Yet, he used the religious right to his political advantage whenever he could. Talk about disingenuous."

Yes, but he was more....one of us.;)

"While Obama is not a Muslim, he’s not a Christian either. He was raised by his atheist mother in a liberal tradition that despises religion."

I knew there was something I liked about that man. (Actually, his father was an atheist. His mother was Agnostic. So your "investigative work" wasn't so good. But I get your point.)

"And we AREN'T interested in YOU Field talking YOUR "critical thinking" bullshit."

I know, that would be such hard work for you. Which is why I bet you love religion. it's so emotional.

"I am amazed at so-called critical thinkers trying to use logic and reason on religion as if it were science. Religion has nothing to do with the rational mind. You see, God resides in the heart and is beyond logic and reason. If HE wasn't beyond logic, what would be the point of faith, religion, and God?"

Did you just write that "religion has nothing to do with the rational mind"? Then why are we even debating with each other. I co-sign with you 100%.

field negro said...

Preach Phil4Real! Where does your church meet? THE TEMPLE OF THE HAIR GREASE. I like that.

Anonymous said...

Field, "I know, that would be such hard work for you. Which is why I bet you love religion. it's so emotional."

You are very condescending toward people with faith. It would be interesting to know your thoughts on religion, i.e. what it means to you?

Anonymous said...

Field, "Did you just write that "religion has nothing to do with the rational mind"? Then why are we even debating with each other. I co-sign with you 100%."

Because humans can be self-centered, irrational and unreasonable. That is the mark of human beings. They have feelings.

BTW, the obsessive irrational mind of imaginations is far more powerful than the obsessive rational mind. In many respects, it the 'driver' of the rational logical mind.

The Wright Brothers were told by the greatest rational minds minds on earth that man could not fly. The world's top scientists and mathematicians criticized them.

And to paraphrase Einstein, "I didn't come to the understanding of the Universe through my 'rational' mind. I need to know God's thoughts first-the rest are just details."

BTW, discovery of the existence of God by science will be the final insult to atheists and devout agnostics who live as though there is no God.

field negro said...

Wrong, wrong, wrong! I actually think that religion can be a good thing. Nothing wrong with folks believing in a higher being or something that they can't comprehend, as long as that higher power is making them live their lives in a way that makes them respect others.

What I don't like are hypocrites. Folks who use religion to justify their own pathologies and hide behind their bigotry

field negro said...

"BTW, discovery of the existence of God by science will be the final insult to atheists and devout agnostics who live as though there is no God."

You are on the clock. I will wait with you.........

Christopher Ruston Rich said...

The main thing I'm getting from these spasmodic wingnut mouth foam sessions is how bad their timing is getting for news cycle impact.

We seem to have several hysterical themes that vomit forth in some wave form regurgitation.

We get a bout of 'he wasn't born here' and it swirls around the porcelain bowl that if Radio Rwanda and some water of reality flushes it.

Then a different dump blows out of 'he's a damned muslim'. The gutless media churns that mess for a bit and then wooosh, down it goes.

The things have shorter and shorter shelf lives with each round of repetitions.

We're probably about due for another round of 'he's a commie' but that bit of premature vituperation will blow its worthless wad ineptly as well and by mid October the harmless general public will resume paying a bit more attention, notice the foul reek emitting from foaming wingnutia and decide to pull vote levers once more for Democrats despite their seeming impotence merely because the alternative is awash in despicability.

field negro said...

Between Christopher Ruston.. and Phil, I am having some church up in here this morning. Amen!

MeandMyMicroscope said...

As a scientist, I LOVE that Einstein quote!!! And as a person who once questioned religion as a double major in religion and science, I was happy to have my last few unanswered "religious" issues addressed by the book "the case for the creator".

Christopher Ruston Rich said...

You know, I just remembered that one of the most valuable things anyone can read about the religion problem dates back to the 1840's or so, the last. addendum, chapter of Frederick Douglass's opus, 'Up From Slavery'.

It takes longer to speak out loud that the pledge of allegiance but I think it is more appropriate.

And it certainly enhances mr Phil's points. It's funny how, between Tocqueville and Douglass, you get a still useful snapshot of the mindset of what we now have and yet more than 170 years have passed.

Anonymous said...

field negro said...
"Between Christopher Ruston.. and Phil, I am having some church up in here this morning. Amen!"

Does your church revolve around false pieties and intellectual circle jerks? Because all those guys due beat on strawmen.

If CRR had actually read Tocqueville with any seriousness, he wouldn't be spouting such nonsense....

Anonymous said...

The whole thing with the latest Obama labeling is that the Right is trying to paint this picture that he's Unamerican. The Socialist, Communist etc.. is the same game they're been playing for decades. Meaning Blacks aren't as 'American' as whites. Even though Blacks (and Mexicans)have been in this country longer then most of the Whites making this charge.

Well said...

There's a big difference between there being a creator of some kind and the Bible and the Koran being literally true. Both works reflect the times they were written; hence, they both have more than their fair share of bloodshed and intolerance. Neither should be documents that people should live there lives by.

For one I agree that Obama could very well be a closet atheist or agnostic. It's obvious he never was never into Liberation Theology; he wasn't hardly ever n church to even know what was going on there. Nor does he appear to be in any hurry to find another. In a country where a politician of any stripe must be religious, this is a good thing. We had all the old time religion we needed when Bush was in office.

Anonymous said...

Muslims and Jews can sometimes work together for the common good. For example, Egyptian border guards are shooting the negroes who are trying to sneak into Israel.

