Consider this my greatest hits post. It was inspired by a couple of honors I recently received, and an e-mail I got inquiring about some of my favorite essays I wrote since I started blogging.
Before I do that, I would like to first thank the people who put together the Black Weblog and the Black Web Awards. (I think they are different) I am honestly honored to have been nominated by them to receive one of their prestigious awards. Also, I would equally like to thank the field Negroes who voted for me. That's showing a brother some love for real.
So of the 243 posts I have done since I started this blog; the following are my favorites:
(Not in any particular order of favorites)
1. A friend of mine said he was browsing the web when he came across an article by a gentleman named Cobb. The article was posted on a conservative blog known as Booker Rising. Throughout the article, the gentleman took great exception to my views on Darfur. He went on to take some personal shots at me while quoting extensively from my article. Well, I checked it out for myself, and my friend was right. But rather than respond in kind, I will attempt to, once again, state my position on this issue--and especially as it relates to the house Negroes among us and why they think the way they do... (More here)
2. Hey, welcome to the Field Negro News Network.. (More here)
3. Folks consider this post a self improvement exercise from the field-negro. Yes, it's the Oprahization[sic] of the field-negroe's blog. I am going to give you a little pop quiz to help you realize if you are a racist or to help you recognize racism when you see it...(More here)
4. Thanks to my man Atiba, I received an excellent article via e-mail from the Associated Press. It was written by Erin Texeira and it had to do with the stereotypes that black men face on a daily basis and the different coping mechanisms that we use to get by..(More here)
5. I am always amused at how sensitive some blacks-particularly black conservatives-get when you talk about the house negro field negro dichotomy among black folks. Black conservatives are always quick to lash out at the house negro moniker as if it's directed at them...(More here)
6. So I am reading over at Wizbang, a conservative site that I like to visit now and then. And there is a post from one of the hosts about this family in Maine who tried to kidnap their daughter in order to force her to have an abortion. Well, as it turns out-I should have known-the young man that knocked her up was a ....Gasp!!! NEGRO!...(More here)
7. I really wasn't going to post tonight, but I just got home from the viewing of a very dear friend's father, who was suddenly taken away from him compliments of a massive heart attack..(More here)
8. Seems a couple of the Supremes, Uncle Clarence Thomas, and Anthony Kennedy, had to go before a house sub committee down in Washington and face some tough questions recently. Why you say? Well apparently, even the Supreme Court needs money...(More here)
9. Over the holidays I went to check out my homey Will Smith's new flick, "The Pursuit of Happyness". A true story about a self made millionaire, and his struggles with his young son out of poverty. I gave it a thumps up, and I won't front, that bad boy had me tearing up from time to time. But you know me, as usual, I had some issues..(More here)
11. In case you didn't know this; white people really really treat their pets well. I swear, white people love their pets more than they love people...(More here)
12. I am sure that my friends down South are familiar with Hunting Clubs. I remember when I was living in Louisiana that was a big deal. Come hunting season you would go on acres and acres of your club's land and shoot all the Bambi's, wild boars, and water fowls to your heart's content. All for an annual fee..(More here)
13. It's Monday evening, and if you just had a hard days work, and want to something to cheer you up, stop reading now, and visit my site again another time...(More here)
The image above is that of a Jamaican Maroon and the little guy I used to use before my blog got a little too popular and I became concerned with some legal issues. Since I am in a reminiscing mood, I am throwing him up there one last time before I finally put him to rest.
There won't be any such issues with my new image, because the likeness I use is my own. Yep, that's me folks. What, you think I spend all that time in the gym for nothing ? :)