Monday, August 20, 2007

Showing a field Negro some love.



Consider this my greatest hits post. It was inspired by a couple of honors I recently received, and an e-mail I got inquiring about some of my favorite essays I wrote since I started blogging.





Before I do that, I would like to first thank the people who put together the Black Weblog and the Black Web Awards. (I think they are different) I am honestly honored to have been nominated by them to receive one of their prestigious awards. Also, I would equally like to thank the field Negroes who voted for me. That's showing a brother some love for real.





So of the 243 posts I have done since I started this blog; the following are my favorites:


(Not in any particular order of favorites)

1. A friend of mine said he was browsing the web when he came across an article by a gentleman named Cobb. The article was posted on a conservative blog known as Booker Rising. Throughout the article, the gentleman took great exception to my views on Darfur. He went on to take some personal shots at me while quoting extensively from my article. Well, I checked it out for myself, and my friend was right. But rather than respond in kind, I will attempt to, once again, state my position on this issue--and especially as it relates to the house Negroes among us and why they think the way they do... (More here)


2. Hey, welcome to the Field Negro News Network.. (More here)



3. Folks consider this post a self improvement exercise from the field-negro. Yes, it's the Oprahization[sic] of the field-negroe's blog. I am going to give you a little pop quiz to help you realize if you are a racist or to help you recognize racism when you see it...(More here)


4. Thanks to my man Atiba, I received an excellent article via e-mail from the Associated Press. It was written by Erin Texeira and it had to do with the stereotypes that black men face on a daily basis and the different coping mechanisms that we use to get by..(More here)



5. I am always amused at how sensitive some blacks-particularly black conservatives-get when you talk about the house negro field negro dichotomy among black folks. Black conservatives are always quick to lash out at the house negro moniker as if it's directed at them...(More here)



6. So I am reading over at Wizbang, a conservative site that I like to visit now and then. And there is a post from one of the hosts about this family in Maine who tried to kidnap their daughter in order to force her to have an abortion. Well, as it turns out-I should have known-the young man that knocked her up was a ....Gasp!!! NEGRO!...(More here)


7. I really wasn't going to post tonight, but I just got home from the viewing of a very dear friend's father, who was suddenly taken away from him compliments of a massive heart attack..(More here)


8. Seems a couple of the Supremes, Uncle Clarence Thomas, and Anthony Kennedy, had to go before a house sub committee down in Washington and face some tough questions recently. Why you say? Well apparently, even the Supreme Court needs money...(More here)



9. Over the holidays I went to check out my homey Will Smith's new flick, "The Pursuit of Happyness". A true story about a self made millionaire, and his struggles with his young son out of poverty. I gave it a thumps up, and I won't front, that bad boy had me tearing up from time to time. But you know me, as usual, I had some issues..(More here)



10. I want to post about something I saw over at My DD ,a progressive net roots web site whose primary focus seems to be the advancement of democratic party candidates..(More here)



11. In case you didn't know this; white people really really treat their pets well. I swear, white people love their pets more than they love people...(More here)



12. I am sure that my friends down South are familiar with Hunting Clubs. I remember when I was living in Louisiana that was a big deal. Come hunting season you would go on acres and acres of your club's land and shoot all the Bambi's, wild boars, and water fowls to your heart's content. All for an annual fee..(More here)

13. It's Monday evening, and if you just had a hard days work, and want to something to cheer you up, stop reading now, and visit my site again another time...(More here)









The image above is that of a Jamaican Maroon and the little guy I used to use before my blog got a little too popular and I became concerned with some legal issues. Since I am in a reminiscing mood, I am throwing him up there one last time before I finally put him to rest.
There won't be any such issues with my new image, because the likeness I use is my own. Yep, that's me folks. What, you think I spend all that time in the gym for nothing ? :)













13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again. Peace ...

SouthernGirl2 said...

Field

Congrats! You're so deserving of this award. Good for you!

Tafari said...

Does your popularity scare you?

field negro said...

Thanks guys!No bygbaby,not really, because I don't think I am really that popular in the overall blogging world.(I consider myself a middle to lower tier blogger in terms of popularity)

What's scary is when blogging clashes with my other world. Every now and then someone (usually from my 9-5 plantation) will say some shit like; "I know you are that field Negro blogger." Now that's kind of scary :)

Anonymous said...

@field > "I know you are that field Negro blogger." Now that's kind of scary :) -- that's when you know you've made it. congratulations but even without the award, your blog is still heavy :)

Christopher Chambers said...

Where is "Cobb" now--still a virus in that infection known as "booker Rising?" Seems they too have forgotten about Darfur now that they got all the ammo they wanted out of attacking Muslims. of cours Israel along with the US is now showing it's true color there as well.

So congratz on the "best of" list. As for Lark Vorhees, I think she's gone for good. Better to just steal that Patton sista away from that little wimp Robin Thicke...

Cheers

Ross said...

Congrats Field, and keep up the good work. I am new to the game of blogging and love to read your blog.

Unknown said...

Congrats Field ... you have earned all of the accolades coming your way. In fact, it seems that you have gotten stronger over recent weeks. I join others from The AfroSpear in supporting you in the 2007 Black Weblog Awards!

peace, Villager

Anonymous said...

Congrats Your Field-ness!

Mahndisa S. Rigmaiden said...

08 21 07

Congrats on your newfound fame FN. Although you realize we would all frequent your blog anyhow;) heheheh

I like the posts you chose to highlight, especially the one about being a white person's pet. That is too funny! My sister was talking about that the other day and accused me and my husband of treating our dog the way white folks treat their pets. I didn't argue. After all, my Lena had just licked my face and jumped in my bed and I didn't tell her to get off;) hehehe

field negro said...

Thank you to two of my favorite female bloggers mahndisa, and aulelia. Ross and villager, you guys might be new, but your work is already praise worthy.

Thanks Max, the "freeslave" is a must read for me, and always a necessary stop on the highway of knowledge.

Chris, I can't let Lark go just yet. I keep having this recurring dream of being in a Jehovah's Witness Chapel, standing at the alter with my boo, and little Lark flower girls skipping all around me :)

BTW, how is your beef with those B****r R****g folks going?

Christopher Chambers said...

My beef is still hot. They are getting dumber and dumber over there, with most of the posts being about Iraq or attacking Hillary. Nothing on the Jena kids.

They did come get me on the Darfur-Israel thing. Of course they are of quiet on Mike Vick. Strange becaue you thing they'd be as rapid as me. LOL

Christopher Chambers said...

PS who claimed they owned the maroon? Is it some reprint from a book? I'm no IP lawyer but this stuff is complicated.