Here's Israelis don't want your kind:

"Curb the African invasion"

"Yet if we hesitate about stopping them, we shall cause ourselves irreversible damage. We may end up dividing Jerusalem in order to preserve our Jewish character, yet the next day discover an African majority in Eilat, Arad, and southern Tel Aviv."

www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3927351,00.html

Let's face it, NOBODY want nigras around - for the obvious reasons.

Well said...

Field,

I'd love to hear your take on Bob Herbert's column in the Times today.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/opinion/21herbert.html?_r=1&hp

Cal Soldier said...

Field,
Greetings! Long time no comment. I've been busy since Uncle Sam moved me from the Golden State to Rand Paul country.

This whole Muslim President and Ground Zero Mosque is a crock of sh*t that the GOP is using to gin up support for November. If We the People get suckered in to putting these clowns back in power, we may not survive as a nation to regret it.

I didn't fight overseas to defend the Constitution just to see Republicans use that document to slander the President and disenfranchise other Americans.

field negro said...

Let's face it, NOBODY want nigras around - for the obvious reasons."

You are right. After a few years their societies will just start getting more brown.
I feel you. :)

Well, I will check out that article and get back to you.

mellaneous said...

Field I hesitate to jump into the religious argument for obvious reasons, but I wanted to clear up something Phil 4 real said.

The apostle Paul wrote in Romans that Christians should honor and respect gov't. This was Paul throwing the Roman gov't a bone since it was so hard on Christians at the time.

But this does not preclude the idea that those who believe in God must obey God rather than Caesar, so to speak.

MLK settled this argument by encouraging folks not to obey immoral and unjust laws (read Jim Crow segregation at the time) because there is indeed a higher moral law.

During Jesus ministry the Pharisees tried to make Jesus reveal his whole hand by asking if they the Jews should pay taxes or tribute to Caesar. Jesus had to borrow a coin to make his point, that they should give to Ceasar what belongs to Ceasar.

And of course the rub Field is that Jesus knew that they knew, just like him that, "the earth is the Lords and the fullness thereof; the world and everything in it."

Nothing belongs to Ceasar so anyone claiming to follow God is obliged to follow the dictates of God's law esp when it comes into conflict with the laws of man esp the ones designd to oppress and dominate our fellow human beings.

Church say Amen!

Anonymous said...

As a scientist, I LOVE that Einstein quote!!miscreant

u aint a scientist just a liar with delusions of grandeur u ignorant wench!

mellaneous said...

Field check out the Bob Herbert column from Friday in the NYTimes.

Brother Field as I have been saying to the regulars on this blog it doesn't matter a whole lot these days what your political perspective, black folks have got to roll up their sleeves and do what they can in their perspective communities to help lift fellow blacks out of their misery while at the same time calling the system out for its double standards and institutional rules that limit black progress. This means demanding a fair justice system, a more equitable education system and a massive jobs creation program for everyone willing to work.

Here is an excerpt for Bob Herberts column:

...."This is a cancer that has been allowed to metastasize for decades. Not only is it not being treated, most people don’t even want to talk about it. In virtually every facet of life in the United States, black people — and especially black boys and men — are coming up short. White families are typically five times as wealthy as black families. More than a third of all black children are growing up in poverty. In Ohio, according to the National Center for Children in Poverty, the percentage is more than half.

There are myriad reasons for this awful state of affairs. As with so many other problems in American society, a lack of gainful employment has been a huge contributor to the problems faced by blacks. Chronic unemployment is hardly a plus-factor for marriage and family stability. And the absence of strong family units with mature parental guidance is at the very root of the chaotic environment that so many black youngsters grow up in.

The abominable incarceration rates among blacks are the result of two overwhelming factors: the persistence of criminal behavior by a significant percentage of the black population, and a criminal justice system that in many respects is racially discriminatory and out of control. Both of these factors need to be engaged head-on, and both will require a staggeringly heavy lift.

Education in the broadest sense is the key to stopping this socioeconomic slide that is taking such a horrific toll in the black community. People have to understand what is happening to them before they can really do much about it. Young blacks who have taken a wrong road, or are at risk of taking a wrong road, have to be shown a feasible legitimate alternative.

The aspect of this crisis that is probably the most important and simultaneously the most difficult to recognize is that the heroic efforts needed to alleviate it will not come from the government or the wider American society. This is a job that will require a campaign on the scale of the civil rights movement, and it will have to be initiated by the black community.

Whether this is fair or not is irrelevant. There is very little sentiment in the wider population for tackling the extensive problems faced by poor and poorly educated black Americans.

Check this paragraph out ---

****"What is needed is a dramatic mobilization of the black community to demand justice on a wide front — think employment, education and the criminal justice system — while establishing a new set of norms, higher standards, for struggling blacks to live by.****

For many, this is a fight for survival. And it is an awesomely difficult fight. But the alternative is to continue the terrible devastation that has befallen so many families and communities: the premature and often violent deaths, the inadequate preparation for an increasingly competitive workplace, the widespread failure to exercise one’s intellectual capacity, the insecurity that becomes ingrained from being so long at the bottom of the heap.

Terrible injustices have been visited on black people in the United States, but there is never a good reason to collaborate in one’s own destruction. Blacks in America have a long and proud history of overcoming hardship and injustice. It’s time to do it again."

hennasplace said...

People focus on the religion when they have nothing else. There is a deep-seeded hatred or great frustration is at the heart of it. People need to blame someone for their own failures or something that has not gone right with their lives. It must someone else's fault that I cannot succeed or thrive. It's one reason why the vote their financial interests. They have worked hard and have nothing to show for it, and they lack opportunity. To say that the President is a Muslim is nothing more than distraction like the issue with the development of the Islamic Cultural Center and Mosque development that is a small issue of a greater scheme of the big picture. In the meantime, this has taken a lengthy conversation while larger issues are not more than a little dot on the radar screen. It's when the animal rights people who protested Batman II when they thought real penguins were being used in the movie when the were not, and during the protest step over a homeless person to get the protest.

I think the greater context of this discussion should focus the under privilege and disenfranchise people who actually this nonsense because they do not have anything else. No one really helps, but makes sure they remain polarized by fear and utter ignorance. They cling to guns and God because they have nothing else as candidate Obama mentioned in a speech was criticized for it, but he was right. Beck and Limbaugh or Lonesome Rhodes who know that their audience are ignorant and they need them to because they cannot make money otherwise. You do not think they believe that their audience are a bunch of hicks or rednecks, and who wouldn't spend two seconds in these people's company. They goal is to make money of these people.

mellaneous said...

Field this is the link to the Bob Herbert column.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/21/opinion/21herbert.html?_r=1

MeandMyMicroscope said...

Anonymous said...
As a scientist, I LOVE that Einstein quote!!miscreant

u aint a scientist just a liar with delusions of grandeur u ignorant wench!>>>>>>>>>>>

FUCK YOU, you assnonymous, ignorant, hatin' ass BITCH!! I pay more in taxes than you earn in a month!

And I'm sure my 9th grader VERY likely knows more science than you, AND your greasy ass mammy and pappy!! Jealous ho'!!!!

I'd LOVE to ear your face on the hood of my E Class, except I just had the emblem replaced because your loser brother stole the last one!

Moderation my fuckin' ass, LOL!!!!

Free said...

Yep, Field, you were way ahead of me on this one. I was really trying to stand with Obama but, right out of the gate, he was doing things that made me go, "Hmmm." If I could, I'd buy you a meal for sounding the alarm. Let's hope people are really listening!

uptownsteve said...

Well,

"Field,

I'd love to hear your take on Bob Herbert's column in the Times today."

Well you act as if this is the first time we've read columns like this.

I don't know about you but it seems that I've been reading them my entire adult life.

Can you tell me of a time in America when the "crisis in Black America" has NOT been a topic of national discussion?

We are the most talked about, examined, scrutinized an demonized people on the planet.

The question I have for all you folks who are so obsessed with how fucked up black folks are is "WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?"

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

The majority of America's black citizens are functioning, law abiding, adjusted people who are just trying to live their lives to the survive and exist to the best of their abilities like anyone else.

There is a disproportionate segment of black America that is an underclass, very visible and demonized, which UNLIKE ANY OTHER COMMUNITY, stigmatizes every other member of the community.

White bigots smear us all with the dysfunction label to justify their hate.

Many blacks do it because of their internalization of black inferiority and doubts about their own self worth.

Mr. (or Ms) Well, what is your suggestion that we as a community do about the 70% out of wedlock birth rate, the mass incarceration rate and the low graduation rates?

Seriously.

Just yap about it more and damn ourselves for being black?

Accept the racist's assessment of us as inherently inferior and degenerate?

Or recognize the fact that poverty, racism and a lack of opportunity created a dysfunction, stagnant and self-perpetuating underclass which will require a virtual Marshall Plan to fix.

Well said...

"Mr. (or Ms) Well, what is your suggestion that we as a community do about the 70% out of wedlock birth rate, the mass incarceration rate and the low graduation rates?"


I've given my opinion on that multiple times, but since you never listen to me (if you did, you'd know my opinion) it's quite pointless for me to go over it again.

no_slappz said...

anon 9:05 a.m. wrote:

The Wright Brothers were told by the greatest rational minds minds on earth that man could not fly. The world's top scientists and mathematicians criticized them.

False. Totally false.

But this idiotic claim raises a point.

Why is it that blacks repeatedly claim some god-like figure always appears and tells a lesser figure that a certain goal is impossible?

Over and over. Every challenge discussed by blacks includes the addendum "THEY said it couldn't be done."

Meanwhile, with respect the Wright Brothers and flight, well, as always, ignorance rules in these precincts.

About 500 years ago Leonardo da Vinci unlocked a lot of secrets about flight. A couple of hundred years later Daniel Bernoulli took things several steps further with his understanding of fluid mechanics and how to make a wing.

The Wright Brothers merely added an engine. They got the power-to-weight-to-lift ratio right and off they went into the wild blue yonder.

Recently I learned about a young African in Mali or Malawi who learned a thing or two about physics and built a windmill. Thus it seems a little of this science stuff has reached the heart of Africa.

So it took maybe 500 years for some basic science dreamed up by Leonado da Vinci to travel from Italy to a point about 1,000 miles south.

I guess that means there's no stopping the march of science.

It seems the black kid who recently built the first windmill ever in his nation is on the right track. But it also appears he comes from a cautious nation. One that would rather not rush wildly into an uncertain future where godless machines might run amok.

mellaneous said...

Uptown did you read the Herbert article?

The point I was trying to make is that we should do whatever we can to make things better for all of us.

The point I was trying to make as well as Bob Herbert and even Well said is that we do have problems in part of our community and WE should do what we can to help sove these problems. And that includes those who have supposedly made it.

And that answer includes as Herbert points out, calling the system out for its injustices as well as calling out the community for its shortcomings and doing what we can within our capacity to work with others to do what we can to lessen them.

Steve everyone knows that most black folks are hard working people (except for ignorant racists and even most of them know better) But the reason we keep talking about the issues that are threatening the lesser off in our community is so that we can come up with ways to change them.

And you should know that I am not a talker I am both an articulator of our problems and a fighter for our people and against the evils of the system.

I understand that it takes a virtual Marshall plan to fix our problems which is why I keep articulating the problems hoping that others will help in the effort to fight for a Marshall Plan or something that will alleviate the problem.

But its no use pretending that part of the community is not catching hell and that racism is on the rise and not the decline. And ironically if middle class Black America continues to ignore their lesser off brethren they themselves may one day find themselves in for a rude awakening.

mellaneous said...

NS(the plant) said:
"Why is it that blacks repeatedly claim some god-like figure always appears and tells a lesser figure that a certain goal is impossible?"

What are you talking about? What blacks have said this foolishness? Just go ahead and make you racist point NS you don't need to pretend that black folks have said something so foolish.

And BTW their are plenty of scientists in Africa whatever part that you want to point to, cut the racist crap!

What do you do get up in the morning and brush your teeth with racist toothpaste and eat a racist breakfast because its all you spout. If you are indeed paid for what you do (and I believe you are, ill will simply cannot be that motivating) you deserve a raise because its the only thing you seem capable of doing and you do it well.

no_slappz said...

uptownsteve writes:

Or recognize the fact that poverty, racism and a lack of opportunity created a dysfunction, stagnant and self-perpetuating underclass which will require a virtual Marshall Plan to fix.

Marshall Plan? Leave it to uptownsteve to deliver the worst of all possible plans.

Before the US rebuilt Germany, the US bombed Germany into rubble, killing as many Germans as possible until the remaining Germains begged for mercy and committed themselves to an Unconditional Surrender.

In other words, the Germans did exactly what US military leaders told them to do. However, before we got around to doing the rebuilding we put most of the German leadership on trial, convicted them and executed them.

Is that the scenario you had in mind?

Meanwhile, in Japan, General MacArthur ran a similar show.

In both cases it took SEVEN YEARS after the shooting stopped in 1945 to complete the rebuilding and launch the new nations.

mellaneous said...

For uptown:

Herbert said:

"Whether this is fair or not is irrelevant. There is very little sentiment in the wider population for tackling the extensive problems faced by poor and poorly educated black Americans.

What is needed is a dramatic mobilization of the black community to demand justice on a wide front — think employment, education and the criminal justice system — while establishing a new set of norms, higher standards, for struggling blacks to live by.

For many, this is a fight for survival. And it is an awesomely difficult fight. But the alternative is to continue the terrible devastation that has befallen so many families and communities: the premature and often violent deaths, the inadequate preparation for an increasingly competitive workplace, the widespread failure to exercise one’s intellectual capacity, the insecurity that becomes ingrained from being so long at the bottom of the heap.

Terrible injustices have been visited on black people in the United States, but there is never a good reason to collaborate in one’s own destruction. Blacks in America have a long and proud history of overcoming hardship and injustice. It’s time to do it again."

no_slappz said...

mellaneous writes:

Uptown did you read the Herbert article?

Herbert's lame commentary could have been written 12 times a year, every year since 1950. It' an old tired plea that's been almost totally ignored by the people Herbert wants to reach.

First problem for Herbert is the problem of audience. The people he wants to reach do not read the NY Times. In fact, many of them do not read at all, which puts some sand in his gears.

Second, he has not got the slightest idea of what to do. So, that's that.

no_slappz said...

mellaneous, you wrote:

And BTW their are plenty of scientists in Africa whatever part that you want to point to, cut the racist crap!

It's terribly sad that you probably believe your own nonsense. But, NO, there aren't any "scientists" in sub-Sahara Africa except those who arrived from other countries and are there to help out and the white scientists in South Africa.

field negro said...

"First problem for Herbert is the problem of audience. The people he wants to reach do not read the NY Times. In fact, many of them do not read at all, which puts some sand in his gears."

n_s, your ignorance is showing again.

BTW, I happen to agree with you about the Wright Brothers, but that's it. And, for the record, I think that anon. you were slamming is a white guy, so I am sure you might want to reconsider. Since white is always right in your book.

UTS, I feel your frustration. As someone who has been around middle upper class black folks all my life I can see where one can fall into that bubble. But we can't deny that there are problems, and, like you said, it's going to take folks like us and others to solve it. The n_s of the world could give a damn. Those of his ilk just enjoy feeding into their own ignorance and bigotry and it makes them feel better about themselves.

Mellaneous, your last poaragraph at 12:40 pm was profound.

Stick with me Free, there is more where that came from. I have a
6th sense for these types of things.:)

no_slappz said...

field, you wrote:

BTW, Ed Luttwak is a CIA operative who knows nothing about Islam.

Luttwak knows nothing about islam? I see. Why don't you ask an imam if a child born to a muslim father is -- at birth -- a muslim?

The imam will say YES a child born to a muslim father is, at birth, a muslim.

At that point you will have to admit that Luttwak knows at least that much about islam and muslims.

You could also check your Koran. Anyway, it's similar to being a US citizenship simply because a baby dropped from the womb onto US soil.

Like US citizenship, a muslim can renounce his faith and become part of another entity.

So what is the point of you using his oped in the NYT as proof of your position?

The point? Very simple. The Times, by way of its editorial page, was publicizing Obama's incontestable muslim cred when it looked as though he were a long shot. Inasmuch as the Times does some fact-checking, you can bet that before publishing Luttwak's comments, his assertion about who is a muslim was verified.

The statement is rational and true. It is not a creation of screwballs. that's key.

uptownsteve said...

mellaneous

"But its no use pretending that part of the community is not catching hell and that racism is on the rise and not the decline. And ironically if middle class Black America continues to ignore their lesser off brethren they themselves may one day find themselves in for a rude awakening."

What do you suggest the black middle class DO?

Specifically?

That's all I'm asking.

It seems to me that a lot of folks like you think that incessantly talking about the "problems with blacks" shows your maturity and advancement from "victimhood" but what exactly is the responsiblity of black folks who have busted their asses, played by the rules, and advanced DESPITE America's persistent racism?

TELL ME.

Please.

Anonymous said...

MeandMyMicroscope said...

Anonymous said...
As a scientist, I LOVE that Einstein quote!!miscreant

u aint a scientist just a liar with delusions of grandeur u ignorant wench!>>>>>>>>>>>

FUCK YOU, you assnonymous, ignorant, hatin' ass BITCH!! I pay more in taxes than you earn in a month!

And I'm sure my 9th grader VERY likely knows more science than you, AND your greasy ass mammy and pappy!! Jealous ho'!!!!

I'd LOVE to ear your face on the hood of my E Class, except I just had the emblem replaced because your loser brother stole the last one!

Moderation my fuckin' ass, LOL!!!!
madly mistaken miscreant

yes sure miss thang so a real scientist behaves like u? cussing up a storm and patently UNABLE to answer any scientific or math question that comes ur way? darling ur lies and incompetence r almost as astounding as ur amnesia so was it that u have four degrees or three again? cuz last month u said u had three degrees now ure saying u have four u r incompetent at even keeping ur lies straight dumbass
and a real scientist knows that worth is not measured in material possessions rather what uve been able to put down in the field and learn bragging about ur 1990s wannabe lil kim E class only gets u laughed at dumbass cuz unless u engineered that vehicle it dont mean shit idgit!
lets be honest ure not a real scientist u just play one in the theatre of ur minds eye the truth is that u r unaccomplished and have a desire to brag about what could have been in some alternate universe everybody here knows ure a liar and r full of shit why continue to try to perpetuate ur lies when we all know ure a liar?
u r not acting very scientific on this..oh wait...its cuz u aint a scientist at all!

*parola chrick*

Anonymous said...

lastly its interesting how u told everybody not to pay attention to anonymous commentators yet u dont even take ur own advice cuz uve spent a bit of time engaging this commentator and for what? to prove that ur obvious lies r true? clearly anyone who gets as defensive as u when questioned about their profession has something to hide where r ur publications in scholarly journals? where is evidence of anything that uve claimed here? answer, it just dont exist just like ur girl a buceta claiming she got a 250 iq of course there is no proof anywhere that any human has scored that high on an iq test but she keeps holding onto that lie JUST LIKE U
pinochio must be rolling over in his grave cuz yall r worse liars than him!
now go back to analyzing those stool samples chrick eyem sure they miss their pidly lab tech when ure blogging chrick



*parola*

Anonymous said...

she is not scientist. a classless slut mabye, but not a scientist.

Anonymous said...

FN to UTS
But we can't deny that there are problems, and, like you said, it's going to take folks like us and others to solve it

AMEN, served a hard one to Brother UTS. He put you in your place UTS, stop living in la la land and stop denying there are problems.

Thank you FN.

Anonymous said...

What do you suggest the black middle class DO?
You mean the unstable black middle class? Look at the stats on middle class blacks and their offspring.

I think your post earlier UTS describes your mantra. You are too afraid to admit the black community issues because you are afraid some racist will hear you and then have power over you. Kinda sad old man.

Anonymous said...

mellaneous is on some obsolete ways of thinking the truth is that not all black people r ur brothers or sisters in africa we wasnt never united and this black unity shit is just an artifact of oppression cuz now we aint segregated anymore see how much black unity really exists it doesnt and a buceta clearly shows this if u aint part of the man hatin carpet lickin tribe then she will humiliate and degrade you even insult ur family members if u like to make money and work hard in the capitalist system dont count on mellaneous to support u cuz all he does is talk shit about capitalists if u r a birracial black woman with a white mother dont look for support here cuz laa hates u simply for being if u r a black man and go out with a woman of another race watch out cuz laa will publicly castrate u if u r black but live in the ghetto dont ask uts for support cuz he cannot relate and according to him most blacks are middle class so there is cognitive disconnect there and if u criticize the presidents policies dont ask lac for support cuz despite the fact he feels that hes objective he worships obama does that sound like black unity to u? and if the good lord allowed u to come up with light skin Jesus be with u cuz mmm and a buceta will clown on u for ur genetic makeup black unity is a farce NO! it dont exist and now we can see that it never has existed we r just as tribal now as we was in africa when eye see people part of my tribe and they see me its all love but some blacks aint part of my tribe and they know it and eye know it and aint no love there...

Anonymous said...

MMM

You need Jesus, he can save you from that ghetto mouth.


Field,
When the documents are requested as public domain, let me know, I have every blog and all postings zipped and saved. Of course I have them for when you run for office as well ;)

Anonymous said...


Field,
When the documents are requested as public domain, let me know, I have every blog and all postings zipped and saved. Of course I have them for when you run for office as well ;)
anon

sounds like this is ripe for extortion imho

uptownsteve said...

Field,

"UTS, I feel your frustration. As someone who has been around middle upper class black folks all my life I can see where one can fall into that bubble. But we can't deny that there are problems, and, like you said, it's going to take folks like us and others to solve it."

Field, that's the kicker.

I have NOT been around middle classed black folks all my life.

I grew up in the West Bronx which during the time of my youth was a declining working class area of blacks, puerto ricans and what was referred to as "shanty Irish".

I came from what I believe to be the last generation of black urban dwellers to have working men in the households.

The difference between guys who fell prey to the streets and guys like me who stayed straight, went to school and had aspirations to get out of the hood was we had functional adults in the home who made us accountable for our actions.

Provided secure, clean homes with regular meals. Stressed responsiblity. Provided examples of work and diligence.

That came from a good paying job that allowed men to support their families, purchase a home, a car and other pleasures.

You don't have that now in the inner cities.

Hell, you don't even see men. Go to the hood today and you will see scared women looking out of windows, young girls on porches drinking coolers and rocking baby carriages and young boys posturing or slinging drugs.

I'm sorry. I don't believe there is a problem with "black folks".

I see too many of us excelling and achieving despite the odds.

There is a segment of our community that is being left behind because of poverty, lack of opportunity and broken familes.

We need a Marshall Plan for the inner cities.

But we have to stop the self-hatred.

We are a great people.

uptownsteve said...

Ass-non

"I think your post earlier UTS describes your mantra. You are too afraid to admit the black community issues because you are afraid some racist will hear you and then have power over you."

Nah.

I think obsessing about black folks' so-called "problems" helps you deal with the fact that you can't get laid and your car got repossesed.

Anonymous said...

MMM, "As a scientist, I LOVE that Einstein quote!!! And as a person who once questioned religion as a double major in religion and science, I was happy to have my last few unanswered "religious" issues addressed by the book "the case for the creator"."

Thanks MMM. It's much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

no_slappz, your hatred of ALL Blacks runs deep. I bet your hatred wishes it had even MORE Blacks to hate. That kind of obsessive hate must be hard on your heart and exhausting for your mind. Hitler and the grand wizard are very proud of you. Keep hating, it's good for people like you. What happened? did you lose your one and only girlfriend to a black man, or have you been bullied one?

NS, I really do empathize with you because your hatred has to be frustrating and unbearable. May God have mercy on you.:)

Anonymous said...

Field, are you against Obama or for Obama? Stand up and be counted one way or the other. Stop being a waffling coward.

Anonymous said...

no_slappz, forget about the Wright Brothers, what about Columbus? He made a statement during the days that 'white' men thought the earth was flat. Now that is being a dumb ass and no black man would ever think such a thing. In fact, 'true' history records that Blacks tried to tell you Whites that the world was round, but you wouldn't listen.

That's why Columbus set out to prove the world was round. BTW, Columbus was a black man. Now, you can't disprove that anymore than you can disprove what the Wright Bros. went through with those assinine world-class White scientists who didn't know their asses from a hole in the ground.

BTW, the killing of 6 million Jews by your Celtic barbarian relatives holds the record for violence in human history. Now that is proof that there is going to be something wrong with descendents of those groups because that's how those kinds of genes gets transmitted, according to science.

And, no_slappz, YOU are a descendent.

yes_slappz

Anonymous said...

I think obsessing about black folks' so-called "problems" helps you deal with the fact that you can't get laid and your car got repossesed.


another classist posting on the FN Blog. How about some of the "men" on here address classism as you do racism.

Oh that's right, when you are oppressed, you generally leverage what you can to oppress others of the same group.

Wonder if UTS and FN would help catch slaves for the white man's pleasure. Probably.

And UTS, your comment about getting laid really just implies you are a dirty dirty old man. I hope you don't beat your wife and teach your boys to suck your dick as some other posters have eluded to.

no_slappz said...

anon 7:25,

Quick. Give yourself that dose of thorazine. You were supposed to take it an hour ago. You're losing it.

You wrote:

BTW, the killing of 6 million Jews by your Celtic barbarian relatives holds the record for violence in human history.

Let me clear up a misconception of yours. My forebears came from England, Sweden and Austria. None from Germany. Meanwhile, some of my Austrian relatives were undoubtedly among the 6 million.

Well said...

No_Slappz,


The problem of increasing poverty is not confined to the underclass. Even the black middle class is eroding. Soon, the white middle class will as well.

By condemning an entire race of people and consigning increasing numbers of them to welfare roles, food stamps, and destitute conditions, we erode away at the country itself. What a colossal waste to have so many of our citizens confined to prisons or as dependents of the state. That's money we pour right down the drain. Those are citizens that can't contribute to the country. As America becomes increasingly non-white, your brand of white chauvinism will bring this country to its knees. We must educate and invest in black and brown communities.

Nor are your social Darwin style views tenable. The Human Genome Project and modern genetics have shown blacks and whites have negligible genetic differences. There is no inherently inferior race. Give it up.

field negro said...

sounds like this is ripe for extortion imho"

Good luck with that!

"Field, are you against Obama or for Obama? Stand up and be counted one way or the other. Stop being a waffling coward."

It's more nuanced than that. I am for him when my ideological enemies attack him. I am against him when he does stuff that pisses me off. Like show fear of my ideological enemies.

MeandMyMicroscope said...

Anonymous said...
yes sure miss thang so a real scientist behaves like u? cussing up a storm and patently UNABLE to answer any scientific or math question that comes ur way?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The ONLY person who's EVER asked me a math or science question on this blog is the VERY "absent" MR, so thanks for once again proving to people who read this blog how much of a puck ass bitch you are MR.

But it occurs to me that you and your assnonmy friend (is that YOU LAA or Maria??) are right, I'm not a Scientist. I'm a PUBLISHED Scientist, and where I work that makes a HUGE difference which is why I'm blessedly PAID without a PhD, LOL!!!!.

So again, FUCK OFF MR AKA Muah, muah, muaf*cker! and ALL the other assnoymous bitches that don't' do anything but live obviously pathetic empty and miserable lives.

Anonymous said...

no_slappz, "Let me clear up a misconception of yours. My forebears came from England, Sweden and Austria. None from Germany. Meanwhile, some of my Austrian relatives were undoubtedly among the 6 million."

There are ovens and gas chambers in Austria where Jews were killed. And you have Austrian blood running through your veins. No question about it, you are a descendent of world-class killers. There is no way you can separate yourself from that.

hennasplace said...

Hi Anon 7:25pm:

I have one correction about Columbus' voyage. By the time he set, Europe is already aware of the fact the world was round. There was another why Columbus made the voyage and especially around 1492. Columbus wanted to find an alternative route to India and the reason for finding another was due to the Moors. They had the Iberian Peninsula on lock down so to speak. No one could pass their ships through that area unless paid the Moors or if the Moors felt like letting them go through, but most likely the former than the latter. Spain would probably had given Columbus the money prior to 1492 to make such a trip if not money being tied up in fighting the Moors for ten years to get them out of Spain. Spain succeeded in this goal, and the country had the finances to send Columbus onto the New World. It was a business opportunity and there's also the legacy factor to Columbus wanting to make the trip. It is not clear if Columbus mistaken the new world for India because we do not have enough information, and history does not always have full story until new documentation is discovered with more facts one way or another.

Anonymous said...

Field, "It's more nuanced than that. I am for him when my ideological enemies attack him. I am against him when he does stuff that pisses me off. Like show fear of my ideological enemies."

Field, that is being totally irrational. And you claim to be a 'rational' person? seems to me the right wing makes you lose contro of your feelings and mind. You are powerless against them.

You and your left wing followers should pray for something bigger than yourselves to help you to maintain a rational mind because clearly you cannot do it on your own. Like I said before, the irrational mind is a lot more powerful than the little ole rational mind...don't you agree?

Nevertheless, keep pretending like your rational mind is in total control.

Well said...

Herbert's article mentions Ohio, and there is a very good report put out by The Kirwan Institute at Ohio State University on Black Ohio.

Here are some highlights:


This widening gap between the expanding middle class and those
entrenched in poverty is a barrier to uniting the community around a
common agenda with clear priorities.
If a unified approach is to be developed, those seeking change will have to
clearly understand that the many challenges facing the community are not
independent and isolated, but rather are interrelated and systemic. It is in neighborhoods that people are educated, find first jobs, make
friends, and get involved in civic activities. More than 40 years of research
have documented the powerful ripple effects of neighborhood conditions
for shaping life outcomes"


"In the last decade, on
average, African American students made gains at faster rates than white
students across most subjects and grade levels."


" This summary reflects information collected in statewide research by the
Kirwan Institute for the Study of Race and Ethnicity begun in 2008. The
• Systemic institutional and structural challenges negate any claim that
we are in a “post-racial” society.
• Pervasive racial and economic segregation remain the norm in public
schools, resulting in long-term harmful effects on our children’s
educational and social development."

Read the whole thing here:

http://4909e99d35cada63e7f757471b7243be73e53e14.gripelements.com/publications/state_of_black_ohio_mar2010.pdf

uptownsteve said...

"There are ovens and gas chambers in Austria where Jews were killed. And you have Austrian blood running through your veins. No question about it, you are a descendent of world-class killers. There is no way you can separate yourself from that."

Ahh but no_slappz is a Jew.

He just doesn't want to acknowledge it on this board because he's posturing as an angry white guy.

I've encountered quite a few of his type on these boards.

He knows damn well that anti-semitism among rightwing whites is still rampant, and if there weren't blacks, latino immigrants and muslims here in America to demonize, Jews would be catching hell.

No_slappz is trying to get his "white guy" card punched.

Anonymous said...

mad miscreant, u r published r u? in what? the journal of wannabe scientist shenaynay ramblings? u have no class no vocabulary and no brain underneath ur triflin head nor can u provide proof of any of ur statements cuz there is none ur confabulations r funny if not pitiful u r no more a scientist than eye am a hair dresser and eye aint no hair dresser hon ur humiliation is palpable sweetie pie now what was it again- did u have three or four degrees cuz last month u said something different then this month liar!
go ahead and provide a link to the talks, poster sessions or publications uve authored and eyem sure ule find a way to not provide anything cuz u aint a real scientist
real scientists blog using their names cuz they have nothing to hide

*idgit*

no_slappz said...

anon 8:21 pm, you wrote:

There are ovens and gas chambers in Austria where Jews were killed.

Ah, more ignorance. No, there were NOT extermination camps in Austria. There was one labor camp where prisoners died, but not in gas chambers. They died for the usual reasons slaves died.

And you have Austrian blood running through your veins. No question about it, you are a descendent of world-class killers. There is no way you can separate yourself from that.

You are truly a slow learner, which means you need extra help to grasp the obvious.

My Austrian forebears were the people hitler was most determined to exterminate. The people most commonly killed in the gas chambers.

Anonymous said...


But it occurs to me that you and your assnonmy friend (is that YOU LAA or Maria??) are right, I'm not a Scientist. I'm a PUBLISHED Scientist, and where I work that makes a HUGE difference which is why I'm blessedly PAID without a PhD, LOL!!!!.
miscreant

so um what field have u published in? where r ur publications? answer, there r none ya lyin chriflin chrick!
dont nobody believe u here at all trust that liar liar pants on fire!

MeandMyMicroscope said...

Muahmammy, don't you have something important to do like wipe your son's ass?

Unlike you, I don't have to doubt the success of others because God has blessed me abundantly with my own. I told you before MR at least 10 times now, I don't have shit to prove to you. Post links to my publications which one could easily access with pubmed. WTF for? You're a non entity with NO education, job or career, and more than that, you're a stalker with nothing that resembles a life, so why in the hell would I waste my time showing you links to presentations I've made, national awards I've received??

I've said it before, I find your obsessive stalking behavior towards me and AB dangerous due in large part to you're being so beyond irrational with your personal rants and attacks, that I would have banned your stalking your ass a LONG time ago.

But now upon the advice of the finest, smartest, Black man I know, maybe it's time I listened to him and allowed my virtual life to imitate my real one. I don't deal with lowlife's and those who would choose to keep company with them in reality because I believe "you are the company you keep".

So I bid you a FINAL FUCK YOU as much to you, as the those you choose to "ride and die" with you too!

no_slappz said...

uptownsteve wrote:

Ahh but no_slappz is a Jew.

He just doesn't want to acknowledge it on this board because he's posturing as an angry white guy.


uptownsteve, as always you supply the idiot commentary.

Here's something for you. I would consider it a compliment to myself if I were truly Jewish. But I cannot rightfully make that claim.

To set you straight, my great-grandfather was an Austrian Ashkenazi Jew who landed in the Lower East Side of Manhattan in the late 1800s. My grandfather was born in NY City. My grandmother, a Lutheran, was born in Sweden, but as a child, landed in the Bronx.

Hence, my father is half-Jewish -- if you accept the DNA concept of Jewishness, and he was raised in a non-religious home.

My mother was Protestant. With respect to Jewish religious practice, a child born to a Jewish MOTHER is Jewish at birth. Therefore, I missed that cut. But in terms of DNA, I'm one-quarter Jewish. Call me whatever you like.

My kids are Jewish -- by all standard measures.

He knows damn well that anti-semitism among rightwing whites is still rampant, and if there weren't blacks, latino immigrants and muslims here in America to demonize, Jews would be catching hell.

Hey. Nice try stevie, but no, that's not how it is in this country, except when muslim anger is inflamed.

In the US, anti-Semitism is around, but it's a relatively minor social construct. No doors that matter are closed to Jews. Why? Because Jews have a long history of getting educated and jumping into the economic mix -- with excellent results.

No_slappz is trying to get his "white guy" card punched.

I'm not sure what point you think you're making. Either you're so ignorant you really do think Jews (with a few exceptions) are not white. Or you think you're whacking me with an insult.

Either way, you lose.

sharon in nh said...

If the Obamas joined a church today, it wouldn't be enough for their critics.

"It's too white."

"It's too black."

"It's too liberal."

"It's too conservative."

"They ordain women."

"They don't ordain women."

"Michelle didn't wear a hat."

"Michelle wore a hat and gloves. What's next, a headscarf?"

FOXNoise would be there every Sunday with voice recorders and cameras. Who in his right mind would put his chosen congregation through something like that? Best for him to stay out of churches, except for ceremonial visits."

Anonymous said...

links to my publications which one could easily access with pubmed. WTF for? You're a non entity with NO education, job or career...so why in the hell would I waste my time showing you links to presentations I've made, national awards I've received??madly mistaken miscreant

u proved my point well of course u have nothing to show cuz u have not published anything nor given any poster talks or anything else cuz u r a liar eye thought u dont have time to waste with anonymous commentators cuz of ur busy life then why r u engaging one here loser?
seems like ur rhetoric changes so often u forget the things u say so lets clarify...was it three degrees or four hon? lets be honest people with real successes under their belts rarely feel a need to play a bragodoccio role like urself and if u have legitimate publications then u would likely be proud to show them off loser u just cant admit that ure a liar and uve been found out this is why ur attacks and profanity has escalated as of late ur fragile ego supported by ur delusions is flailing and it is utterly pitiful
u aint even funny anymore ure just pathetic! shyt ur stances are inconsistent by the second r u sure u aint drunk when u post here?

*parola chrick*

uptownsteve said...

no_slappz

"I'm not sure what point you think you're making. Either you're so ignorant you really do think Jews (with a few exceptions) are not white. Or you think you're whacking me with an insult."

Neither. I'm acknowledging a phenomenon that I've encountered repeatedly over the last few years on the web.

Racist Jews masquerading on the web as "angry whiteguys" trying to get their redneck card punched.

And you can try to wish away anti-semitism all you like but it is here and it is strong.

That's why guys like you want to keep the flames of anti-black and anti-muslim hate alive and stoking.

Because were we not here, you'd find out very quickly how most white folks really feel about Jews.

no_slappz said...

uptownsteve, you wrote:

Because were we not here, you'd find out very quickly how most white folks really feel about Jews.

uptown, you have a talent for showing more than a fair share of ignorance.

Obviously you know nothing about Jews or anti-Semitism.

Here's some inside information for you. Occasionally some white supremacists babble moronically about Jews. But those clowns are harmless. They talk and do nothing.

However, once in a while, there's an actual physical attack on Jews. Guess who commits those attacks? I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn the culprits are blacks and muslims.

Anyway, since you think you know something, tell me how anti-Semitism is expressed in the US today.

We know how it's expressed by muslims around the world. The Koran includes explicit anti-Jewish statements and virtually every muslim government discriminates against Jews whenever possible.

MrsGrapevine said...

That's funny, I thought all you needed in order to become a Christian was to confess with your tongue and believe in your heart that Jesus is your savior, that he died for your sins and rose again.

I wasn't aware of the exception clause that stated your father must not be of any other religious backgrounds. I didn't know once a Muslim always a Muslim was also an exception to the rule. I certainly missed the class that stated if you are for Obamacare your Christian membership will be voided.

I guess I have a lot more to learn about Christianity.